• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

Yiazmat

Nothing again?

uRWA0uc.gif

found some gps data/coordinates, probably for that data logger gps replay shit nobody uses

"0" "1.0499999523162842" "0" "566.767578125" "35.3704719543457" "138.92709350585938" "-38.540000915527344" "0" "0"

"0" "1.0499999523162842" "0" "566.767578125" "35.3704719543457" "138.92709350585938" "-38.540000915527344" "0" "0"

"0" "0" "0" "39.84000015258789" "34.843666076660156" "136.53268432617188" "50.349998474121094" "-1" "0"

"0" "0" "0" "39.84000015258789" "34.843666076660156" "136.53268432617188" "50.349998474121094" "-1" "0"

"0" "0" "0" "0" "34.843666076660156" "136.53268432617188" "50.349998474121094" "0" "0"

"-71.57780456542969" "5.819035053253174" "0" "23.785400390625" "36.15048599243164" "139.92176818847656" "-77" "0" "17.44791603088379"

"12.4169921875" "0" "-5.010000228881836" "522.280029296875" "50.35508346557617" "6.962812423706055" "0" "8.569999694824219" "-302.195556640625"

"12.4169921875" "0" "-5.010000228881836" "522.280029296875" "50.35508346557617" "6.962812423706055" "0" "8.569999694824219" "-302.195556640625"

"0" "0" "0" "251" "36.58478546142578" "-121.75334930419922" "56.400001525878906" "0" "0"

course maker late july - believe!

Has GT6 officially reached meme status yet?

To me it has. I officially gave up on the whole log-in rigmarole this morning. Screw PD. Would it kill ya to clue us in once in a while? And why you don't give us more time attacks is beyond me. The most fun I've had in the entire series and they've used it 4 times.

Yiazmat

They haven't said anything in almost a month... I wonder if we'll get something this week.

Maybe a Curiosity Rover dlc? To celebrate the Pluto flyby? Seems more likely than the course maker.

No G27 support. No urge for GT Sport, I need my GPS Course Maker.

andalusia_01
andalusia_02
moon
moon_02
moon_03

Were created with course maker / TED, PWY and Rails. Non-Course Maker tracks are RWY.

TED = Terrain Model
PWY = Course Ground
RAIL = RailVisionList

CourseMaker

/TerrainModel
/GenerateData
/CourseGround
/RailVisionList

Will new Course Maker have a terrain editor so we can create elevation changes like the moon?

benzy

Will new Course Maker have a terrain editor so we can create elevation changes like the moon?

That would be awesome and worth the wait, but I don't wanna get hyped up and be all disappointed after all this time. For GT7 course maker they need to let us adjust tarmac smoothness and road bumps.

Mascot

I've been holding on to my PS3 for the course maker, so to make it finally appear I think it's time to sell the old girl. You can all thank me later.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
This thread has gotten pretty desperate and sad.

You guys need to let go of all of this. The game is done getting any worthwhile updates. I thought the hype in this thread for the course maker was just sarcasm. I can't believe it was legit...

Yiazmat

Everything would be better if they simply announced a date for the course maker.

How difficult can that be? This thing has been in beta for more than a year and was announced over 2.5 years ago.

Niks

Course maker is taking so long because they are also making the PS4 version. At this point, they are only making the PS3 version because they don't want to be sued.

Yiazmat

Maybe they're waiting to release the course maker on the same day as Forza 6, just like they did with GT5 Spec 2.0/Forza 4.

It all makes sense now. September 15 can't come soon enough.

Maybe they're waiting to release the course maker on the same day as Forza 6, just like they did with GT5 Spec 2.0/Forza 4.

It all makes sense now. September 15 can't come soon enough.
Too bad the course maker will probably be full of stupid design flaws and will work slowly as hell.

Blasphemy!

GPS Course Maker will be sensational and lead the racing game genre to a better place.

GT6 hybrid editor has finally been updated to support 1.20 banderas.gif

It's for the GPS replay thing, I remembered I posted the supported list of tracks ages back, before Polyphony started hiding stuff:

Ascari
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Fuji Speedway
Laguna Seca

Monza
Nürburgring
Silverstone
Suzuka Circuit
Tsukuba Circuit

Twin Ring Motegi
Willow Springs

Bolded is for the above data, it's probably all in that text file I posted. I thought I'd unearthed some hidden tracks they were working on when I found it... then the crushing disappointment when fucking Fuji popped up in Google Maps :(

benzy

PD still expanding?

http://www.polyphony.co.jp/recruitment/index.html

Staff recruitment
- AI engineer NEW
Make the development of automatic traveling AI racing game.
- online engineers NEW
Develop all the functions needed to play against other players via the Internet or LAN network.
· graphics engineer NEW
To work with PlayStation®4 and PC, etc., we will develop a real-time graphics system by GPU.
- game engine development engineers NEW
Various race rules in the game, and regulation, and the implementation of various functions to support the game.
- game script engineer NEW
Such as a game sequence and user interface, we will develop all the parts that touch in the game to the user's eye.
- Sound development engineer NEW
Development of game sound processing program, make the development of sound production environment.
· data engineers NEW
BI (Business Intelligence) system of design, development, perform the operation.
· Test build engineers NEW
For the purpose of improvement of software quality, make and build and test the implementation of the test environment, and design of the build environment implementation.
· pipeline tool development engineers NEW
Done through the software environment developed a flow construction for optimal content creation.
- Mobile Application Engineer NEW
to work in a mobile environment, such as iOS and Android, we will develop and support application of the "Gran Turismo".
- house tool development engineers NEW
Such as communication tool to be used in-house, we can produce a variety of tools that support the game production.
- vehicle simulation development engineers NEW
Improvements and of vehicle simulation engine of "Gran Turismo", we will do, such as reproduction of the mechanism of each vehicle.
· physics engine development engineers NEW
To develop a system for simulating various physical phenomena in the game.
- CG artist
Using 3D applications such as Maya do the 3D data production, such as car and courses.
· Technical artist
And familiar with the latest CG technology, improvement and rationalization and graphics system, do the technology introduction and technical support to the artist.

Part-time job adoption
- online management staff
Planning of online events, perform the operation check of management and online capabilities.
- Official Web site production staff
We do support the creation and updating of the various contents of the official web site, "Gran Turismo-dot-com."
- 3DCG designer assistant
Make 3D data production, such as car and courses. And guidance carefully to PC / 3D software inexperienced person.
· Graphic Design Assistant
Graphics, GUI, web, such as product, and support of the design work in a wide range of areas.
Hiring of new graduates
There is no adoption frame of the new graduates dedicated, consistent with the experience adoption of application conditions, or please apply without reserve, even while attending If you have the same skills.

Effect

Posted this in a GT6 topic in Gaming but figured I'd see if I could get some answers here as well.

Trying to decide between GT6 and Forza 4 (I have a PS3 and 360 I'm not really using and want to try out some racing sims instead of making huge investments on systems just yet). I had and returned Project Cars (PC) a few weeks ago but want something more stable even if it doesn't look as good. I was always interested in both series but especially Gran Turismo.

I heard that GT6's graphics and lighting can be all over the place at times. Is this true still (was it ever?) or was this something fixed in patches and updates (heard they were quite so something had to be happening there)?

Graphically overall between the two games which would you say is better?

How is the learning curve in GT6 for someone that has only really dabbled in racing sims? Especially if they'll be using a controller to start.

AI is good, bad, etc?

Thanks.

benzy

Posted this in a GT6 topic in Gaming but figured I'd see if I could get some answers here as well.

Trying to decide between GT6 and Forza 4 (I have a PS3 and 360 I'm not really using and want to try out some racing sims instead of making huge investments on systems just yet). I had and returned Project Cars (PC) a few weeks ago but want something more stable even if it doesn't look as good. I was always interested in both series but especially Gran Turismo.

I heard that GT6's graphics and lighting can be all over the place at times. Is this true still (was it ever?) or was this something fixed in patches and updates (heard they were quite so something had to be happening there)?

How is the learning curve in GT6 for someone that has only really dabbled in racing sims? Especially if they'll be using a controller to start.

AI is good, bad, etc?

Thanks.

You could probably get both from Ebay for pretty cheap, would cost you less than what you spent on pCars PC. Both games sort of do their own thing, if you get one you'll be missing certain features of the other.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gran-Turism...678?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cff03e376

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Forza-Motor...728?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20fb36f290

In terms of graphics, I prefer GT6.

jyinncovoj.gif

AI is good, bad, etc?

Thanks.

I think it really depends on your preferences. I don't own Forza 4, but its advantages are most often listed as better engine sounds and more competetive AI. The graphics could also be considered more consistent (as GT6 still has cars and tracks that were ported over from PS2 times; sometimes enhanced, but not enough to bring them up to PS3 standards).
GT6 has more content and still gets updates from time to time. Some like the physics or the campaign better.
It should be noted that, just as in its predecessors, you have to earn your cars in GT6 and it can take a little time. So if you want to have access to all the cars (especially expensive super cars or oldtimers) right from the start you will be disappointed. This should be true for Forza 4 too, but to a lesser degree.

There should be a Demo version of Forza 4 available btw., you could check out how you like the car handling and graphics.

As much as some people were disappointed by GT6 , its still the best GT game to date. Best physics, best graphics, most cars, most tracks, etc. I enjoyed it a lot.
I also bought Project Cars btw., and while I didn't return it and had some fun with it, it just isn't for me that much. Guess I like "driving" simulators better than "racing" simulators in the end. ;)

Effect

I picked up GT6 from gamestop today. They had a used copy for $13 so going to give it a shot. If I don't like it I can return it. I also downloaded the demo for Forza 4 and even Horizon 2 on the 360 just to see how those were. Didn't see either for a low price save for the essentials version of Forza 4. Might go back for that if I like the demo.

Dead Man

I picked up GT6 from gamestop today. They had a used copy for $13 so going to give it a shot. If I don't like it I can return it. I also downloaded the demo for Forza 4 and even Horizon 2 on the 360 just to see how those were. Didn't see either for a low price save for the essentials version of Forza 4. Might go back for that if I like the demo.

