• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

Also, it seems like Kaz has gone from France to Italy as he was meeting with Ferrari yesterday. Going to be real interesting to see what he's been cooking up.

Needs moar Ferrari. Too many road cars to even make a list, and how about any of Schumachers 5 WDC winning cars, eh?

8GB GDDR5
8-core processor
dedicated streaming hardware and software
stereo camera with head-tracking

Gran Turismo 6 will look... good.

I can't wait. Drive Club looked great, and I do hope they incorporate some of that "First Person" stuff into GT6.

I totally want to be able to buy my own garage, and place my favorite cars around it, and walk around, get in, rev shit, etc.

Niks

8GB GDDR5
8-core processor
dedicated streaming hardware and software
stereo camera with head-tracking

Gran Turismo 6 will look... good.

Yeah no doubt. The streaming option is a godsend, GAF will take advantage of this.

On a more technical note,
What does 8gb of GDDR5 ram means for a game like GT?

Yeah no doubt. The streaming option is a godsend, GAF will take advantage of this.

ALOT. No more headtracking just in arcade mode, or no pit crews in other modes, etc. Also they can use it for background loading to minimize load times.

Niks

New screen leaked featuring GT6!

B0RgnOL.jpg

;)

LOL @ the fourth comment. :p

I posted that Yoshida comment on GTplanet and PM'd the comment to Jordan to see if we can get a translation for what he's saying.

As KY stated [at PS4 launch] ... 'It's like a blank canvas' ...

Better Physics/AI/Weather effects, Increased Opponents, Better Lighting [as I notice only the cars immediately surrounding you cast proper headlights when racing around the 'Ring in pitch black conditions], the list is almost endless ...

Double H

Yoshida answering a question about GT on the PS4

http://www.4gamer.net/games/990/G999024/20130222042/
Some alternative GT related answers from Yoshida. The interview's structure is the same so I'm guessing it's from the same session:

記者:日本ということで言えば、今回ドライビングゲームとしてフィーチャーされたのは「DRIVE CLUB」でした。日本には「GRAN TURISMO」シリーズがあるのですが、今回の発表会で山内氏はスポットでムービー出演していただけでしたが?

吉田修平氏: 山内さんもポリフォニー・デジタルのメンバーも、PS4の開発そのものに関わっているんです。WorldWide Studiosがいろいろ意見を出したりしながら作ってきたりしているので、そういう意味でもPS4について(発表会で)語ってました。

では「『GRAN TURISMO』は?」ということでは、「GT5」以降なにも出てないですよね? そのうち彼(山内氏)の口から、次の「GRAN TURISMO」について明らかにされると思います。

http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20130222_588961.html

I'm getting ready to start the 24H of Nurburgring now, since it's the last race I haven't gotten a Gold on, due to the level restriction. I would have probably given up if it wasn't for that.

Oh, digital achievements.

Polyphony

So did anyone try that X2010 exploit? Apparently if you run the car with negative PP points (not sure how), the PP adjustment factor will give you over 20 million credits and a huge amount of XP points. Someone reported on GTP that you level from 0 to 33 in 1 race.

I think you need a hacked ps3, but can share the modified cars with non hacked players, I've not looked into it or seen it online yet.

Works on any PS3 system.

The encryption on save game data has been bypassed, this gives the user (when using the correct software) the ability to use any GT5 save, inject game genie codes, edit credit balance, Spec rating, garage content, etc. I think some Russian homebrew developer is making an easy to use GT5 editor which will unleash all of this onto the masses.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
:lol Then the German touring car championships is a total joke. No tuning, just pick a car and win. Someone should test these events out before they post them.

So with it being all but confirmed that GT6 is a PS3 title, what type of changes and additions are you expecting to be made?

Changes:

- Standard cars out. I don't mind them, but I think the backlash was enough to make PD not go down that road again

- A-Spec dumped and completely reimagined

- B-Spec either cut or revamped heavily

- UI out the door, obviously. Something much more elegant and accessible

- Anti-aliasing form (4xMSAA) dumped in favor of FXAA or MLAA. This is actually really important since I believe that MSAA eats up a lot of memory on the PS3. GT5 is one of the rare titles that even supports 4xMSAA

- Course creator is now much deeper

- Kart racing no longer feels tacked on. I believe Kaz said that this was actually initially meant to be a GT6 addition, but it was added because Yoshida mentioned it in an interview

- Weather and time of day now available on all tracks instead of select tracks

- Paint chips out. Livery editor in

- No more glitching needed to take interior shots

- Online heavily revamped

Additions:

- Premium car count raised to 500-600

- Track count raised from 27 to 40-50. Not including variations

- New official racing series added. This time fully functional instead of in name only

- At least one or two car manufacturers that have never been part of the series before

- Some type of new mode that no one was expecting

- Female drivers

- Bikes. This one is controversial as I know some fans don't want to see bikes entering the series. But we know that it's a goal because they were in GTHD. And Kaz has said that they have bikes up and running on GT5's engine

- Some sort of open world element. Kaz floated this as an idea that he had for GT5

- Leaderboards. Feature set similar to Autolog

- Pit areas return

I expect it to be the most feature packed racing game ever created by quite a margin. It's essentially going to been built over the course of 7 years. Something that we've never seen before from PD, and we've seen what they've done in terms of content when they were given 4 years (GT4).

