• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 set to release on November 2nd [S-CONF]

Status
Not open for further replies.

-viper-

Banned
KingDizzi said:
There was a photo of the PD studio with the G27 box so it's pretty much a certainty. Really want to get that wheel but it's just too much. :(

Edit - Overclockers has it for £220, time to leech off daddy and place an order.
Don't worry I will pay him back in 4 years when I'm charging patients £400 for a root canal :p
I can afford the G27 but it just seems like ridiculous money to spend on a video game peripheral.

I'm waiting for a price drop ala Play.com G25 @ £99.99. Even if it goes down to £150 I'd be happy to buy it. But £220? Eurgh.

Senua

Gold Member
Is this a sign? PLEASE GOD

porschegt51.jpg

Nope, GT sponsors many races so you see stickers on different cars. There have been GT stickers on Porsche's since the late 90's. EA has the exclusive license for Porsche and Criterion has already confirmed on their Twitter that Porsche will be exclusive to NFS.

Eliciel

Goldrusher said:
Logitech Driving Force GT
~€100-125

The official wheel. Great price-quality. Great wheel for the average gamer.

41CPVOMhJYL._SL290.jpg
41s8X5EWE5L._SL284_.jpg

Logitech G25 or G27
~€200-250

The bigger brother. The sim racer's favorite.

41s6CPn0pqL._SL700_.jpg

Fanatec Porsche GT3
~€300-350

The elite wheel. The pic doesn't show a stick shifter, but it's an optional accessory.

22m0bk.jpg

Has anyone tested the Logitech Driving Force GT? I am really considering buying it but I am not very comfortable with the price..so it should be very good :/

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Metalmurphy said:
That's real life...

Or is it just fantasy?

Shame about Porshe not being in GT. But I can't really say I'm a Porshe fan so... :lol

alba

Little is the new Big
There has been lots of Porsches with that GT-branded windshield, it's no indications at all sadly :(

voady said:
Has anyone tested the Logitech Driving Force GT? I am really considering buying it but I am not very comfortable with the price..so it should be very good :/

It's a very good wheel. The FFB is near the level of a G25/G27. The downside is that the build quality isn't as high as those wheels (as you'd expect). That's not to say that they're cheap and that they'll break easily though.

It's also the official wheel and the wheel that Polyphony has hooked up to their testing station.

Chittagong

Gold Member
voady said:

Just got it and absolutely love it. The build quality is amazing as is the FF. Pedals are a bit plasticky but work still well.

Essential purchase with this wheel is the Wheelstand Pro. Best accessory ever. Now I can play from my low sofa just as if I was sitting on a car seat.

Senua

Gold Member
Chittagong said:
Just got it and absolutely love it. The build quality is amazing as is the FF. Pedals are a bit plasticky but work still well.

Essential purchase with this wheel is the Wheelstand Pro. Best accessory ever. Now I can play from my low sofa just as if I was sitting on a car seat.
i'm not paying that much for some metal poles screwed together, my desk will do fine thanks

Gafapastismo said:
Amazing physics

263kbw3.jpg
Watching this footage that Honda should be...'updated'...

Has this been confirmed to be in GT5? (2010 Honda HSV-10 Super GT500 class)

15_m.jpg

I'm totally ok with it having to be additional DLC if it doesn't make GT5's release =)

GamePnoy74 said:
Watching this footage that Honda should be...'updated'...

Has this been confirmed to be in GT5? (2010 Honda HSV-10 Super GT500 class)

[]http://www.honda.co.jp/SuperGT/spcontents2010/HSV-010GT-gallery2/10/images/15_m.jpg[/]

I'm totally ok with it having to be additional DLC if it doesn't make GT5's release =)

If PD starts updating to/adding premium cars through DLC I'll be extremely pissed.

Cause I'll be buying every single one of them and I don't wanna spend that kinda money

Melfice7

Metalmurphy said:
If PD starts updating to/adding premium cars through DLC I'll be extremely pissed.

lets hope they premiumfy (wtf) the standard cars with free dlc, already doing the work for gt6

Metalmurphy said:

Cause I'll be buying every single one of them and I don't wanna spend that kinda money
I guess the term 'DLC' generally infers '$$$$' in a way, but I'm trying to say it being available as some type of download/add-on/update/etc if it doesn't make GT5's release (free or otherwise...free would be great though =).

InsanezX2

GamePnoy74 said:
I guess the term 'DLC' generally infers '$$$$' in a way, but I'm trying to say it being available as some type of download/add-on/update/etc if it doesn't make GT5's release (free or otherwise...free would be great though =).

I hope they continue to do what they did with GT5 Prologue and keep the game updates free but charge for the extra stuff not directly related to the game like the GT-TV.

jonnyp

Metalmurphy said:

I think that's pretty much a given.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Damn, GT5 looks almost like reality. :lol

Insertia said:
Tried to play Forza 3 to hold me over till Gran Turismo 5. It's just not the same.

You're right, two different games. I say if you want a true sim racer go for Iracing for PC, but you wont since you're just trying to get a rise out of someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom