• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

alba

Little is the new Big
Wax Free Vanilla said:
3628507082_b36f2e04fa.jpg

i'm ready. it better have weather and a 24hr cycle.

Now, that's the spirit :)

Hope the update hits before I bail for the night.

Not as hyped for "Spec II" as I am for the DLC, but hopefully the release brings some more info - might have an updated Trophy list in tow, with some info pertaining to DLC stuff etc..

Regardless, I can finally do those last two Enduros for 100%. And the replay FF/RW is going to be brilliant. I'm going to be in love with Photo Mode all over again.

~Kinggi~

Banned
This all hinges on the UI and loading changes. If it is fast and useable then that salvages an awful lot of what was utter shit before and made me lose interest.

If we are talking like a second here or there, forget it. No thanks!

I will guess the track DLC will be 3-5 tracks.

at least 1 completely new real world track that's the show peace (my guess would be ether Spa or silverstone) and then the rest are old returning GT original tracks like Midfield and new layouts for Monza or something.

funkystudent said:
I will guess the track DLC will be 3-5 tracks.

at least 1 completely new real world track that's the show peace (my guess would be ether Spa or silverstone) and then the rest are old returning GT original tracks like Midfield and new layouts for Monza or something.

Still not getting my hopes up, but Spa or Silverstone would be amazing.

-Deadpool- said:
Still not getting my hopes up, but Spa or Silverstone would be amazing.
well I have zero proof of Silverstone other then the current series of that GT academy show is set there.

But we do know PD have been to Spa to get source material but they could totally leave that track for GT6.

funkystudent said:
well I have zero proof of Silverstone other then the current series of that GT academy show is set there.

But we do know PD have been to Spa to get source material but they could totally leave that track for GT6.

Honestly, I'm going to be happy if we get any new real-world circuits. As much as I enjoy the Polyphony-created tracks, there's something a lot more special about racing on tracks that the Formula One guys do for example. Even some of the FIA GT tracks, Zolder or Brno would be amazing.

More what I'm thinking too, same for Pikes Peak rumours - but you never know.

Dead Man

Gouda Jouji said:
I'm not getting my hopes up for the track DLC. At this stage I'm expecting GT4 tracks only, nothing new.
El Capitan, Motegi, Old Fuji, and Midway would be awesome, what are you talking about?

JWong

Banned
I just want to see the Japanese opening movie.

I know North America is going to get some hipster crap music.

alba

Little is the new Big
rvy said:
Please, don't toy with my emotions like that :(.

It was already confirmed by Kaz that they were working on the HSV prior to GT5 release but that it wouldn't be ready in time for it, I'm willing to be we'll get this in the Racing pack for sure :)

Dead Man said:
El Capitan, Motegi, Old Fuji, and Midway would be awesome, what are you talking about?

I didn't mean it as a bad thing, I'm just keeping my expectations realistic. If you want me to go crazy, here's what I want in the track DLC:

Mt. Panorama
Gunma Cycle Sports Centre
Spa
Mt. Haruna
Transfagarasan
Pikes Peak
Complex String
Red Rock Canyon Circuit

EDIT: Oh, Grindewald too.

Dead Man

Gouda Jouji said:
I didn't mean it as a bad thing, I'm just keeping my expectations realistic. If you want me to go crazy, here's what I want in the track DLC:

Mt. Panorama
Spa
Mt. Haruna
Transfagarasan
Pikes Peak
Complex String
Red Rock Canyon Circuit
Unf. Sorry, I'll... be back after I go to the bathroom... to... fix my hair.

rvy

Banned
alba said:
It was already confirmed by Kaz that they were working on the HSV prior to GT5 release but that it wouldn't be ready in time for it, I'm willing to be we'll get this in the Racing pack for sure :)
2mdhsp0.jpg1s2m.gif

alba

Little is the new Big
Gouda Jouji said:

Mt. Panorama
Spa
Mt. Haruna
Transfagarasan
Pikes Peak
Complex String
Red Rock Canyon Circuit

EDIT: Oh, Grindewald too.

I swear to god, if they get Grindelwald and Complex String back along with Spa, my head will explode :D

ghostofsparta said:
I think they will release Spa but this I'm not so sure about.
Well if you're going to dream, dream BIG :)

I'd be more than happy with Spa... but will always want more. Track DLC is an instant-buy for me, just let me know what, when and how much Polyphony.

Stoffinator

Do you guys think the DLC will be for multiplayer only? Like Forza does with its track pack or will we get new "single" player events?

-GOUKI-

Grover Cleveland said:
The Japanese opening for Spec I is beautiful.

Mostly the same video montage, but it's infinitely less My Chemical Romancy.
Wow i had no idea japan got moon over castle. Man i can't wait for the new opening. Better not be My Chemical Romance again.

Rattles

Ok im trying to update Gt5. But Version 1.13 keeps getting an error on the install.. Tryed bout 4 times now, Anyone know a fix?

Dead Man

SolidSnakex said:
Kaz has never even been to Australia, so it's best to stop getting any hopes up for Panorama.
Yeah, never going to happen. I had hopes after the inclusion of Australian cars in 4, but they seem to have regressed.

*fires up PS2 and plays Toca3*

Rattles

Metalmurphy said:
I wouldn't update just now. It's very lickly that once Spec II update hits they'll merge the previous updates saving you time.
Really? They didn't for the past 9 updates. Iv got 4 to go but this fucking error is pissing me off.

Top Bottom