• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 set to release on November 2nd [S-CONF]

Status
Not open for further replies.

plainr_

Love these parts of the trailer:

c3nz7.jpg

3323qc0.jpg

2nm3m8w.jpg

That's just.... I mean... how the fuck have they managed that?

Look at how the low beams interact with the dust plume. Just incredible. What else can you say?

Build a dream collection from over 950 of the world's most exciting cars, from exotic imports to muscle cars and performance supercars, to customize, race, and upgrade.

Experience a wealth of racing styles and events, including road, rally, drift and NASCAR.

Expand the Gran Turismo experience with deep and robust online community features, and challenge friends in the new custom race lobby system for the ultimate track day.

The most advanced Gran Turismo yet, featuring unrivaled graphics and a true-to-life driving feel

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt5/

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
GT5+Stig (probably the A #1 Bastard Hard AI Driver in the History of History) + Night Time Rally.

Oh, I've missed you, fully complete GT Game.

THE:MILKMAN

LabouredSubterfuge said:
That's just.... I mean... how the fuck have they managed that?

Look at how the low beams interact with the dust plume. Just incredible. What else can you say?

PD have exclusive access to the super companion chip!:lol

The amazing thing is, we still know so little about the game......gonna take 'em 4.5 months just to list everything:D

nib95

Banned
iceatcs said:
Aye, I thought it was real clip from Top Gear programming, but actually it was GT5.

Yea, they nailed the cinematography and art direction. Same colour palette, filters and vignetting Top Gear use for the show. Polyphony really are masters of attention to detail.

Night racing looks pretty damn cool. Proceedings have a tendency to feel scary as all hell when you can barely see what's in front of you.

Some Q's that no one will be able to answer probably.
Will you be getting a co-driver for the rally events?
Which I guess would tie into the question of whether or not there will be proper point to point stages where that would be necessary?
Day/night cycle and night racing across all tracks or just for certain tracks/events?

op_ivy said:
No more bumper cars.

J-Rzez

This game is flat out incredible. Nothing else to say really. I mean, it's a car lover's dream. I tend to not spend money on crazy collector's editions like this usually, but this one will be mine.

We'll probably get a full run down on features at TGS or something. And this is still a few months away yet too. Which scares me, no more delays. I forgive you PD for what you've given us, Nov 2nd is it. That's it, no longer.

J-Rzez

offshore said:
How big is Top Gear in the USA? Some Americans might not know what it is.

It's getting around. If you're a car lover, you know about it basically. If you're not, you still might know about it stumbling across it when surfing the channels, and got hooked due to their crazy expeditions and stunts. :lol

We're getting a Top Gear America supposedly, and it will be rubbish more likely than not. You just can't match the chemistry of those three guys.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
J-Rzez said:
It's getting around. If you're a car lover, you know about it basically. If you're not, you still might know about it stumbling across it when surfing the channels, and got hooked due to their crazy expeditions and stunts. :lol

We're getting a Top Gear America supposedly, and it will be rubbish more likely than not. You just can't match the chemistry of those three guys.

Well, one of the hosts is Adam Ferrara, who's pretty funny. We'll see, I guess. Long as Leno doesn't show up every week...

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
J-Rzez said:

huh? Who is going to be Captain Slow? True, it's difficult to replicate those three, but no harm in trying though.

dofry said:
huh? Who is going to be Captain Slow? True, it's difficult to replicate those three, but no harm in trying though.

The people that they cast aren't anything like the UK hosts. One of them is Tanner Faust who's a professional driver. He's also a major GT fanboy.

satriales

J-Rzez said:
Wasn't it cancelled before it got to air?

-viper-

Banned
J-Rzez said:
Oh God.

Here comes another American bastardisation of another British programme.

Nothing beats the original. Just sayin'. (Well, probably except The Office) :p

Looked completely amazing, just wish there was some gameplay. Having Top Gear and Nascar implementation will be something, I'm really interested to see how they implement Nascar. I hate watching it, but the racing could be really interesting, although I wonder what the car limit will be (hopefully at least 24 for Nascar).

lunlunqq

WTF?!!?!?no one noticed that in this trailer, they showed the most beautiful car in human history for a split second????? i suck at GT but I will buy the game just for that car.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
chubigans said:
Aw, you're no fun. :p
You'll thank me when this thread isn't a total shitfest in 3 hours. :)

Seriously, this game.....

I need to go to the store, like, tomorrow, and preorder this.

lunlunqq said:
WTF?!!?!?no one noticed that in this trailer, they showed the most beautiful car in human history for a split second????? i suck at GT but I will buy the game just for that car.

I didn't see any Zonda's in the video.

torontoml said:
just a question about the evo crash, why is the damage on the opposite side of the car that hit the wall?

Don't think it's from the same crash tbh, they just edited them together. If you notice the car jumps out of the crash in a different angle.

lunlunqq

SolidSnakex said:
I didn't see any Zonda's in the video.

poor taste is poor taste....

The Maserati Granturismo MAN!!!!!!

I have a mass erection everytime I see a image of the car... I so want to have hot sex with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom