• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

DonMigs85 said:
Oh please I beg you with the fury of a thousand suns! May I have one?
Seks responded first, but he should be able to give my Chaparral to you if he uses the USB exploit. If not, then you'll have to wait a day.

theignoramus said:
Seks responded first, but he should be able to give my Chaparral to you if he uses the USB exploit. If not, then you'll have to wait a day.

I'd love to get in on that too please. Also sick of waiting for the 7 in the used car lot. I'll make sure to pay it forward after :p

it's funny, I vowed to avoid that fucking used car lot after I bought my first car there, but it does contain some pretty awesome LeMans cars and cool concept cars like the 2J. But apparently it's too much for us to be able to browse all 800 used cars in an easy, timely manner. I got the 2J in a trade myself, I refused to pay 14 million for it.
Still an awesome car though, you can do some epic laps on Nordschleife with it.

Hanmik

hmm... yesterday when I started up GT5 I saw a new "News".. ;o) .. it was the news about the Signature AMG challenge ... never seen that news in the game GT5, only seen it here and on the official webpage.
So why did it appear yesterday..? did the challenge just launch..?

Hanmik

My B-spec driver is a strange fellow.. he wins races but he leaves my car looking like crap..

10 seconds into the race:
W05lu.jpg

2 laps into the race:
UhWmW.jpg

last lap:
V2gym.jpg

just before the finish line:
76yEP.jpg

it was a little 6 lap race on Rome.. my car was scratched and beat up at the end.. and it actually looked like the car was smiling..

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
theignoramus said:
it's funny, I vowed to avoid that fucking used car lot after I bought my first car there, but it does contain some pretty awesome LeMans cars and cool concept cars like the 2J. But apparently it's too much for us to be able to browse all 800 used cars in an easy, timely manner. I got the 2J in a trade myself, I refused to pay 14 million for it.
Still an awesome car though, you can do some epic laps on Nordschleife with it.
Not a concept car but an actual CanAm racer.

Dead Man

Tailzo said:
So I got YLOD, GT5 is stuck inside my ps3, as well as my gamesave. I am afraid to void the warranty, so I didn't use th hair dryer trick.

My question; If I get GT5 again, would anyone of you be so kind and lend me a super awesome car to help me get back to where I was as fast as possible? The best car I had was a fully boosted Zonda 09. It was so awesome:(
PM me when you are back and I'll hook you up if you need something, I have a Zonda I can clone for you if you want, or a few other things.

Hanmik said:
My B-spec driver is a strange fellow.. he wins races but he leaves my car looking like crap..

10 seconds into the race:
http://i.imgur.com/W05lu.jpg[IMG]

2 laps into the race:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/UhWmW.jpg[IMG]

last lap:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/V2gym.jpg[IMG]

just before the finish line:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/76yEP.jpg[IMG]

it was a little 6 lap race on Rome.. my car was scratched and beat up at the end.. and it actually looked like the car was smiling..[/QUOTE]
This is great! It's like even the Lambo wants smilies back :lol

mclaren777

I'm still looking for the Nismo GT-R LM and I'm also on the prowl for the FTO Super Touring Car.

If any of you buy these for me, I'll gladly give you pretty much anything you want.

jSFP8.jpg

AndyD

aka andydumi
Where does the Toyota 7 come from? I dont want to spend 15 mil for one. And I think I need one for the Japanese Classics.

Dead Man

mclaren777 said:
I'm still looking for the Nismo GT-R LM and I'm also on the prowl for the FTO Super Touring Car.

If any of you buy these for me, I'll gladly give you pretty much anything you want.

jSFP8.jpg
What year do you mean for the Nismo LM? The blue one that is an R33? I think, or the full on hardcore body kitted out one from GT4?

