• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 set to release on November 2nd [S-CONF]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double H

Hot damn at the opening shot of the Toscana rally circuit where you can see clouds' shadows moving across the ground.

HYPED!

Firewire

Banned
TheThunder said:
trailer is nice and all but how many cars are gonna be in the game ? how many tracks ?

When are we finally gonna hear about the full features of GT5 ?

About 1,000 give or take and probably upwards of 70 tracks.

mr_nothin

Banned
Nascar damaged too!
:D

4jw1l2.png

TheThunder said:
trailer is nice and all but how many cars are gonna be in the game ? how many tracks ?

When are we finally gonna hear about the full features of GT5 ?

950+ cars
20 locations, 75+ tracks (that includes layouts)

Tideas said:
the Gulwing spoiler actually goes up and down as u brake and accelarate @_@

Even the PSP version does that.

Btw, you guys reading anything into the fact that the trailer ended with a Wind tunnel? Something that we've seen before?

I dunno about you... but I think we'll be able to test cars in wind tunnels :D

Tideas said:
the Gulwing spoiler actually goes up and down as u brake and accelarate @_@
Yep. And the SLR and a few other cars did that in GT4 too. As far as I know only Gran Turismo has ever animated this. It's called "attention to detail".

Superlative trailer and I'm sure there'll be plenty of info coming out over the next few days. The CE is attractive but hopefully it'll be no more than £75.

Niks

Metalmurphy said:
Btw, you guys reading anything into the fact that the trailer ended with a Wind tunnel? Something that we've seen before?

Yup seems like it.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
The direct feed trailer looked 10 times better than when I saw it on shitty g4 sd. Just wow.
Wish the Sony conference was shown on Spike HD as well instead of G4.

Omiee

Metalmurphy said:
That's really the only true omission... I don't think we're getting it. Maybe just some wet tracks. But everything else....

Damage - Check
deformation - check
Night racing - check
Day-night cycle - check
etc

is this for real is day night confirmed ..?

Firewire

Banned
Metalmurphy said:

I hope so, I hope I'm not reading to much into it but it gets me thinking about body parts and packages along with performance parts add on's.

Feathers

Metalmurphy said:

I would bust a nut if you could test car configurations in wind tunnels. Though maybe that's a bit too ambitious.

Metalmurphy said:
950+ cars
20 locations, 75+ tracks (that includes layouts)

As in reversed an all that ?

When is the media briefing, this game desperately needs a good clear feature list non of this speculating we've been having.

TheThunder said:
As in reversed an all that ?

When is the media briefing, this game desperately needs a good clear feature list non of this speculating we've been having.

Probably, but keep in mind GT doesn't allow you to play real tracks in reverse. So only the fictional ones would have that layout.

S. L.

Metalmurphy said:

i'm pretty sure thats a vacuum chamber for making carbon fiber parts

Man

Niks said:
GTPlanet died.
I wonder if we are not going to get a PS3 bundle?
They are going to bundle this harder than any PS3 game before it.
You don't need a confirmation to know this.

offshore

Niks said:
I wonder if we are not going to get a PS3 bundle?

There's still GamesCom and TGS to go. They're probably where we'd learn such things, and anything else PD want to show. Although as Man says^, it'll definitely get a bundle. It worked very well for GT3.

I just hope now weather makes it in. I've got my dream night-time rally stages with functioning headlights...all that's left is the rain :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom