• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

I don't know which model it is, but the Lambo you use in the grand tour is close to undrivable on the track they put it on. Bizarre choice.

Patrick Bateman said:
I don't get Lambos. They are oversteering so much. Or is there an option I should switch off to prevent that?
Actually, they're understeering. At least the Gallardo I drove. But that's because Lambo's are shit. There, I said it!

Maybe except for the Miura

I want to see them add in the Ford F-150 Raptor in the future.

Just watched the newest Top Gear episode with it featured and MY GOD THAT TRUCK IS A MUST HAVE FOR ME NOW.

When I get my new promotion at work I MUST buy one.

SmokyDave

Been itching to play GT5 all day. Cleared space in the evening so I wouldn't be interrupted. Set up the steering wheel, poured a coffee, rolled a joint.

My fucking blu-ray drive has died.

Gutted. It's been making dodgy noises for the last week but I was kidding myself into hoping it was nothing. I guess now I know. It still reads DVD's but there will be no driving bliss for me this evening.

I have a 40GB with YLoD around here somewhere, I might try swapping the drives over. For now though, my GT5 adventure is over :(

Edit: The real kicker? It was a B/C launch unit :(

Firewire

Banned
God damn stupid Dodge Ram! I had to pour a shit load of money into that piece of shit just to make my b-spec drivers competitive with it.

spats

SmokyDave said:
Been itching to play GT5 all day. Cleared space in the evening so I wouldn't be interrupted. Set up the steering wheel, poured a coffee, rolled a joint.

Gutted. It's been making dodgy noises for the last week but I was kidding myself into hoping it was nothing. I guess now I know. It still reads DVD's but there will be no driving bliss for me this evening.

I have a 40GB with YLoD around here somewhere, I might try swapping the drives over. For now though, my GT5 adventure is over :(

Ouch. Sorry to hear that. :(

Unlock the goddamn saves, Polyphony.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
>>Grinding list<<

That's not helpful for EXP. Which is the biggest issue with the game, not the money. Money you can get just having your B-spec drivers drive. EXP is the harder thing to get as you get so little of it after hitting 13. :|

SmokyDave said:

That sucks. It's why I always wished that the PS3 had the install option that the 360 does. I rarely play more than 2 games at a time on any system so installing them until I finish or tire of them is awesome.

Won GT Allstars B-Spec. Surprisingly tight, especially Cape Ring which was pain in the ass.

581 game days and counting, still no sighting of GT Formula :lol

Firewire

Banned
SmokyDave said:

Are you sure that yellow light isn't actually green? It was all an illusion.gif! :lol

SmokyDave

It seems all old BD drives are identical. The patient is going into surgery now. Fingers crossed.

spats said:

I'm going to be carving that into my arm if I can't fix this fucker.

keyrat

Psychotext said:
I don't know which model it is, but the Lambo you use in the grand tour is close to undrivable on the track they put it on. Bizarre choice.

Meh, it's fine to me. After 2 tries I was competing effectively.

Worse is how the headlights stop working on uphill portions; leaves me completely blind.

To whoever recommended Furai for Like The Wind: Fuck You!

The best I can get in B-Spec is 7th and the Group-C cars are way ahead of the pack.

That was a waste of 15 minutes.

I really gotta get the Minolta in A-Spec now :lol

test_account

XP-39C²
I had a really close B-Spec race earlier, but i won :D Anyone else that have had this close race before?

15s2dtk.jpg

plainr_

fu3lfr3nzy said:

The best I can get in B-Spec is 7th and the Group-C cars are way ahead of the pack.

<3 Minolta

paskowitz said:
Start off with the Gallardo, then get the SV when you have the $.
I wish I had asked this earlier. I bought the Murcielago Super Veloce and maxed it out for the Lambo event. Now I have to buy a Gallardo and tune it for the Gallardo one.

And I'm still broke after my ZR1 purchase last night. ;_;

Oh well, time to put my slave to work! *cracks whip*

paskowitz

fu3lfr3nzy said:

A upgraded 908 does the job, as does the Minolta. I tried both the Furai and the Zonda and could only get 3-5th place.

SteelAttack said:
I wish I had asked this earlier. I bought the Murcielago Super Veloce and maxed it out for the Lambo event. Now I have to buy a Gallardo and tune it for the Gallardo one.

And I'm still broke after my ZR1 purchase last night. ;_;

Oh well, time to put my slave to work! *cracks whip*

The SV is really beast, so its not like it was a waste of money. Also you are going to want to upgrade that Gallardo, for some reason the stock Gallardos in the Lambo B-spec event are really fast.

Since you already have the ZR1 the next BIG purchase I would make is a Peugeot 908 HDi Fap. When upgraded it can run with just about anything and its good for many events. It has 1000ft-lb of torque with a stage 3 turbo and an oil change. Its 4.5m credits but trust me latter it will pay you back. Second choice is simply winning the Minolta.

UFRA

Firewire said:
God damn stupid Dodge Ram! I had to pour a shit load of money into that piece of shit just to make my b-spec drivers competitive with it.
:lol

I put 104,000 credits into my Ram. I call it the F1 Truck now because it rivals supercars. I caught up to a friend of mine in his McLaren F1 Stealth Car with my Ram. :lol

test_account

XP-39C²
SmokyDave said:
It seems all old BD drives are identical. The patient is going into surgery now. Fingers crossed.

I'm going to be carving that into my arm if I can't fix this fucker.
If you go to 'System Settings' and choose 'Data Transfer Utility', then it is possible to transfer the content over to another PS3, even the locked save games. So if your PS3 is functioning besides the drive and if you have another PS3, there are still hope :) Sorry to hear that your PS3 disc drive died though :(

SteelAttack said:
:lol Awesome.
I was on like 2nd and 3rd place throughout most of the race, but on the last strech before the finish i managed to catch up and to win with 00.000 seconds hehe :D

mrklaw

MrArseFace
paskowitz said:
Since you already have the ZR1 the next BIG purchase I would make is a Peugeot 908 HDi Fap. When upgraded it can run with just about anything and its good for many events. It has 1000ft-lb of torque with a stage 3 turbo and an oil change. Its 4.5m credits but trust me latter it will pay you back. Second choice is simply winning the Minolta.
Surely win the minolta - not that difficult as he already has a ZR1-RM. Save your money for the formula GT

TheSeks said:
That's not helpful for EXP. Which is the biggest issue with the game, not the money. Money you can get just having your B-spec drivers drive. EXP is the harder thing to get as you get so little of it after hitting 13. :|
Look more closely. Bspec xp and credits per minute data is provided.

Vaguely related... my bspec guys are now 20 laps ahead at Suzuka, and that's without any interaction from me. :lol

keyrat said:
Meh, it's fine to me. After 2 tries I was competing effectively.

Worse is how the headlights stop working on uphill portions; leaves me completely blind.
I have a silver, but I have to disagree (not about the headlights, they're pathetic), without putting assists on that thing is just horrible. Can't speak for driving it with a wheel though.

fu3lfr3nzy said:

The recommended path is to use the Furai for the A-spec Like the Wind, which nets you the Minolta, which you use for the B-spec Like the Wind, which nets you the Toyota 7, which you use for the Expert Historic Cup.

Goldrusher

weekend_warrior said:
The recommended path is to use the Furai for the A-spec Like the Wind, which nets you the Minolta, which you use for the B-spec Like the Wind, which nets you the Toyota 7, which you use for the Expert Historic Cup.
That is correct.

UFRA said:
:lol
I put 104,000 credits into my Ram. I call it the F1 Truck now because it rivals supercars. I caught up to a friend of mine in his McLaren F1 Stealth Car with my Ram. :lol
:lol I know the feeling. It took forever for a truck to appear at the used car lot, so I got the first thing that showed up...which was the ram.

She's too heavy in the ass for my liking, so I only used it for the truck events in both and b spec. If anybody wants to borrow it, feel free to ask. I'll be glad to save people the frustration of waiting for a shit truck to show up and then spend an unholy amount of credits into it, just for two crappy events.

SteelAttack said:
:lol I know the feeling. It took forever for a truck to appear at the used car lot, so I got the first thing that showed up...which was the ram.

She's too heavy in the ass for my liking, so I only used it for the truck events in both and b spec. If anybody wants to borrow it, feel free to ask. I'll be glad to save people the frustration of waiting for a shit truck to show up and then spend an unholy amount of credits into it, just for two crappy events.

ooh I wanna borrow it! my maxed out F-150 Lightning cant compete with stock trucks in B-Spec >_>

Stupid driver, I beat those trucks in A-Spec with a stock F-150 :lol

If you have the ZR-1 RM you can win Like the Wind with that. Also good for the A-Spec All Stars race. Won everything but Tokyo 246 in that event with the ZR-1 RM.

fu3lfr3nzy said:
ooh I wanna borrow it! my maxed out F-150 Lightning cant compete with stock trucks in B-Spec >_>

Stupid driver, I beat those trucks in A-Spec with a stock F-150 :lol
Sure. I'll PM you my PSN ID (although I think it is on my profile). Add me and I'll send it to you later today or tonight.

SmokyDave

Valkyr Junkie said:
Whadya mean "old?" They definitely changed fairly early into the phat's lifecycle.
Yup, they certainly did. My 2 are completely different. Looks like it's terminal.

test_account said:
If you go to 'System Settings' and choose 'Data Transfer Utility', then it is possible to transfer the content over to another PS3, even the locked save games. So if your PS3 is functioning besides the drive and if you have another PS3, there are still hope :) Sorry to hear that your PS3 disc drive died though :(
Nice, didn't realise that. I'll get myself a slim for Xmas.

bud

Psychotext said:

it really isn't and i'm playing with all assists off.
it is a pain in the ass to end up in first place, though.

Lawr.

Neo Member
Patrick Bateman said:
I always had the problem with Lambos that their tail easily slides away in curves.

Mid-engined cars that aren't Ferraris (in this game) will do that to you.

Add an aero kit to get some downforce on that sucker, and tweak the brake distro so that there's less braking done on the rear wheels. loosening up the suspension at the rear can also help.

Lawr.

Neo Member
spats said:

even though the saves are locked, can't they be "saved" using the backup utility? just connect two PS3s via an ethernet cable, no?

Edit: ooops, test_account already answered this. nothing to see here!

weekend_warrior said:

How easily were people winning like the wind with the furai? It wasn't easy for me winning at Indy with it, and I just ended up using a ZR1 RM for the road course at Daytona

mrklaw

MrArseFace
the_log_ride said:
How easily were people winning like the wind with the furai? It wasn't easy for me winning at Indy with it, and I just ended up using a ZR1 RM for the road course at Daytona
Same. That flow is the ideal 'no cost' flow, just using prize cars.

the_log_ride said:

If you are using ASM assist, your corner speeds on ovals is awful. Might be that. Always go zero assists for ovals. If you have a wheel, they should all be off all the time. Except ABS 1 since the brake pedal is insanely touchy in GT5, at least on my G27 it is.

kitch9

Banned
Psychotext said:
Asm, turn it on, with traction control.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Psychotext said:
Look more closely. Bspec xp and credits per minute data is provided

OMG. You're kidding me. I have to grind Lambo A-Spec for hours to reach level 17 so I can get decent EXP? Are you flipping kidding me? D:

the_log_ride said:

I found it pretty easy. Just fully tune the Furai and up the max speed to over 250mph. It just sticks to the road no matter how fast you're going.

UFRA

weekend_warrior said:
So he's saying we'll get slow motion but not rewind? :\

Maybe he meant that rewind and slow motion, etc. is coming, but not the ability to restart the replay after it's over.

Edit: Scratch that...reverse it.

Hopefully....his tweet was pretty short and sweet. Didn't exactly tell us much at all lol.

brentech

gutterboy44 said:
If you are using ASM assist, your corner speeds on ovals is awful. Might be that. Always go zero assists for ovals. If you have a wheel, they should all be off all the time. Except ABS 1 since the brake pedal is insanely touchy in GT5, at least on my G27 it is.
Yeah, if I change from ABS1 to 0 with DFGT it's basically an instant wheel lock.

gutterboy44 said:

I'm running with all assists off. I guess my top speed was dialed too low or high...

Top Bottom