• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 set to release on November 2nd [S-CONF]

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkwing

Melfice7 said:
mission complete
33bg8m1.jpg
:lol

zoukka

ULTROS! said:
Damn, GT5 looks almost like reality. :lol

Yes in small gifs with everything but the car heavily blurred.

But yeah the cars look real enough. No need to improve on the models themselves next-gen. Just the lighting, physics and deform.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Fender_Uk said:
i'm not paying that much for some metal poles screwed together, my desk will do fine thanks

lots of people 'make do' with ironing boards, computer desks etc. If you're using something that isn't sturdy, you can't relax and use the wheel properly, you end up holding the wheel onto the table as much as using it to steer with. If you've spent hundreds on a wheel, its not a stretch to spend a little more to make proper use of it.

Ploid 3.0

Lagspike_exe said:
Wait, is that RL or from a trailer?

I'm laughing here, after the gt sticker picture confusion I'm now thinking if this is rl or GT5 but don't want to be the one to ask. I haven't been up to date on the latest GT5 trailers so I have no idea. It's a small gif so it can make it harder to tell.

zoukka

Ploid 3.0 said:
I'm laughing here, after the gt sticker picture confusion I'm now thinking if this is rl or GT5 but don't want to be the one to ask. I haven't been up to date on the latest GT5 trailers so I have no idea. It's a small gif so it can make it harder to tell.

Just look at the smoke.

slamskank

TylerD said:
Yes, I have a WSP that I use with my G25. It is a bit pricey but IMO is very worth it. It is built very well and can be setup in a snap. It is also very adjustable and comes with all the tools necessary to be able to adjust it to fit you. It does wiggle just a bit based on the design but it will come no where near tipping over with "sane" use. The only major drawback is that you have to kind of work around the bar to get to the peddles but it took me all of a couple hours to get very comfortable with it.

In this episode of Inside Sim Racing they have a review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M5gQIKkYYA

If you order it in the US it will ship out of Dallas, TX. I was able to call the gentleman and ask him a couple of questions and directly place my order. He followed up with me a couple of days later to ask me how I liked it and if there were any issues. All around a great product and experience purchasing and I can't recommend it enough for someone that wants to have a dedicated sim rig that can easily be moved around.
Cool. I ordered the Deluxe G25/G27 version and it's in the mail. Can't wait, thanks for the input.

mbmonk

saladine1 said:
My mind, is also blown!

So, who's going to troll this thread now that Che has left T10?
ezjx2q.jpg

RIP 2006-2010

Thank you god!

Who could Turn 10 hire from the gaming media that could be almost annoying a Che? Since 1up has been picked dry, I don't know who they could hire to be Che's equivalent. Oh... I got maybe they could get Scooter "Hamburgers" Nguyen.

I bought the DFGT wheel. It's pretty good, coming from a first time wheel owner. I really enjoy using it. It wigs out at times so I need to get it replaced while it's under warranty.

mbmonk said:
Thank you god!

Who could Turn 10 hire from the gaming media that could be almost annoying a Che? Since 1up has been picked dry, I don't know who they could hire to be Che's equivalent. Oh... I got maybe they could get Scooter "Hamburgers" Nguyen.

Isn't Jube3 a CM for T10?

TylerD

Diablohead said:
I am starting to think people say that for a joke now, seriously :lol

I knew it wasn't GT because there is a Porsche in the picture. If not for the Porsche, I would have probably been fooled for a while.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Good to see that even after my departure, I can still occupy the GT5 thread. :lol

Edit: Saw that animated GIF of the JGTC cars. Wow.

chespace said:
Something that bothers me a bit about Gran Turismo (which I haven't seen discussed) is that even with their intense attention to detail, they evidently still haven't squashed that awful animation that occurs when one of the front wheels rolls over the rumble strips. It's as if every car in the game has the most exaggerated bump-steer imaginable. It's very apparent at one point in the 458 trailer, and the JGTC NSX exhibits it in that video/gif. Pay close attention to the front wheel and you'll see what I'm talking about. It doesn't seem to have any real effect on handling (it happens in GT5P), so it boggles my mind as to why it happens and why the tire modeling seems to be so off in this regard.

263kbw3.jpg

When it rides the curbs, the front tire quickly steers back and forth as it bounces along. This happens with absolutely no steering input from the player.

And in the 458 trailer, at the scene beginning around 1:18:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TXpXclylWg#t=1m18s

Note that they cut the next scene right before the wheel in the shot hits the curbs.

You can also see in the shot at 1:41 on the Nurburgring that the outside wheel is also affected if you pay careful attention to the outside tire during the half second or so that the inside tire rides the curb there.

Maybe I'm being too anal, but this has always bothered me and I haven't seen any discussion about it anywhere. I wish PD would find the cause of the wheel's erratic change in yaw and fix it.

Actually, you know what? This just came to me... just a theory. Perhaps this is the only way they've conceived to send the kind of force feedback to the steering wheel to cause the sensation of vibration over the rumble strip... very quick sharp changes in steering direction with little effect on the actual trajectory of the car. If that's the case... argh, find a better way PD!

Ploid 3.0

chespace said:
Good to see that even after my departure, I can still occupy the GT5 thread. :lol

It's because you are finally gone, this is great news for the GT community. A ding dong the witch is dead kind of celebration can't be held back. The last time your strategically placed words will derail a GT thread.

Che gets more hate than he deserves. IIRC, he actually helped GAF last year by giving impressions of the SLS AMG Demo(or was it the FT-86) at Gamescon or TGS (or some other even with a GT5 booth) when no one else did.

And some of his comments are hilarious(albeit partial trolling). "More cockpits than there are days in a year?" :lol :lol :lol *high five*

Even if he's no longer a T10 CM, he's still a GAF user so he's still free to comment whenever he feels like it :p

fu3lfr3nzy said:
Che gets more hate than he deserves. IIRC, he actually helped GAF last year by giving impressions of the SLS AMG Demo(or was it the FT-86) at Gamescon or TGS (or some other even with a GT5 booth) when no one else did.

And some of his comments are hilarious(albeit partial trolling). "More cockpits than there are days in a year?" :lol :lol :lol *high five*

Even if he's no longer a T10 CM, he's still a GAF user so he's still free to comment whenever he feels like it :p

Che was a troll long before being a T10 CM.

Yoritomo

Ploid 3.0 said:
It's because you are finally gone, this is great news for the GT community. A ding dong the witch is dead kind of celebration can't be held back. The last time your strategically placed words will derail a GT thread.

All he had to do was say "hi" in a GT thread and people would be up in arms. :lol

The pretender to the throne must die!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom