• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 - Bathurst trailer

Any original GT experts out there? I have a mystery. I came across this weird item at the flea market and grabbed it but what is it?

To start with we have a CD case with the original Gran Turismo The Real Driving Simulator cover on it. With a white hinge not the normal black.
The side says: Gran Turismo YP153 (Google search has 0 results?)
The back: Most important it has the NTSC J in the corner and lists all the cars in the game. At the bottom it has the normal game info 1-2 players, memory card blocks,and analog controller compatible. So its the Japanese game right?! but wait...
The disc: Gran Turismo everybody music. Demo music disc not for sale... Same YP153 P+C Theme corp music group So its a music CD right?! but wait
It does not play in my CD player. It does not play in my PS3. When I put it in my computer it comes up as data (452MB) with menus and files. But it says my OS is not compatible with these files.

So confused.

Any original GT experts out there? I have a mystery. I came across this weird item at the flea market and grabbed it but what is it?

To start with we have a CD case with the original Gran Turismo The Real Driving Simulator cover on it. With a white hinge not the normal black.
The side says: Gran Turismo YP153 (Google search has 0 results?)
The back: Most important it has the NTSC J in the corner and lists all the cars in the game. At the bottom it has the normal game info 1-2 players, memory card blocks,and analog controller compatible. So its the Japanese game right?! but wait...
The disc: Gran Turismo everybody music. Demo music disc not for sale... Same YP153 P+C Theme corp music group So its a music CD right?! but wait
It does not play in my CD player. It does not play in my PS3. When I put it in my computer it comes up as data (452MB) with menus and files. But it says my OS is not compatible with these files.

So confused.

Some pics would be nice, I've never heard of something like that before. Might be a rare collectors item.

2hels1g.jpg

neyt76.jpg

1zn69fc.jpg

280qdee.jpg

amar212

So confused.

Check Edvard_V12's collection first:
http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?23021-edward_v12-s-GRAN-TURISMO-collection

93134267_org.v1313051910.jpg

And then simply register there and ask him about the particular item. He is very modest and kind guy and I am sure there is no single best address in the world you can ask for help.

EDIT: I just saw your ebay images and it is not a PSone disc nor audioCD - it is recordable DVD-R. What you have there is probably some pirated version of the first game with some soundtrack music lumped-in. I have no idea, but *maybe* some strange chipped PS2 consoles would be able to play it, but I must admit I have never seen a *backup* PSone game recorded on DVD-R media.

Check Edvard_V12's collection first:
http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?23021-edward_v12-s-GRAN-TURISMO-collection

93134267_org.v1313051910.jpg

And then simply register there and ask him about the particular item. He is very modest and kind guy and I am sure there is no single best address in the world you can ask for help.

EDIT: I just saw your ebay images and it is not a PSone disc nor audioCD - it is recordable DVD-R. What you have there is probably some pirated version of the first game with some soundtrack music lumped-in. I have no idea, but *maybe* some strange chipped PS2 consoles would be able to play it, but I must admit I have never seen a *backup* PSone game recorded on DVD-R media.

Thanks for the advice I will try that site. I am not trying to mess with any pirated stuff. Just a weird item since it looks pretty official on the front of the disc with a company and catalog number.

Thanks for the advice I will try that site. I am not trying to mess with any pirated stuff. Just a weird item since it looks pretty official on the front of the disc with a company and catalog number.

looks fake to me ... I would have expected the reverse of the front & back covers to be printed but in this case they look blank.

looks fake to me ... I would have expected the reverse of the front & back covers to be printed but in this case they look blank.
You think it is a fake meant to look real. I mean the front of the disc is very professional looking definitely for the era this would have been done in. Even has the anti piracy warnings around outside ha. It could be I just don't understand why somebody would go to such lengths. I can't even find a GT Soundtrack with that title.

So what happens if it drops below 60fps? Are we talking about just standard frame drops to 30fps or triple buffering? I would at least expect some soft v-sync, where they will let frames tear if they are in the overscan area.

I'm not sure if they have triple buffering, etc, but it appears to just drop the frame. Eurogamer has some videos of the GT Academy 2013 demo.

We've asked about Shanghai circuit... but nothing yet.
Hope GT has that one in.

It was in Prologue's weather forecasts and I remember reading last year Kaz saying he was visiting the track for a future game, so it's surely on its way, but as the seven new locations are accounted for in GT6:

- Apricot Hill
- Bathurst
- Brands Hatch
- Goodwood
- Matterhorn
- Silverstone
- Willow Springs

it'll be DLC or saved for GT PS4.

Where are the rest of widget tracks? I can't believe they're even counting Goodwood as one of the seven, it's a not even a bloody race circuit.

Prologue weather widget tracks:

- Brands Hatch - GT6
- Estoril -
- Hockenheim - MIA after Auto-Presse said it would feature in GT5.
- Imola -
- Jerez -
- Magny-Cours -
- Monza - GT5, GT6
- Shanghai -
- Silverstone - GT6
- Spa-Francorchamps - GT5 DLC, GT6
- Zolder -

So much goodness no where to be seen :(

Finally saw some replay footage of Matterhorn, and man is it a pretty track. Possibly the best looking in the series

aqsurq.gif

I know some have questioned how fun it'll be to drive on, but it looks visually amazing.