It's worth waiting through the frustrating as fuck patching process, much better than at launch.

Effect

I really don't know what to make of this game. Been playing it for a few hours now and currently doing National B tracks. I hesitate to call them races because it always feels like I'm the only one on the track trying to race and beat the others. Everyone else is just driving along. To the point I wonder if I'd enjoy this more just doing tracks without anyone else just going for the fast lap time or trying to not make any errors. The rolling starts are already frustrating as well and starting to piss me off.

Maybe it's just the beginning but looking around other places and in youtube videos it seems like this is just how the game is. I guess the "Driving Simulator" part on the box is actually accurate and this really isn't a racing game.

I am liking the free drive mode to test out cars which goes back to the fastest lap comment. I tried the Goodwood Festival of Speed race with the supercar (second race I think) and really enjoy that more so then a lot of the "races" I played.

Tried out the demo for Forza 4 as I was looking into that as well but there really isn't a lot there to judge. Just a single race. It sounds a LOT better. The sound in GT6 is horrible and I thought people were just using hyperbole. They weren't. The Forza Horizons 2 demo was a LOT better and had a nice amount of content for a demo but really that game gave me Need for Speed vibes but hate that there is a player character I can't change. I like that GT6 has the driver in the suit you can customize and that NfS:MW does something similar.

I picked up the game for $15 but deciding if I should just keep it and play more or just return it as I got it used just in case. Not really having a great time. There are a lot of things (some small and other big) that bother me. I'm actually surprised there is almost no damage done to cars even with the amount of bumping I've done because cars just slow down so much in turns. I don't need Burnout or Need for Speed levels of damage but something that would discourage it. I also noticed no penalties either which would happen all the time when I tried Project Cars. Is that just something that doesn't get turned on until higher tiers?

Going to give it another night and see how I feel. I'm glad I got to try it out as I've always wanted to though.

Going to give it another night and see how I feel. I'm glad I got to try it out as I've always wanted to though.

Well that's pretty much Gran Turismo, there isn't any bump in A.I. aggresiveness or anything of the sort or more strict rules on higher tiers, they just keep driving around at a nice constant pace, it really is a lot more fun just doing hotlaps or going online where there's some chance at good racing although both things can become a bit boring the more you play it

benzy

I really don't know what to make of this game. Been playing it for a few hours now and currently doing National B tracks. I hesitate to call them races because it always feels like I'm the only one on the track trying to race and beat the others. Everyone else is just driving along. To the point I wonder if I'd enjoy this more just doing tracks without anyone else just going for the fast lap time or trying to not make any errors. The rolling starts are already frustrating as well and starting to piss me off.

I'm actually surprised there is almost no damage done to cars even with the amount of bumping I've done because cars just slow down so much in turns. I don't need Burnout or Need for Speed levels of damage but something that would discourage it. I also noticed no penalties either which would happen all the time when I tried Project Cars. Is that just something that doesn't get turned on until higher tiers?

Yeah, the ai isn't aggressive at all, and they reworked the whole career mode to ease new people into the game. I forgot which career class the penalties will start occurring, but it's definitely in the S class. I mostly just do hot laps in the game though.

Yiazmat

Where did you find that? I've got to know the back story.
Popgaf lol.

But I have no idea where it's from and google tells me nothing.

GT Sport is the new Gran Turismo game.

Macau Circuit in GT. :O

http://youtu.be/giq2RFIzXjc

According to BADNED Sector3 has the exclusive rights for that track, so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=169511917&postcount=3490

---

I'm hoping for around 7 new real tracks in GT7 again. Once we get most of these then we should be good on real tracks:

It's crazy to think that Polyphony is doing 2 of the biggest tracks in there for GT7. And both happen to be time trial tracks (at least for cars).

I know you can't really compare this stuff, but I keep thinking on how many of the smaller ones they could do instead.

Yiazmat

Is this the week when something will get announced? Surely that's what amar meant by "soon".

Maybe they'll reveal the course maker today and release it tomorrow? banderas.gif

ShamePain

Banned
It's been 2 years, it's time to give up the dream, it's not like CM would be particularly impressive or useful being based on 512 megs of available memory. Just focus on GT7 and realize the vision properly rather than try to fit an ambitious idea into a 10 year old box.

What the hell is this stuff about GTPlanet mods hinting about how nobody has been able to guess what happened to course maker?
Has anyone guessed patent infringement yet?

lol, does anybody want a standalone FIA GT3 game? It will flop bigger than GT6, so if they're willing to flop, I'd rather GT Sport be a fully blown FIA WRC game built around GPS Course Maker on PS4.

GPS Course Maker on PS3 ain't happening, Polyphony are full of shit.

Sounds like there is none.

Every tale has a bit of truth into it, and I do believe that there are some very nasty things going on behind the curtins on why the Course Maker isn't among us, but all this theory sounds like wild and batshit crazy specullation.

Besides, if you wanna make a GT3 cars game why do you hide the damn name from the title of said game?

But a GT3 game from PD? A fully racing simulator bearing the GT logo on it? Man, I'd go to Japan myself to thank Kazunori sam.

Top Bottom