• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

mrklaw

MrArseFace
tried the X1 challenge with Scarecrow Vettel (whats with his straw hair?). Completely impossible. First time round I crashed in the pit lane at Monza :p

So b-spec level 35 it is

dwebo said:
Monza was the only one I managed to bronze, and only by cutting across the chicanes :lol
Doesn't that get you disqualified? Or are you talking about cutting the chicanes in the same way that the example driver does?

dwebo

Psychotext said:
Doesn't that get you disqualified? Or are you talking about cutting the chicanes in the same way that the example driver does?
I was doing it a good deal more than the example driver IIRC and not getting disqualified. It's definitely less strict about penalties in the chicanes. Either way, it's still easy fractions of a second you can take over the ghost which you can't get on the other two tracks, both of which are much more technically demanding besides.

Monza is the only one I've been able to do too. I just don't recall cutting the chicanes as such and I'm wondering how much that would help on the road to gold.

dwebo

Hmm, worth a try I guess. It certainly felt like it made all the difference for me. Having to always slow down in the x1 was such a pain in the butt.

-viper-

Banned
Has anyone got the SuperGT NSX cars? I have the Epson NSX and it's handling is TERRIBLE. It always seems to spin out :/

I have installed all upgrades on the car and racing softs too.

Why the fuck does the AI insist on pitting after one lap? I cant leave him afk or else he'll pit and fuckin lose the first few minutes of the race.

WTF Polyphony *smh*

expy

Banned
fu3lfr3nzy said:
Why the fuck does the AI insist on pitting after one lap? I cant leave him afk or else he'll pit and fuckin lose the first few minutes of the race.

WTF Polyphony *smh*
Wrong tires perhaps?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
fu3lfr3nzy said:

WTF Polyphony *smh*
He thinks it's the wrong tyres. If it's raining and you put inters on, and he thinks it should be full wets, he'll pit to change. Only way to stop him is put wets on in the first place. It's stupid because my driver was only a couple of seconds slower on inters and could have managed well for a decent stint

fu3lfr3nzy said:

WTF Polyphony *smh*
because you have the wrong tires or your pit settings are wrong.

Fifth day searching, still no sign of the Formula GT.

I want to personally congratulate the guy who came up with the 30 used car cycles. :(

At least i took my time to grind some b-spec while the car doesn´t show up. Finished the 4 hour roadster enduro last night. Dididn´t liked, still think the dream car champioship is better for money and XP grinding.

Found the ´95 Eclipse GT, the 2003 spyder and the Eagle Talon Si. Since i already have the 2006 one, now my Eclipse collection is complete:D

I hope the patch hits sometime in the weekend. Can´t wait to see if it´s gonna be leaderboards only for GT Academy, or if it´s already Full leaderboards for every track and car.

paskowitz

Absoludacrous said:
I found the Rally really easy too.

AMG though...

Firewire said:
Golding AMG is a serious pain, but I love the challenge.

Really? I beat every event except for 1 by more than 3 seconds over the gold time. I thought the AMG was super easy. Also in Rally if you pick the wrong car, its very hard. To me the only challenges that were truly difficult was the Alfa 8C time trial and the rally time trial in the Euro tour.

expy said:
Wrong tires perhaps?

mrklaw said:
He thinks it's the wrong tyres. If it's raining and you put inters on, and he thinks it should be full wets, he'll pit to change. Only way to stop him is put wets on in the first place. It's stupid because my driver was only a couple of seconds slower on inters and could have managed well for a decent stint

theignoramus said:
because you have the wrong tires or your pit settings are wrong.

I'm trying to race SuperGT B-Spec in Suzuka(weather change). Its nice and sunnny outside(no signs of rain) and I'm equipping him racing soft the first time around.

Should I do hard>soft then?

Steroyd

mrklaw said:
tried the X1 challenge with Scarecrow Vettel (whats with his straw hair?). Completely impossible. First time round I crashed in the pit lane at Monza :p

So b-spec level 35 it is

It's insane, the first lap you're expected to get a fast time, then the next lap you're supposed to get about a minute or less the next lap.

