• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

cilonen said:
Your only real alternative to the Toyota 7 for the historic cup is a Chapparal 2J, which goes for about 15 million in the used dealership IIRC. It's cote d'azur that's the problem. You could try with a Ford MkIV or a Ferrari P330 and try and cause a massive pile up before the 2J used by the AI gets away, then block it continually, but that would be really tough.

you can win this championship with a fully tuned ferrari 512

cote d'azur is easy because the ai is awful, deep forest is a bit more challenging, but if you can keep the toyota 7 behind you on the main straight you will win the race no problem.

630 of 1031 here.

All i´m doing right now is Ford GT LM Spec II > american championship > indy 5 lap race > do this five times > go to used lot, buy a bunch of cars, repeat everything.

It´s giving me about 50 cars each day.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Hanmik said:
some questions.. (if anyone still is watching this thread)

- what car(s) would you recommend for the German Touring car championship? and where can I find these cars, because I did not find any in the premium shop..
None of those are in the premium shop. Look for Opel Touring Car, BMW M3 GTR, Alfa Romeo 155, etc, in the used car lot. Also, have 700K+ credits ready.

- what car is good for the Historical championship..? have not got the Toyota 7 yet from Ride Like the Wind b-spec, because my b-spec is only lvl. 12 or 13 ...
A maxed out Countach with a spoiler does the job with some skill at Deep Forest, and with ease at Cote D'Azure.

- what is the fastest way to get the money for the Formula GT car...? I have around 2.5 million credit on my account at the moment.. I have done all seasonals..
As others have pointed out - American Championship @ extreme, first challenge earns money pretty fast.

seattle6418 said:
630 of 1031 here.

All i´m doing right now is Ford GT LM Spec II > american championship > indy 5 lap race > do this five times > go to used lot, buy a bunch of cars, repeat everything.

It´s giving me about 50 cars each day.
If all you wanna do is refresh the car lot just go to the licenses. Start at the first then Next > Next > Next > Next > Quit

Dealership filled with new cars.

h3ro

Anyone have a Chrome paint chip they want to trade me?

I have a good collection of Matte paints and a couple of chameleon TVR colors. PM me if you'd like to work something out. :)

Shaneus

h3ro said:
Anyone have a Chrome paint chip they want to trade me?

I have a good collection of Matte paints and a couple of chameleon TVR colors. PM me if you'd like to work something out. :)
Fuck, I'd love a chrome chip or two. Dupe the hell out of those things, blind the hell out of everyone with my chrome McLaren F1.

jey_16

Banned
the LFA is a waste of money.....i know it looks great (especially in Matte Black) but for 385,000....you would expect a lot more, it tops out at 691hp

also.....should the Formula GT be fine for the Gran Turismo All-Stars championship?

jey_16 said:
the LFA is a waste of money.....i know it looks great (especially in Matte Black) but for 385,000....you would expect a lot more, it tops out at 691hp

also.....should the Formula GT be fine for the Gran Turismo All-Stars championship?

It is fine for every event in the game that it is elegible for.

h3ro

Via GTP:

VW Schimmwagen @ Cape Ring Periphery (800,000 cr/30000 exp)
Peugeot 207 GTi @ Cote d' Azur (150,000 cr/40,000 exp)
TVR Tuscan Speed 6 @ Cape Ring South (200,000 cr/70,000 exp)
Alfa Romeo BC Competizione @ Rome (350,000 cr/90,000 exp)
DTM Touring Cars @ Nuburgring GP/D (2,000,000 cr/120,000 exp)

New Dealership:
Ford F-150 Lightning
Dodge Ram
BMW M3 GTR Race Car
Opel and Vauxhall Calibra Touring Cars
Opel and Vauxhall Astra Touring Cars
Audi A4 Touring Car
Mercedes-Benz CLK Touring Car
Audi TT-R Touring Car
Alfa 155 2.5 V6 Ti '93
Formula Gran Turismo

Anyone game for that Chrome chip trade? :)

brentech

Really hope they keep up this seasonal release schedule. It's a great way for people that don't want to dive into the endurance races to get some prime XP. I've done 5 of the 9 endurance so far (figure to complete them all at SOME point), but even with that the XP for a single seasonal is like a present each week.

Still really wondering and hoping Kaz will release some info as to what else is included in the February patch. GT Anywhere doesn't really fix any issues as far as I'm concerned -- still holds up your PS3.
Holding out hope that one day long replays will actually be accessible by a FF or RWD button.