So with it being all but confirmed that GT6 is a PS3 title, what type of changes and additions are you expecting to be made?

I'm expecting a big fat I told you so GIF. Gotta find a good one!

Also, FXAA? God no. Why do you want to smear the screen?

GT5 IQ is perfect the way it is, the jaggies you see are not realated to the lack of anti-aliasing methods.

Why release GT6 on PS3 when PS4 is coming by christmas time? the timing seemed to be perfect to release a launch title Gran Turismo that wotked great both as a sim and also a showcase of the PS4's technical prowess like GT3 and PS2! i still think he meant this year on PS4.

Dead Man

Changes:

- Standard cars out. I don't mind them, but I think the backlash was enough to make PD not go down that road again

- A-Spec dumped and completely reimagined

- B-Spec either cut or revamped heavily

- UI out the door, obviously. Something much more elegant and accessible

- Anti-aliasing form (4xMSAA) dumped in favor of FXAA or MLAA. This is actually really important since I believe that MSAA eats up a lot of memory on the PS3. GT5 is one of the rare titles that even supports 4xMSAA

- Course creator is now much deeper

- Kart racing no longer feels tacked on. I believe Kaz said that this was actually initially meant to be a GT6 addition, but it was added because Yoshida mentioned it in an interview

- Weather and time of day now available on all tracks instead of select tracks

- Paint chips out. Livery editor in

- No more glitching needed to take interior shots

- Online heavily revamped

Additions:

- Premium car count raised to 500-600

- Track count raised from 27 to 40-50. Not including variations

- New official racing series added. This time fully functional instead of in name only

- At least one or two car manufacturers that have never been part of the series before

- Some type of new mode that no one was expecting

- Female drivers

- Bikes. This one is controversial as I know some fans don't want to see bikes entering the series. But we know that it's a goal because they were in GTHD. And Kaz has said that they have bikes up and running on GT5's engine

- Some sort of open world element. Kaz floated this as an idea that he had for GT5

- Leaderboards. Feature set similar to Autolog

- Pit areas return

I expect it to be the most feature packed racing game ever created by quite a margin. It's essentially going to been built over the course of 7 years. Something that we've never seen before from PD, and we've seen what they've done in terms of content when they were given 4 years (GT4).

I don't think we will get any of that. We will get a different ui, not sure if it will actually be improved, more photo locations, probably 100 more premiums, maybe no standards but now that they have a default cockpit I can see them leaving them. 1-2 and 3-4 were not radical changes, they just increased content mainly. A livery editor is a dream.

I don't think we will get any of that. We will get a different ui, not sure if it will actually be improved, more photo locations, probably 100 more premiums, maybe no standards but now that they have a default cockpit I can see them leaving them. 1-2 and 3-4 were not radical changes, they just increased content mainly. A livery editor is a dream.

I'm expecting GT6 to have radical changes because I don't think that GT5 was anywhere close to being what Kaz wanted it to be. After it was completed he said that he would've preferred to have an additional two years to finish it. That two years will have been upgraded to three years for GT6. GT6 was in development before GT5 finished. So i'm expecting big changes. He's mentioned that there were things that they building during GT5 that just didn't make the cut. And one of those was a livery editor.

I'm expecting a new GT trailer next week for the new Ferrari.

Imola will make its first GT appearance, and that will also confirm the weather widget tracks are definitely coming to GT6...

So, this is probably a stupid question but what does the license tests do? Are they only for B-Spec or something? I've only played A spec so far and they don't seem to do anything.

Dead Man

I'm expecting GT6 to have radical changes because I don't think that GT5 was anywhere close to being what Kaz wanted it to be. After it was completed he said that he would've preferred to have an additional two years to finish it. That two years will have been upgraded to three years for GT6. GT6 was in development before GT5 finished. So i'm expecting big changes. He's mentioned that there were things that they building during GT5 that just didn't make the cut. And one of those was a livery editor.

I hope you're right, I am just pessimistic :)

Man this really is such a bad joke... so, GT7 in 2016? lol, sony.

If GT6 is PS3-only then I expect 7 to launch in 2015 for the PS4, assuming that they're building scalable assets. That combined with the PS4's easy development environment should eliminate a long wait.

And here's something that we should definitely expect for GT6 since Kaz said it recently (last August)

The question that prompted the most interesting response was asked by GTPlanet user and finalist Des Foley (Dessy182), who wanted to know what the next “big step” would be for the Gran Turismo series:

“The next step is exactly what you are experiencing here at GT Academy. Racing is a human drama and I would like to achieve that in the next game.”

http://www.gtplanet.net/kazunori-ya...an-drama-in-next-gran-turismo/comment-page-6/

Of course that could mean a variety of things. Better AI, a deeper online structure or a career mode that involves more than just picking an event, completing it and then moving to the next.

spats

I loved the idea of the grand tour special event, it just felt so slapped together at the last minute in GT5... I wish there's more content like that in the next GT.

Top Bottom