Mush

Finally saw some replay footage of Matterhorn, and man is it a pretty track. Possibly the best looking in the series

I know some have questioned how fun it'll be to drive on, but it looks visually amazing.
I'm mainly interested in the alternate layouts if they are as expansive as we have been led to believe.

Niks

Well we already had Eiger, and this follows the same principle. track around a highly detailed mountain backdrop. Yeah it looks good but, to me its kinda lazy tbh...
At least El capitan has trees...

I mean, PD has so many great backdrops right in their own home to build a track upon..
4hbK4NB.jpg

1iPGthn.jpg

OCiiyUx.jpg

Hell just try to do a seaside track..
6D6htmv.jpg

There's been mention of alternate or longer layouts for matterhorn?

amar mentioned matterhorn being the longest track in gt's history so there must be a long version, but will we get it?

are there any blocked off roads other than the pitlane entry/exit?

maybe it's compatible with course maker and we can edit the existing track like the russian pre-order pack info said?

dalin80

Banned
Will GT6 have the standard and premium shenanigans again?

and boo to no supercars :(

Will have standards and premiums but with a greater balance towards premiums and supposedly the standards have been warmed over and tweaked so they are less.... insulting.

And it will have supercars.

Skunkers

Will GT6 have the standard and premium shenanigans again?

and boo to no supercars :(

Essentially, yes, though they are trying to warm standards over a bit better. They've supposedly been tweaked/retextured to look better, will get customization options like the premiums, and will not be labeled or separated like they were in GT5. I believe I read somewhere they are working on a better generic cockpit view than the black one that was patched into GT5 also.

One thing I really wish they would do, is take the standards that essentially have no styling changes from the same model premiums and use the premium model. Seems completely stupid to be using GT4 assets for a lot of trim and model year changes that could use the premium model. I bet the standard/premium split would get a lot closer to 50/50 if they did this.

Dalamari

Banned
Everything about GT6 seems pretty fantatic, except the sounds. From the few bits of gameplay I've seen, the exhaust noise and tire chirps are still pretty tame. Forza does a nice job of giving the cars a nice cinema style treatment.

but isn't the tokyo motor show a few weeks before release? i wanted course maker and other info a few months ago, we won't get any at these car shows. sony don't care.

revisited the demo

gtacademy2013_20dbkpf.png

gtacademy2013_222ijgs.png

gtacademy2013_3146kfq.png

i hope polyphony have fixed the wheels and got rid of those dynamic black edges.

The Stealth Fox

I thought the demo expired. I can't seem to open it.

I think on launch, the main issues with this game will be:

1. 1080p framerate drops
2. No/limited mechanical damage implementation in a-spec single player

Fixed things from GT5 will be:

1. Visual consistency (no bad looking standards, no standard premium distinction)
2. Feature consistency
3. A-spec mode which returns to the classic GT1-4 form where you can freely advance through career mode without level restrictions. Only restrictions will be license tests.
4. Revised UI

You can remove the expiration date on cfw PS3 so it's still playable.

Johannesburg Motor Show up and running and no GT6 news.

When will Sony announce the delay?

amar212

Lack of news does seems to be an indicator for games that are about to be delayed, though i doubt Sony will let GT6 be delayed.

I don't think it will be delayed but nevermind that..

There is no "Sony wouldn't allow" anymore for GT games. Sony and SCEI are to blame for pressuring PD over GT5 release in 2010 in state it was. Kazunori was asking for early 2011 release in the August, but Sony didn't comply. They wanted to have GT5 released in 2010 without question and for the first time PD had to bow to pressure.

Kazunori accepted the terms and PD begun crunching the betacode immidiately to prepare it for the forced launc. Unfortunately, the final testing took some time and Gold was actually few days late then scheduled. But due to tight schedule at factories, the late was impossible to manage. Game had to be postponed for almost a month due to obligations to print another titles.

After the bad reception, crticial reviews and overall negativity GT5 endured, Kaz got back his assurances he will never be pressuroed again. It was Spec 2.0 release what was planned to be an original 2011 release code.

I don't think it will be delayed but nevermind that..

There is no "Sony wouldn't allow" anymore for GT games. Sony and SCEI are to blame for pressuring PD over GT5 release in 2010 in state it was. Kazunori was asking for early 2011 release in the August, but Sony didn't comply. They wanted to have GT5 released in 2010 without question and for the first time PD had to bow to pressure.

Kazunori accepted the terms and PD begun crunching immidiately. Unfortunately, the final testing took some time and Gold was actually few days late then scheduled. But due to tight schedule at factories, the late was impossible to manage. Game had to be postponed for almost a month due to obligations to print another titles.

After the bad reception, crticial reviews and overall negativity GT5 endured, Kaz got back his assurances he will never be pressured again. It was Spec 2.0 release what was planned to be an original 2011 release.

So, what you're saying is that GT6 is getting delayed?

No, at least I think not. And I hope not. With Driveclub development, that would be damn too much.
The DC delay should bode well of GT6 sales... so long as the release date does not slip past Dec 6. Sony fans can spend the holiday enjoying GT... and everyone will be ready for DC when it launches Q1 of 2014.

Goldrusher

Sony and SCEI are to blame for pressuring PD over GT5 release in 2010 in state it was. Kazunori was asking for early 2011 release in the August, but Sony didn't comply. They wanted to have GT5 released in 2010 without question and for the first time PD had to bow to pressure.
That was probably the 9th time that Kaz asked for "just 3 more months", Sony had enough.

gt06.jpg

Top Bottom