• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

Mush

Tobacco advertising is banned, this is why GT needs a livery creator. I hope they don't put the black lines on the MP4/4 and spoil its good looks :(
That's not necessarily true. Forza included the Rothmans Porsche 962 got away with it because it was DLC AFAIK.

X9FKG.jpg

Pretty sure that's how the car was released in the DLC. But after the Piazza del Campo fiasco I can understand why PD would want to avoid any potential legal bullshit.

The Instituto Ayrton Senna are apart of this deal as well. They hold the rights. So even if PD could get away with using the original liveries because it's DLC, the IAS probably wouldn't allow it.

saladine1

Any news or hints on whether GT7 will be shown at E3?

God, I really do hope the audio has taken priority this time around. My God, am I praying.

Having said that, I'm anticipating an absolute meltdown when the first piece of media is shown. Will be jaw-dropping I'm sure..

amar212

But why do we have to wait until the end of the month? Does that Simraceway McLaren contract end?

Maybe it has to do with official ending of GT5 online.

All current servers will become GT6 servers from May 31.

And since the Senna PR is talking about an update - with all the Senna content and possible another fixes - maybe the Community and Quick Race features will launch then, together with the "proper" Seasonals.

Mind how GT games are exclusively using Polyphony's servers to run My GT Home, offload data, sync Seasonal Events, Time Trials and such, do matchmake and collect all data. And there are hundred(s) thousand(s) of players playing GT5 and GT6, so load must be significant.

Switching off GT5 - which is damn sad, I agree, I would still play GT5:prologue for Quick Races if the servers were running for instance - will possibly open a space to finally get all online options for GT6.

benzy

The Senna partnership is only for GT6? Hopefully the 97T and MP4/4 license carry over to GT7, otherwise it's going to be hugely disappointing after having access to them.

Niks

So how about this rumor...

GT6 is being repackaged for PS4, 1080p, 60fps.
release date? Late 2015.

GT7 confirmed for 2017.

bud

it's been almost half a year since gt6 came out, and polyphony still haven't even finished the damn game.

they're already kind of a joke to be honest.

benzy

Releasing a ps3 port late in 2015 makes PD a joke developer imo.... nintendo levels of incompetence.

I think it's expected after what Kaz said before GT6's launch. The game will eventually evolve into GT7 or come somewhere halfway, and with their new flexible rendering engine being expandable, they're not looking to rewrite everything from scratch. They've already had next-gen in mind with GT6 as they were developing the game. I'll take a revamped GT6 PS4 with new extra content as GT7P instead of paying for another demo with only a few select cars and a couple of tracks. If the rumor is true then they're just adding the GT7P content to GT6 instead of it being a standalone demo.

Kaz said:
“I am very pleased with everything about the new game and new additions, but the launch will be only the beginning for GT6”, said Yamauchi. “The game will continue to develop throughout its life. I already have many ideas for things I want to achieve in the next 15 years of Gran Turismo.”

“We’re pleased to deliver GT6 to PlayStation 3 as we have a very loyal community on that platform,” said Yamauchi. “However, we have refactored the game to make it very flexible and expandable, with a view to making many future developments

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/gran-turismo-6-news-screenshots-cars-and-release-date

Basically GT6 will never be complete because it will continually be expanded upon.

Mobius 1

I do hope to get a glimpse of what Polyphony is planning at E3. I would be more disappointed by a complete no-show rather than late releases.

Jedi2016

So... current 1080p/60 to a slightly better 1080p/60? And probably still $60. And won't be able to transfer your save.

This is coming from someone who's never missed a GT game:

Nope.

Maybe it has to do with official ending of GT5 online.

All current servers will become GT6 servers from May 31.

And since the Senna PR is talking about an update - with all the Senna content and possible another fixes - maybe the Community and Quick Race features will launch then, together with the "proper" Seasonals.

Mind how GT games are exclusively using Polyphony's servers to run My GT Home, offload data, sync Seasonal Events, Time Trials and such, do matchmake and collect all data. And there are hundred(s) thousand(s) of players playing GT5 and GT6, so load must be significant.

Switching off GT5 - which is damn sad, I agree, I would still play GT5:prologue for Quick Races if the servers were running for instance - will possibly open a space to finally get all online options for GT6.

But cars don't require any game servers to release, the Lotus should have been released on May 1st with the other stuff released later on in the month. I know we won't get the MP4/4, it's just the Polyphony way to tease and not deliver.

Dead Man

I think it's expected after what Kaz said before GT6's launch. The game will eventually evolve into GT7 or come somewhere halfway, and with their new flexible rendering engine being expandable, they're not looking to rewrite everything from scratch. They've already had next-gen in mind with GT6 as they were developing the game. I'll take a revamped GT6 PS4 with new extra content as GT7P instead of paying for another demo with only a few select cars and a couple of tracks. If the rumor is true then they're just adding the GT7P content to GT6 instead of it being a standalone demo.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/gran-turismo-6-news-screenshots-cars-and-release-date

Basically GT6 will never be complete because it will continually be expanded upon.

