• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 set to release on November 2nd [S-CONF]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ploid 3.0

Ashes1396 said:
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2010/03/04-citroen-survolt-live.jpg/IMG]

Yeah... no.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't mind owning one for free. It looks different enough from everything else. The look would grow on people around me.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Goldrusher said:
Slightly off-topic, but a few months ago, Citroën unveiled what looked like a baby version of the GT.
They now turned it into a fully functional car. And unlike it's big brother it's actually electric.

r1y9gj.jpg

More pics of the concept: http://green.autoblog.com/2010/03/02/geneva-2010-citroen-survolt-bridges-the-divide/

On the track, with video: http://www.autoblog.com/2010/07/06/citroen-survolt-takes-to-the-track-at-le-mans-classic-w-video/
Aah, it looks so happy ^_^

Ashes

Banned
I don't know how they are going to do it in MS3, but I've always wanted to able to walk round the festival area in Motorstorm 1 and 2. I don't know what we'd do there but if HOME could do something like that, I might just step into it just to have a look.
On topic, what is GT5 going to do in HOME?

Ashes1396 said:
I don't know how they are going to do it in MS3, but I've always wanted to able to walk round the festival area in Motorstorm 1 and 2. I don't know what we'd do there but if HOME could do something like that, I might just step into it just to have a look.
On topic, what is GT5 going to do in HOME?

Kaz talked about it a long time ago when Prologue was coming out. He hasn't said anything about a HOME area since then though.

You're going to be able to walk around in the photo mode areas in GT5.

Ashes1396 said:

In HOME you can already walk around the aircraft carrier from Motorstorm 2. At least, you could (in the Euro version). I've not been on HOME recently so I'm not sure if that area is still there.

So what are the chances of the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport making it to GT5? (methinks it'll be post-launch DLC)

Given Kaz's attention to detail, its not a mere livery change and hp bump from the current Premium Veyron model that they have.

The color is atrocious though. Reminds me of a GT3 RS :lol

wheels-Bugatti-Super-Sport-record-blogSpan.jpg

997%20GT3%20RS_3.jpg

Looks good on a Porsche, not on a Bugatti -_-

KingDizzi

Banned
fu3lfr3nzy said:
So what are the chances of the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport making it to GT5? (methinks it'll be post-launch DLC)

Given Kaz's attention to detail, its not a mere livery change and hp bump from the current Premium Veyron model that they have.

The color is atrocious though. Reminds me of a GT3 RS :lol

wheels-Bugatti-Super-Sport-record-blogSpan.jpg

997%20GT3%20RS_3.jpg

Looks good on a Porsche, not on a Bugatti -_-

Yikes those got hit with the ugly stick. It will be mighty interesting to see how much post launch support this game gets, were I to guess the whole of PD will support the game with DLC and tracks for the first 6 months and after that only a small team will while the rest move onto GT6.

-viper-

Banned
KingDizzi said:
Yikes those got hit with the ugly stick. It will be mighty interesting to see how much post launch support this game gets, were I to guess the whole of PD will support the game with DLC and tracks for the first 6 months and after that only a small team will while the rest move onto GT6.
At least the car modelling team will be useful for both GT5 and GT6 since its not going to take any resources away for the latter game. Anything they model can be released as DLC.

Aginor

Neo Member
Stunning it looks but vastly overpriced and mechanically not enough to warrant the exhorbitant price increase over a run of the mill 997 .

InsanezX2

Rapping Granny said:
Because it's the same looking car 10 years ago, except IT HAS A BIGGER SPOILERZ NAO!
That particular 911 is supposed to be a throwback to the great 911s of the past several decades. It has styling cues of the older cars for a reason.

Ashes

Banned
BritBloke916 said:
In HOME you can already walk around the aircraft carrier from Motorstorm 2. At least, you could (in the Euro version). I've not been on HOME recently so I'm not sure if that area is still there.

I think I'll go ahead and check that out. Cheers.

I'm not sure if I should say this, for if they would fix this the game would be delayed another year, but:

What annoys me in every game that has cars in it, is that when a car is driving really slowly, and the driver turns the car around entirely, he just keeps both hands on the steering wheel and turns it about 120 degrees. In real life, one has to turn the wheel maybe to 300 degrees to get the wheels to the end of their range.

The only game ever to get this right is, strangely enough, Grand Theft Auto IV. When driving quickly, Niko barely has to steer, when driving slowly, he turns the wheel around while letting go and grabbing on again.

The "Halloween" Porsche is actually not bad in person. I've seen several driving around in SoCal and the orange wheels/body panels dont strike out as much in motion as opposed to a still photo.

Then again, I dont hate Porsches so the orange finish doesnt bother me :p

I just hope the 997 RUF RGT makes it in the game. Its the closest to a GT3 RS I'll get in GT5 :lol
800px-Ruf_RGT_2007.jpg

A more sensible color since I'm guessing the green color above will receive criticism :p
0704_ec_17_z+essen_motor_show+RUF_RGT_rear_view.jpg

RGT-8 and CTR3 too please!

paskowitz

There is only 1 Porsche that needs to be in GT5.

917.jpg

Why...

from Wikipedia: "The Porsche 917 is a racecar that gave Porsche its first overall wins at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1970 and 1971. Powered by the Type 912 flat-12 engine of 4.5, 4.9, or 5 litres, the 917/30 variant was capable of a 0-62 mph (100 km/h) time of 2.3 seconds, 0–124 mph (200 km/h) in 5.3 seconds, and a top speed of over 240 mph (390 km/h).

There are 6 variants of the 917. The least-powered version is the 917K (the most successful), produces around 620 bhp. There is also a long-tail version (917LH), a "pig" version, modified 917K with the 908 rear spoilers and the 917/30. In the 1973 Can-Am series, the turbocharged version Porsche 917/30 developed over 1,100 bhp (820 kW), and as much as 1,580 bhp (1,180 kW) in qualifying tune.

The 917 is one of the most iconic sports racing cars of all time, largely for its high speeds and high power outputs, and was made into a movie star by Steve McQueen in his 1971 film Le Mans.

2009 marked the 40th anniversary of the 917, and Porsche held a special birthday celebration at the Goodwood Festival of Speed (3–5 July)."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom