• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
5721045798_84f4fab1e7_z.jpg

Iknos

Truespeed said:
I spent about 2 hours driving that Red Bull car. 4M credits was just too good to pass up. The acceleration and braking is just insane. Best time I could do is 1:20.

Also, does anyone else with a Driving Force GT or G25/G27 play without force feedback - as in not even plugging in the power supply? I just hate the force feedback implementation because I never get the sense that the wheel is providing the proper subtle feedback. Even though I've tried setting the FF to the lowest setting the juddering and vibration is so silly and over the top that it annoys and hinders me more then it helps. I'd like to be able to feel a slight vibration as I go over the rumble strips, but that doesn't seem possible as the wheel is always in fight mode whenever FF is on. Anyway, I find I drive so much better with it unplugged.

It's one reason why I prefer the Fanatec over the G27 especially the implementation of feedback over rumble strips. At the same time I have my FFB set to high. The "juddering" is much more smoother.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Wait, this is out already? Does it improve the load times significantly? That was literally the only thing that drove me away from the game.

Truespeed

Iknos said:
It's one reason why I prefer the Fanatec over the G27 especially the implementation of feedback over rumble strips. At the same time I have my FFB set to high. The "juddering" is much more smoother.

I really need to checkout the Fantec. The logitech wheels seem like a toy in comparison. Being able to set your wheel parameters independent of a game seems really appealing.

Raudi

just re-launched the game and got the update - 2.00

Downloading now! (TEXAS)

Hmmmm should I wait on download (ETA 70 minutes) and play GT5 spec 2.0 or run to Walmart to get Forza 4 at midnight.......

decisions!!!

Iknos

Truespeed said:
I really need to checkout the Fantec. The logitech wheels seem like a toy in comparison. Being able to set your wheel parameters independent of a game seems really appealing.

It's just a shame that you aren't using FFB since in GT5 is nothing short of wonderful.

G27 has its benefits too. I prefer its shifter and button layout and feel. D-pad on the P911TS is nice because it's on the wheel itself but feels like it can break off. Rev lights on G27 is very nice too. Personally I feel both have advantages and disadvantages but if I had to choose just one it would be the Fanatec for the smoothness.

The new Thrustmaster wheel is also belt driven too so if you are PS3/PC only you might want to look into that too. Just gotta wait for that shifter...

Truespeed

Damn, almost tempted to abort my current DL, start up PS3 proxy and get the URL so I can download it on my PC. 36 min and counting...

Polyphony

Information about unannounced features are starting to trickle in at gtplanet.

Unconfirmed but reported:
- Toggle visual damage on/off in Arcade
- Adjust AI temperament from 0 to 10 in Arcade
- New tyre load indicator

Polyphony said:
Information about unannounced features are starting to trickle in at gtplanet.

Unconfirmed but reported:
- Toggle visual damage on/off in Arcade
- Adjust AI temperament from 0 to 10 in Arcade
- New tyre load indicator

Following the thread too, can't wait to see/hear more about the "AI temperament".

h3ro

Latest updates from GTP:

Visible damage can be turned on and off in arcade settings menu.

You can adjust the AI temperament from 0 to 10 in the same menu.

New tyre load indicator. Can be turned off in settings.

Only new photomode location is the Nascar pitstop.

Torque curve accounted for/reduced when using power limiter.

Load times seem reduced.

Endurance race "suspend" option added as you enter the pits.

Weather can be set in practise (track settings) -
- Weather at race start (%)
- Weather Changeability (# 0-10)
- Surface Water at Race Start (%)

In your garage when you were creating thumbnails for your cars, you had to do them all 1 by 1. Now there's a create thumbnail for all cars button.

The speculated 'i' icon on the GT homescreen is labelled as 'News'.

3 set ups per car - including differing installed parts. Set the car up when on a "spec sheet". Change "spec sheet" and do new setup. Switch between them in a sub menu in setting screen. Neat summary of setup given.

3 set ups per car - including installed parts differences. Set the car up when on a "spec sheet". Change "spec sheet" and do new setup. Switch between them in a sub menu in setting screen. Neat summary of setup given.

Holy shit! Epic.

152ylup.jpg

33%

Weather can be set in practise (track settings) -
- Weather at race start (%)
- Weather Changeability (# 0-10)
- Surface Water at Race Start (%)
Finally. Fuck yeah.

Hmm, nothing about setting day/night and transitions?

andylsun

Quick 10 minute download, installing already - hopefully will get some sleep tonight.

Got to level 40 B spec and 27 A spec and not touched it for a few months - time to get back into GT5.

ghibli99

Downloading... @ 15% right now on a slow 7Mbps connection. Looking forward to checking things out. Was the interface overhauled or is it just the load times that "seem better"?

Top Bottom