UFRA

Wow, more seasonal events, this is great!

This is my chance to get to level 30 easily. :D

I'm like 10% into 29 right now, and completing A-Spec Extreme events is only making the bar crawl at like 1% at a time it seems. Ugh.

Dead Man

Metalmurphy said:
If all you wanna do is refresh the car lot just go to the licenses. Start at the first then Next > Next > Next > Next > Quit

Dealership filled with new cars.
It's even quicker to go to a race now that we can restart. Each restart cycles a day.

offshore

Just got my second Ticket 1000...

...a freaking standard Mustard Yellow Lotus Elise. Ugh.

New seasonals are...interesting. The Schimmwagen? Why couldn't it be the Kubelwagen? Wouldn't have to spend 625,000 then.

blu

h3ro said:
Via GTP:

Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione @ Rome (350,000 cr/90,000 exp)

New Dealership:
Ford F-150 Lightning
Dodge Ram
BMW M3 GTR Race Car
Audi A4 Touring Car
Audi TT-R Touring Car
Alfa 155 2.5 V6 Ti '93

Formula Gran Turismo
Heh, the new selection of cars in the dealership is exactly what I've been looking for for the past two days :D

Naar

Quick question

I remember reading that you can hook GT5 to 3 TVs if you had 3 PS3s connected together.

I remember they demo'd something where you can have 2000P resolution or 120 FPS or something crazy like that.

So...is that still possible or was it just a demonstration?

amar212

Naar said:
Quick question
I remember reading that you can hook GT5 to 3 TVs if you had 3 PS3s connected together.
I remember they demo'd something where you can have 2000P resolution or 120 FPS or something crazy like that.
So...is that still possible or was it just a demonstration?

Multi-screen (3 parallel screens for 174-degree field) was never actually shown with GT5. Of all possible "upgrades" of GT5, multi-screen would be #1 on my personal list. Unlinkely to hapen though, although all tech and soft is pretty much there..

2K-rez was tech-demonstration.

Naar

Damn that sucks. I was hoping it was possible for 3 screens. I could have sworn it was at GamesCom or E3 or something

amar212

Naar said:
Damn that sucks. I was hoping it was possible for 3 screens. I could have sworn it was at GamesCom or E3 or something

No, to be honest GT5 was never shown in triple-screen configuration.

Also, same goes for Prologue if I remember well. No kind of official presentation was ever showcased with multiscreen.

Strange, because multiscreen (and not just with 3, but with 6+ screens) was part of both GT3 (2001) and GT4 (2004) games and was working flawlessly.

In GT3 it was supported through iLink (Firewire) ports and was a bit complicated to set-up backthen (firewire hubs and cables were pretty pricey), it supported up to 8 consoles in multi-screen where you could use 6 to display all views (3 screens for front view, 3 screens for backside left/right and rear-view) of the cameras and extra 2 as real-time replay screens.

In GT4 it was made through normal LAN (CAT) connection, enabling up to 6 screens to be connected.

I still can't understand why the option was removed from Prologue/GT5. Only thing that comes to my mind is the need to reprogram the view-degrees for cockpits because default left-right views and actual point-of-views were not made to fit multiscreen properly.

Hanmik

h3ro said:
Via GTP:

Alfa Romeo BC Competizione @ Rome (350,000 cr/90,000 exp)

New Dealership:
Ford F-150 Lightning
Dodge Ram
BMW M3 GTR Race Car
Audi A4 Touring Car
Audi TT-R Touring Car
Alfa 155 2.5 V6 Ti '93

Formula Gran Turismo

Anyone game for that Chrome chip trade? :)

HAHA (insert one of the missing smileys)... yesterday I was asking in here for the German touring cars, Only one is available in the dealership, the lexus.. so I bought it yesterday, because I hate waiting for the right car in the used dealership. And fucking 3 hours later they all are in the online dealership.. is Kaz watching my progress..? ;o) but Ok I completed the German Touring car championship with ease yesterday in my Lexus. So I have that car ready for the seasonals today.. as far as I can see it is even the same track as in the Championship that is in the seasonals..

So now I only need to complete the historical and Formula. Then it´s on to watching the LIST of endurance races, and never playing them.. no way in hell I can get more than 3 hours playtime on my PS3 in one day, life´s to busy for that...

By the way thanks for the tips yesterday. Will try the countach in the historical tonight, I have the car just need to tune it a little.. I really hope the new seasonals give me enough money to buy the Formula GT.. only car left for me to buy, that is required for a race.. the rest will be bought because of my OCD for collecting stuff.