AndyD said:
Where does the Toyota 7 come from? I dont want to spend 15 mil for one. And I think I need one for the Japanese Classics.
When in doubt, consult here:

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=134047

B-Spec Like The Wind: Toyota 7 Race Car '70 (S)

blu

I was about to dump these into /dev/null, but then I thought somebody might actually want to take a ride in one of these coffins, so here they are for the grabbing, brand new, seats still in plastic wraps:

* Veyron 16.4 '09
* Audi Pikes Peak quattro '03
* Jey Leno's Tank Car '03

Well that was bizarre. My bspec driver pitted, but they didn't refuel him (the option screen said 96 litres)... he then ran out of fuel and had to pit the following lap. Luckily this time they did refuel him.

brentech

Psychotext said:
Well that was bizarre. My bspec driver pitted, but they didn't refuel him (the option screen said 96 litres)... he then ran out of fuel and had to pit the following lap. Luckily this time they did refuel him.
Wow, that'd be aweful if it happened at the 'ring.

If you guys want free expensive/rare cars all you have to do is participate on the NeoGAFer in a Reasonably Priced Car, you might win one :p

KjWUG.jpg

(there's more ofc)

brentech

Metalmurphy said:
If you guys want free expensive/rare cars all you have to do is participate on the NeoGAFer in a Reasonably Priced Car, you might win one :p

KjWUG.jpg

(there's more ofc)
While I've already logged a time this month, I want one more go. Let me know if you plan to be on today.

Right now I'm working on my GT-R world record trophy. 2 seconds to cut off =O

brentech said:
While I've already logged a time this month, I want one more go. Let me know if you plan to be on today.

Right now I'm working on my GT-R world record trophy. 2 seconds to cut off =O

Whenever ur ready. Just warn me in the chat to let me know
NRL Chat

AndyD

aka andydumi
Metalmurphy said:

KjWUG.jpg

(there's more ofc)

I would love to do it but I am never at home when someone is around to do it.

Which led me to think of something PD should do as an improvement:
- user created challenges with leaderboards.

That way you could create a challenge, much like a seasonal event, where you stipulate track, time trial or race, car specs/limits and other options (friends only, wide open, challenge to 1 friend) and you deposit a price in credits or a car and you set a timeline, 1 day, 1 week, 1 month.

If the challenge is to an individual, they get a PSN message or on GT life. If to friends only, they get a message in GT life. If open to all, then its searchable with a code like the multiplayer rooms.

That way you can set the parameters and post the code and we can all do as many laps as we want under those restrictions. At the end of the time period, the winner gets the prize.

PD can even promote some of the events if they want along their own made seasonal events.

brentech

mclaren777 said:
Hmm. None of those cars appeal to me but I'm willing to give it a shot.
Pretty sure those are just some possibles, but I think yesterday he said no car off limits --- but if you want a used, it just might not be available. Correct me if I'm wrong there...

Ready to go when you can mm

brentech said:
Pretty sure those are just some possibles, but I think yesterday he said no car off limits --- but if you want a used, it just might not be available. Correct me if I'm wrong there...

Ready to go when you can mm

Pretty much that. Any Premium car except the X1 (I don't wanna give this one away). And as far as Standard go... well... Currently @ 300+/1000

AndyD said:
I would love to do it but I am never at home when someone is around to do it.
Just say that you wanna set a time and I we'll arrange a date. I am never on my TG-NRPC account so don't think that just cause it's offline I'm not available :p

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
theignoramus said:

Did you gift it to me already? :lol

I honestly haven't checked yet. But if you did, thanks duder!

As for the beggers: I'm willing to dupe a Chapparral and X1 S. Vettel for anyone. But I do need to add/remove people after transfers and stuff is complete because I really am running out of space from LBP2/BC2/SSF4/GT5 people. :lol

You just need to PM me, though.

cilonen

X2010 S.Vettel get!

Ah, B-spec level 35. Now I can stop the Bob squad doing Tsukuba 9hr runs, they'll be thrilled to lap Le Mans repeatedly for the next week and a half.

blu said:
I was about to dump these into /dev/null, but then I thought somebody might actually want to take a ride in one of these coffins, so here they are for the grabbing, brand new, seats still in plastic wraps:

* Veyron 16.4 '09

Any chance of an escudo coming my way? :-D
Would be much appreciated.

Edit: bah, obviously my excitement forced me to read that wrong. Please disregard (unless you DO have an escudo to send me!!!!)...

hultrain

Neo Member
OK, question from a noob here. Tried searching, but couldn't find anything.