When I first tried the X1 challenge, after 1 lap I was celebrating the fact that I had fully completed a full lap without disqualification and thought I was done, then realised I had to do another lap. :lol

Firewire

Banned
paskowitz said:
Really? I beat every event except for 1 by more than 3 seconds over the gold time. I thought the AMG was super easy. Also in Rally if you pick the wrong car, its very hard. To me the only challenges that were truly difficult was the Alfa 8C time trial and the rally time trial in the Euro tour.

I'm slightly off the gold times. I just don't like the damn car as she gets a little bit to testy around the rumble strips for my liking. Got all silvers so far on my first run's, but I haven't gone back for the golds yet.

expy

Banned
fu3lfr3nzy said:
I'm trying to race SuperGT B-Spec in Suzuka(weather change). Its nice and sunnny outside(no signs of rain) and I'm equipping him racing soft the first time around.

Should I do hard>soft then?
Suzuka, if I remember correctly, has wet roads but clear weather.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
expy said:
Suzuka, if I remember correctly, has wet roads but clear weather.
Yes, check for spray in rear view. Bloody annoying as you are left to guess.

What are people's pit strategies for longer b-spec races? I've stopped bothering with setting energy levels, just let each driver run til the tank is dry. Maybe use race hards instead of sorts to help them last. Sometimes they'll spin off the track but generally they are ok. And the longer stints help to destroy the competition

expy

Banned
mrklaw said:
Yes, check for spray in rear view. Bloody annoying as you are left to guess.

What are people's pit strategies for longer b-spec races? I've stopped bothering with setting energy levels, just let each driver run til the tank is dry. Maybe use race hards instead of sorts to help them last. Sometimes they'll spin off the track but generally they are ok. And the longer stints help to destroy the competition
You don't have to guess, before the race (in the screen where you get to tune your car, driving settings, and start race) you can see car's drive around the track and spray.

Pretty weak, I was just
doing the falling objects trophy
and I managed to take one of the doors of the rally car. Awesome I thought, gotta see that from cockpit view... except, the door isn't gone in cockpit view, it's replaced by an entirely black placeholder.

R8Iec.jpg

:(

I ditched Suzuka for now and raced in Fuji instead. My driver is almost out of strength, should I pit and swap out another driver or just drive 30 laps with this guy?

expy

Banned
fu3lfr3nzy said:
I ditched Suzuka for now and raced in Fuji instead. My driver is almost out of strength, should I pit and swap out another driver or just drive 30 laps with this guy?
Pit and swap, you should have a significant lead already.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Level 17 now. I just picked up a Ferrari 458 (after watching the Top Gear review for it :lol ) and that thing is SWEET. After upgrades it does about 670ish hp on a naturally aspirated engine that revs up to 10k.

Goldrusher

One of my drivers has been doing the Formula GT championship the whole day now. 6 races, 1 hour each.
He even managed the final lap of Nürburgring without fuel (80 kph max speed).

Aah!!! I fucked up. Stupid driver keeps wanting to pit every lap and I forgot to cancel the latest one and he pitted twice(basically I fuckin lost). And I only had 5 more laps to go. 45 mins wasted gg.

Fuck you B-Spec >_<

test_account

XP-39C²
Psychotext said:
Pretty weak, I was just
and I managed to take one of the doors of the rally car. Awesome I thought, gotta see that from cockpit view... except, the door isn't gone in cockpit view, it's replaced by an entirely black placeholder.

http://i.imgur.com/R8Iec.jpg

It must have been a random bug, i did this myself a few days ago and the door was definitely gone while looking from the cockpit view. I think that this is the first bug i have seen in GT5 by the way :)

The race itself is easy (my ZZII is miles ahead of the competition) but ever since I switched from Racing Hard to Racing Intermediate, Driver #2 keeps wanting to pit to change the tires I guess.