Ohh had a fun little Nascar race on Highspeed-ring last week..

the AI spun me out inthe first corner...

GAkju.jpg

MC5US.jpg

the bumper got scratched and I got a big dent.. in the first corner..
Joisu.jpg

but off course I got my act together and started cruising..
iK0sG.jpg

in the middle of the second lap I was leading, and they never saw me again..
pIiEi.jpg

TTG

Finally put in a decent first lap time on Suzuka, 1.09 dead. That seems to be the bare minimum for getting a bronze. Hopefully I'll be able to string something decent together eventually and I'm not taking the first turn on the flying lap well enough to hold a 2 second gap, I don't think. Finish this off by the end of the week and then I'm done with the Red Bull stuff. Absolute torture with a controller.

ashk

blu said:
Heh, the new selection of cars in the dealership is exactly what I've been looking for for the past two days :D

Me too :D I've been collecting DTM cars, two days ago I bought the Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5 – 16 Evolution II Touring Car and all I was missing was the Opel Astra and the sweet Alfa. So unless I missed something, I should have all the DTM cars now.

krioto

ashk said:
Me too :D I've been collecting DTM cars, two days ago I bought the Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5 – 16 Evolution II Touring Car and all I was missing was the Opel Astra and the sweet Alfa. So unless I missed something, I should have all the DTM cars now.

I'm just missing the Merc 190 - have all the others I wanted - but it's not in the online dealership.

Shit yeah! Going to buy all of those DTM cars. Have been hunting for them for weeks. I bought all of the JGTC cars from last weeks dealership. So nice to have the online dealership and seasonal events refreshed like this. Can't wait to get home tonight.

Edit: btw, I thought this thread fell of the face of the earth. Kept looking for it in community until I checked my subscriptions.

I tried to win American Championship Laguna Seca B-Spec with proper tactics and couldn't get past the GT40 and 2J. Got bored of chasing them and started to just pressing increase pace. I turn around 5 minutes later and I am 10 seconds in the lead

seriously, wtf.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
NO! MY SEXY LIME GREEN FURAI!

DAMN YOU KAZ! DAMN YOU!

(Should've bought it since I had the money instead of being stingy and waiting while giving cars out to people. :/ BAWWW. ;___;)

AndyD

aka andydumi
krioto said:
I'm just missing the Merc 190 - have all the others I wanted - but it's not in the online dealership.

I have one in my driveway! 87 190e 2.6 Fantastic little buggers.

I want one in the game too, have not seen one yet.

AndyD

aka andydumi
PetriP-TNT said:
I tried to win American Championship Laguna Seca B-Spec with proper tactics and couldn't get past the GT40 and 2J. Got bored of chasing them and started to just pressing increase pace. I turn around 5 minutes later and I am 10 seconds in the lead

seriously, wtf.

Sometimes the AI will be forced to make a mistake and run wide and that's the only way to pass.

Beckenbauer was in 3rd on one race and I kept pressing increase pace so he was on the tail of the guy in second who was on the tail of first. So the guy in second tried to overtake first, fishtailed, speared the guy and first and Beckenbauer passed them on the inside to take 1st.

blu

TheSeks said:
NO! MY SEXY LIME GREEN FURAI!

DAMN YOU KAZ! DAMN YOU!

(Should've bought it since I had the money instead of being stingy and waiting while giving cars out to people. :/ BAWWW. ;___;)
You most definitely should have. That's what I did :p

TheSeks

I gotta get a transmission for the Nazi SubWagon to stand a chance. WTF. :/

TheSeks

Well, that certainly was fun.

Racing: Soft.
ECU timing
Sports Air.
Sports Manifold
Sports Headers
Sports Exhaust
Sports Converter.
Custom Transmission set to 112 MPH.

Son of a bitch gets up to 90, last corner BRAKE.

"Oh, shit..." (CAR THROWN NEARLY OFF TRACK GOING THREE WHEELS UP)

:lol :lol :lol

That was heart pounding, but I won. Crazy car.

Blu said:
You most definitely should have. That's what I did :p

The only reason I didn't was:

1) 1.5 million for a car I already have.
2) That car I already have (for free, mind you) was tuned for Like the Wind Indy.

It'd just be sitting in the garage collecting dust except when I want to oh and ah over it.

(You should totally dupe me the paint so I can paint my red Furai that green. :()

Top Bottom