So, I've gotten the Hommell Berlinette as a prize. In the garage, on the preview screen for the Berlinette is a little symbol, looks like some wheat/grain. What's that about?

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
What does "Community Spotlight" in the thread title mean?

Anyhow, I had a chance to play this for the first time over the weekend. I sucked pretty badly (I blame the DS3), but I still felt it was pretty impressive overall. Graphically in particular.

brentech

user_nat said:
What does "Community Spotlight" in the thread title mean?

Anyhow, I had a chance to play this for the first time over the weekend. I sucked pretty badly (I blame the DS3), but I still felt it was pretty impressive overall. Graphically in particular.
Apparently something the mods/admins trying out. Selecting a community to spotlight every so often in order to draw people to the community tab the game will get placed back under when it's spotlight period is done. Then they'll move another game from 'community' to 'Gaming Discussion' to spotlight.

In other news, just nailed down the GT-R World Record trophy. Was working on it pretty hard earlier, then took a break and after 2 attempts, got'r'done! Felt good.

DonMigs85

blu said:

* Veyron 16.4 '09
blu, may I please have the Tank Car?

cilonen

hultrain said:
OK, question from a noob here. Tried searching, but couldn't find anything.

So, I've gotten the Hommell Berlinette as a prize. In the garage, on the preview screen for the Berlinette is a little symbol, looks like some wheat/grain. What's that about?

It's Hommell's logo. Ferrari have a prancing horse and Audi have the four rings, Hommell have... grains of wheat on a black background.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hommell

blu

DonMigs85 said:
blu, may I please have the Tank Car?
One tank coming your way later today.

Evil_as_skeleton, nope man, I don't have the little bumblebee.

Hanmik

some questions.. (if anyone still is watching this thread)

- what car(s) would you recommend for the German Touring car championship? and where can I find these cars, because I did not find any in the premium shop..
- what car is good for the Historical championship..? have not got the Toyota 7 yet from Ride Like the Wind b-spec, because my b-spec is only lvl. 12 or 13 ...
- what is the fastest way to get the money for the Formula GT car...? I have around 2.5 million credit on my account at the moment.. I have done all seasonals..
- are there coming new seasonals tomorrow..? if so then I might get enough credit for the Formula GT car...

I only need to complete Historical, German Touring car and the Formula GT cup, then I have completed a-spec (I am not going to play the endurance races, as long as I cannot save during the races).. so please help my.. after the A-spec is done, I can concentrate on Challenges and Licenses...

Dead Man

Hanmik said:

- what car(s) would you recommend for the German Touring car championship? and where can I find these cars, because I did not find any in the premium shop..
- what car is good for the Historical championship..? have not got the Toyota 7 yet from Ride Like the Wind b-spec, because my b-spec is only lvl. 12 or 13 ...
- what is the fastest way to get the money for the Formula GT car...? I have around 2.5 million credit on my account at the moment.. I have done all seasonals..
- are there coming new seasonals tomorrow..? if so then I might get enough credit for the Formula GT car...

I only need to complete Historical, German Touring car and the Formula GT cup, then I have completed a-spec (I am not going to play the endurance races, as long as I cannot save during the races).. so please help my.. after the A-spec is done, I can concentrate on Challenges and Licenses...
The only non used car you can use for that is a Lexus racing concept I believe. You can buy it, but you win it from one of the endurance races.

cilonen

Hanmik said:

Your only real alternative to the Toyota 7 for the historic cup is a Chapparal 2J, which goes for about 15 million in the used dealership IIRC. It's cote d'azur that's the problem. You could try with a Ford MkIV or a Ferrari P330 and try and cause a massive pile up before the 2J used by the AI gets away, then block it continually, but that would be really tough.

Touring car - IS-F racing concept 750k from the Lexus dealership as mentioned. Tune it if you want to really humiliate the AI.

Money - ZR1 RM at Indy in the Extreme American Championship, 110~ish k every 4 mins at the mo, might go back to 90~ish k in February.

I'm hoping for more seasonals tomorrow too.

Top Bottom