And yet a fully featured game needs to be done at some point. Any trust PD built up over the first 4 games is gone for me now.

GT5 was going to set up the infrastructure too, and then they went and redid it all and yet it is still shithouse in a lot of ways.

They added and named three new slots for tracks from Academy 2013 to GT6

Route X
Willow Springs International Raceway: Horse Thief Mile
Willow Springs International Raceway: Kart Track

all three empty with no changes since ver 1.00, these 80s circuits could be dumped here. The link says it's a four part reveal:

Part 1: Website and documentary video
Part 2: Slideshow 1
Part 3: Slideshow 2
Part 4: In game content released with update 1.07

???

No hope for the McLaren MP4/4 if it doesn't show up with the slideshow 2 reveal, and they had the balls to troll us with the suit...

ibawdgXTzrMGKs.gif

benzy

Hmmm, hopefully they're just holding it back for a surprise. The wait is killing me :(

What about a slot for his Lotus racing suit? We saw it in the intro along with the 97T so surely it should be apart of the dlc, which means if his MP4 suit is in then the car has to be in... :Antoniobanderas

11256495925_1b4ba815ce_o.jpg

From the Brazilian playstation blog:

Today I want to share with you all that the 27th of May, a content update arrives for GT6 owners, including the Tribute to Ayrton Senna, who is the culmination of this long-term partnership.With content update Tribute to Ayrton Senna will make trace the roots of Senna's racing career and relive some of the best pilot, including turns in pole position in circuits like Brands Hatch and Monza.

Starting May 27, the section dedicated to Ayrton Senna will be available in the main menu when you download the update.The content includes a release of the first karts Senna, built by DAP, which helped him to start his racing career.And the Lotus 97T, which sena piloted during their second season of Formula 1in 1985, when he recorded seven poles.

Earning a bronze trophy or better in any of the Challenges of Senna and you receive the car.Also, races are the Challenges of Senna in the same circuit where Senna recorded their times, and you have a mission to hit these record times in turns.These are:

• Lotus 97T

- Circuit: Monza 1985

- Target Time: Pole position Senna, 1,25.084

• Lotus 97T

- Circuit: Brands Hatch 1985

- Target Time: Pole position Senna, 1,07.169

You also have the option to buy the car with your play money at the dealership Ayrton Senna without completing the seasonal event.

13984211689_342aee063d_o.jpg

14147721086_a882be79ae_o.jpg

R.I.P McLaren MP4/4

Well at least it's free. I still think my fantasy Senna DLC would have been better:

Cars:

Ayrton Senna DAP Racing Kart '79
Ayrton Senna Lotus 97T '85
Ayrton Senna McLaren MP4/4 '88
Ayrton Senna Toleman TG184 '84
Ayrton Senna Van Diemen RF81 '81
Ayrton Senna West Surrey Racing Ralt RT3 '83

Tracks:

Autódromo de Interlagos 1979
Autódromo José Carlos Pace 2014
Kartódromo Municipal Ayrton Senna

$14.99

Yeah, it's awful:

- Senna's '88 overalls / helmet
- Rubbish mini documentary
- 48 photo slideshow
- DAP Kart + overalls / helmet
- Lotus 97T + overalls / helmet
- Minor changes to existing tracks, plus retro texture packs
- Two time trial challenges

What a crap tribute. There must be more content with this slideshow 2 unlock, the ps blogs simply haven't got the full details yet...

NeeL

Neo Member
Played it from december through february non-stop. Good times! But race difficulty bacame very high so I couldn't match it with only dualshock.

offshore

I really don't care about the Senna content, I just want the damn Community stuff.

What the hell is taking so long? It's embarrassing, especially when your game from over 3 years ago already has great community features.

I really don't care about the Senna content, I just want the damn Community stuff.

What the hell is taking so long? It's embarrassing, especially when your game from over 3 years ago already has great community features.

Looks like PD isn't capable of running the community stuff for two different games on their server, so it's been speculated that we'd have to wait for them to shut down GT5's online.

amar212

There will be developments "soon". Many announcements are in preparing phase, it depends when SCE/PD will be ready to announce everything.

amar212

Haha, no, I am pretty honest with this one.

Significant developments are preparing, one of them will be unprecedented in the series history. I think it will be announced sooner than later.

Mobius 1

Haha, no, I am pretty honest with this one.

Significant developments are preparing, one of them will be unprecedented in the series history. I think it will be announced sooner than later.

Oh I wasn't referring to you, just the general mood in this thread. :D

I understand why there is much disappointment, but on the other hand most of you have been around enough to know that PD is a slow burn studio and they often miss their deadlines. Besides, we are getting the content free of charge.
I want the MP4/4 and Interlagos as well,

I suppose its time to start preparing the Spec II OT.

Top Bottom