• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

Mobius 1

It's possible, but I wouldn't expect much. Maybe bug fixing and minor tweaking.

I think any new content will come later in a possible GT:4K Concept or so for the PS4... and eventually GT6.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It's possible, but I wouldn't expect much. Maybe bug fixing and minor tweaking.

Maybe they'll fix that save corrupting glitch 1.09 or 1.10 brought? Having to downgrade to fix it is reason why I haven't updated to the latest version yet.

(And I'm sitting here hovering over car pack 1 but I just can't justify spending $7 for a few cars)

amar212

It was bound to happen, and why I wished cfw ps3s remained offline.

Oh well, who races in open lobbies anyway.

I try, most of the times without sucess.

My friends are usually not online when i an, so private lobbies rarely work.

The official Matchmaking with pre-determined requisites are desperately needed.

3 tiers, 15 races, bi-weekly rhythm. As it was in Prologue.

I would play GT5 every day for an hour at least.

ibli4tAlGGopUE.gif

Archon473

Finished the entire Seasonal Event (and Madrid Reverse twice) in an hour and couldn't spend my money fast enough. Eifel Circuit feels like a track out of F-Zero. I hope this event doesn't close anytime soon because I cannot drive my CLK Touring car enough.

godly.

So, nothing on GT or Kaz being present at the PS event?

Nope. But for the most part everyone is quiet right now. Evolution is the only one that's made any noise. But this gives me hope

“Kazanori seems to have started talking about, so I won’t be surprised to hear more about their plans, our plans, on future Gran Turismo rather soon,” he said.

http://www.vg247.com/2012/08/15/next-gen-gran-turismo-details-soon-says-yoshida/

That was in August. So, of course this is soon in Gran Turismo time. :p But this is a huge event for Sony and it doesn't get any bigger than GT for them. It's also been at the unveiling of the PS2 and PS3.

If GT isn't there i'll be disappointed with the conference no matter what. They can announce all the exclusives that they want, but no GT is an instant disappointment.

I don't see two Sony racing games showing up at this event, with Evolution and other people all but confirming their game will be there GT6 will be a no show. It will make its grand entrance at Gamescom.

Niks

If GT isn't there i'll be disappointed with the conference no matter what. They can announce all the exclusives that they want, but no GT is an instant disappointment.

Common Sony... just show it.. what are you guys doing.... just sho.. just show the game.. please?

Wax Free Vanilla said:
I don't see two Sony racing games showing up at this event, with Evolution and other people all but confirming their game will be there GT6 will be a no show. It will make its grand entrance at Gamescom.

Not showing your best selling first party title at your system launch event would be a bit silly no?

I expect a GT vision type trailer. Nothing too fancy, but GT has got to be there in some form.
I hope

Exactly how i feel. It has to be there.

Evolution can show their Ridge Racer some other time. I don't think it's a problem to show two racers when you have billions of shooters and sports games in those events. Why not two good racing games?

They just have to be good games.

GT6 in march of 2014. Don't let me down Yamauchi :)

dubc35

Amar already said we've seen GT6. Is everyone looking for a trailer? Formal announcement? Release date and system are the most important to me. PS4, which is my assumption, means no buy from me.

Not showing your best selling first party title at your system launch event would be a bit silly no?

Ask the poor Vita :(

If this Evolution game is the biggest racing game for 10 years or whatever that garbage was in the rumour, they'd want to make a lasting impression with no other racing game to take the edge off it.

I'm not expecting to see GT6 there.

Ask the poor Vita :(

If this Evolution game is the biggest racing game for 10 years or whatever that garbage was in the rumour, they'd want to make a lasting impression with no other racing game to take the edge off it.

I'm not expecting to see GT6 there.

I think that there are two ways for them to get around this.

1.) Show GT6 and Evolution's new racer there.

2.) Announce that Evolution's racer will be available at launch and will include the only way to play Gran Turismo 6 Concept, the demo (like GTHD Concept) for GT6.

Or

Don't call it GT6 when it's unveiled. Just say "Polyphony has been hard at work on the next entry in the Gran Turismo series and would like to give you a sneak peak at what to expect". Then roll Vision GT 2.0 footage.

They can't hide GT. This isn't Uncharted. They can either show it and have people raving about how it looks or they don't show it and have people asking them where the hell it is. Evolution's racer can still be the biggest racer to come out in Europe in a decade without them having to hide GT. And in the end one is a sim racer while the other will likely be an over the top arcade racer. And one will likely be there at launch while the other won't. Evo's game will get its time in the sun even if GT is there.

amar212

Cross-generation GT game within PS4 launch-window would be simply amazing thing to happen.

I do not have information, this is my pure speculation.

But sales.. sales of such title would be beyond imaginable.

I have no problem with a cross-gen title as long as it doesn't weigh down the PS4 version in any way. But I think that it likely would for something like GT. We know all the issues that PD had with the PS3. That should be a thing of the past with the PS4. It'd probably be a headache having something work so well on the PS4 only to realize how poorly it's running on the PS3.

I've noticed that Kaz hasn't updated his twitter account in a month. The last updates were about the Corvette and NSX trailers. Hopefully that's because they're gearing up for this event.

Niks

Sales for the game would be good but, sony needs to push hardware. Why buy a ps4 for the game if I can play the same content on the ps3? I can also picture online compatibility issues.

I guess it would come down to the advantages the PS4 version would have over the PS3 version...

amar212

3rd maintenance in the 7 days.

http://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/d59112.html

This time on 19th and this time a dawn-timer (european timezone), with strict notion about "During the maintenance, it will not be possible to connect to any of the online services."

Unlike maintenance from 12th and 14th, this time the server will be fully-down, as it is prior to updates.

And only 20 hours before 20th Feb conference starting.

Interesting.

amar212

Apparently - and unfortunately - it is only 2.11 update with some bug-fixes and such. No new content.

SpartanUK on GTP:

SpartanUK said:
I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but I hate when people's expectations are not met, so here you go: the maintenance of the 19th is for Update 2.11 (but it will contain only bug fixes and improvements, no new content.)

He was trustworthy source so far regarding content of the updates.

paskowitz

Cross-generation GT game within PS4 launch-window would be simply amazing thing to happen.

I do not have information, this is my pure speculation.

But sales.. sales of such title would be beyond imaginable.

Just have the PS4 version locked at 1080p, 60fps and >4xAA. Maybe 24 cars on screen.

PS3 version would just be like GT5 with more content and a better structure.

I am ok with this.

paskowitz

This so much. Or even more, and online too.

Based on the computing power leap from the PS3 to the PS4 it is not too much to expect. GT4 had 8. GT5 has 16. GT6 having 32 would probably be a stretch but I think an 8 car increase is not unreasonable. Especially if they can use some good LOD scaling. If you had 24 cars on screen the 20-24th cars would be pretty far away and would not have to be rendered at max detail.

I would like to see a system that allows for a theoretically high number in a race you just cannot see them all at once on screen. Having 100+ Nurb 24hr race would be epic. This would not work for online (100+ connections... PD... lol). But for SP it would still be great. Cars 1-24 are rendered at all times but cars 25-100+ are invisible ghosts during gameplay. As you move within the track, the cars that are ghosts are determined by your relative position to them. So you go from position 25/100 to 24/100, the rendered cars change to the 13 cars positionally in front of you and the 10 cars positionally behind you. The Ai and actual data is still calculated for all the cars though.

When you go to the replay this data can be accessed. So if you want to watch an AI race that was happening 40 positions from you, you can.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Amar already said we've seen GT6. Is everyone looking for a trailer? Formal announcement? Release date and system are the most important to me. PS4, which is my assumption, means no buy from me.

So you want GT6 to be on a platform they could barely get the previous game running on properly? I don't get that :s

Watevaman

Yeah I loved being able to be pretty much anywhere on the track with someone to fight for position. With 16 cars most tracks feel empty.

Niks

Meh, most of the time we had trouble making it to 16 on the NRL...
and when we did, network issues were the norm, and you want 24? lulz

If they add more cars then great, but its certainly not on my list of things GT6 should include. I rather they improved textures and shadows and added AA, than more cars tbh.

Also its very likely PD will up the polygon count for cars for GT6.

Meh, most of the time we had trouble making it to 16 on the NRL...
and when we did, network issues were the norm, and you want 24? lulz

If they add more cars then great, but its certainly not on my list of things GT6 should include. I rather they improved textures and shadows and added AA, than more cars tbh.

Also its very likely PD will up the polygon count for cars for GT6.

Just because GT5 had network issues doesn't mean GT6 will have them. I mean, we do have games already with a hell of alot more then 24 cars online.

Polygon count doesn't mean much too if you have a proper dynamic LOD system, and I don't think we'll be seing cars much more detailed then what we already have in Photo Travel.

As for the NRL... we'll expand :p

Top Bottom