The automated system is stupid. I'm the fuckin director, I tell the driver what tires to use not his decision to wear the tires he likes. So annoying.

Dead Man

Goldrusher said:
One of my drivers has been doing the Formula GT championship the whole day now. 6 races, 1 hour each.
He even managed the final lap of Nürburgring without fuel (80 kph max speed).
What results did you get?

test_account said:
It must have been a random bug, i did this myself a few days ago and the door was definitely gone while looking from the cockpit view. I think that this is the first bug i have seen in GT5 by the way :)
Oddness.

fu3lfr3nzy said:
The automated system is stupid. I'm the fuckin director, I tell the driver what tires to use not his decision to wear the tires he likes. So annoying.
That's fine until suddenly he's in a 24 hour race and it starts raining... and you're asleep.

Not to sound like i troll, because i know that people hate when people say "you´re having trouble, OMG it´s so easy", but of all the events to complain, it surprises me that Alfa C8 at Eiger draw so much hate.

We´ve been playing Eiger since december of 2006, i thought everybody would be familiar with the track.

To me it´s not even the hardest one on the Grand Tour. (didn´t liked the Lambo race).

test_account said:
Wait, is that the right door by the way? I removed the left door, i havnt tried to remove the right door yet.
Yeah, that's the right hand door.

seattle6418 said:
Not to sound like i troll, because i know that people hate when people say "you´re having trouble, OMG it´s so easy", but of all the events to complain, it surprises me that Alfa C8 at Eiger draw so much hate.

We´ve been playing Eiger since december of 2006, i thought everybody would be familiar with the track.

To me it´s not even the hardest one on the Grand Tour. (didn´t liked the Lambo race).
FOAD!
Some of us didn't spend any significant time with the half arsed GT ;)

Come to my house and do the event for me. :lol

test_account

XP-39C²
Psychotext said:
Yeah, that's the right hand door.
Ok. I still think that it is a bug though. The car i was using was Citroën WCR 08 btw, not sure if it matter which rally car that is used though, but i'm just mentioning it anyway.

spats

Psychotext said:
Pretty weak, I was just

When I did the same thing, the door was definitely gone from the cockpit view.

Goldrusher

Dead Man said:
What results did you get?
I don't remember if you can buy stuff for the car, but with an oil change, max downforce and slightly higher than default top speed:

Indy: 1st
Nurburg: 1st
Monaco: 3rd (forgot to reduce top speed)
Fuji: 1st
Monza: 1st
Suzuka: ongoing, but looks like an easy win, it's raining and he's about to start lapping the competition on lap 7 (of 30)

test_account said:
Ok. I still think that it is a bug though. The car i was using was Citroën WCR 08 btw, not sure if it matter which rally car that is used though, but i'm just mentioning it anyway.
Yeah, that's the same car.

Dead Man

Goldrusher said:
I don't remember if you can buy stuff for the car, but with an oil change, max downforce and slightly higher than default top speed:

Indy: 1st
Nurburg: 1st
Monaco: 3rd (forgot to reduce top speed)
Fuji: 1st
Monza: 1st
Suzuka: ongoing, but looks like an easy win, it's raining and he's about to start lapping the competition on lap 7 (of 30)
Cool, I had no luck first go, but I have leveled up my guys a bit, I think I'll have another bash this weekend.

belvedere

Junior Butler
I've been slowing my pace in GT5 so I have more to do with the wheel, though I am tempted to start over completely when I finally get one.

I'm missing GT5 : (

Goldrusher

Dead Man said:
Cool, I had no luck first go, but I have leveled up my guys a bit, I think I'll have another bash this weekend.
I used a level 18 or 19 hot-headed driver.
No tuning except for max downforce and slightly more speed.

alterno69

Banned
belvedere said:
I've been slowing my pace in GT5 so I have more to do with the wheel, though I am tempted to start over completely when I finally get one.

I'm missing GT5 : (
Got my Force GT yesterday, damn is it awesome, first wheel i own and it's better than i expected.

Top Bottom