• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 coming before 2017, with improved crash physics says Yamauchi

At the very least they need something like a GT7: Prolouge. This year. Forza is getting a lot of facetime and that facetime is getting it a lot more mindshare than the GT franchise these days.

Polyphony may have the history but they shouldn't get complacent and think that another sim racer franchise can't snatch their shine, because it could very easily be seen as GT7 needing to "prove itself" against Forza 6 or 7, rather than the other way around (as it's traditionally been).

lol another one of these 'they should be doing this or else' concerns.

proving something to a racer that is just getting night/weather after 10 years of being in the genre. come on.

MadmanUK

Isn't 3 years a normal dev cycle?

Not really for current gen games, especially the first one on a new console. I best we see something more stripped down with a ton of DLC. GT7 will be more of a platform. Somewhat like Destiny that will get bigger and better as time goes on.

mike4001_

Do you guys really want a prologue edition ?

This is just as in Metal Gear Solid a paid demo to raise money.

I really hope they never do this again.

And even if, it gets boycotted !

EGM1966

GT5 took so long they should never have pushed GT6 out late on PS3 (which I'm sure was made clear in terms of sales).

They definately need GT7 to hit 2016 IMO.

That was bad but I'd rather GT release cycle then forzas. Saturation and too much of a good thing comes to mind.

Honestly, one every two years doesn't feel like 'too much' for me at all. I really enjoyed Forza 5, but it's not getting much playtime from me anymore. Every Forza so far (although 4 may be a stretch) has been significantly improved (considering graphics, content, handling models, AI, customisation etx.) than the previous entry, despite the relatively short turnaround time. They're up to it.

I think the Horizon formula is in more danger of wearing out. Absolutely brilliant games, but it's tough to keep it fresh without adding too much bloat (which is where I think the Need For Speed series started to fall down). In my ideal world, a 3-year rotation of Forza Motorsport (sim), Horzion (open-world) and PGR (simcade) would be perfect, with car models shared between the three.

They need to start by fixing the fucking abismal sounds. That's more important than crash physics.

They're on it.

kitch9

Banned
This is fucking crazy. Such a bad management. Whoever thought making GT6 for PS3 was a good idea is an idiot.

Should have waited and released that game on PS4 this year or last year. Seriously wtf.

Yes why would you release your biggest IP to a userbase of over 80 million when you could release to to under 20 million.

So cray, much cray.

Bandit1

They seem to hint at a release very, very soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKDB7q115NA#t=148s

JWtyjSr.gif

They really did laugh off that 2017 question.. I love how Kazi can understand english, yet refuses to attempt to speak it XD

Slighty off topic here, but if GT7 releases in 2016, the PS4 would be slated to receive what are arguably the Playstation's three biggest, most recognizable franchises in the same year...

gran-turismo-logo.png

uncharted-4.jpg

Ratchet-and-Clank.jpg

They should force a bi yearly release format for the GT series. At some point developers need feedback from the customers to develop the game in the right direction.

They should force a bi yearly release format for the GT series. At some point developers need feedback from the customers to develop the game in the right direction.

They're listening to feedback. They hired a former Forza audio lead to help with the game audio. They've also hired Evolution's UI designer.

No one said it did? Forza 5 had worse reviews then GT5 or 6, that game had issues.

Many of those issues were regarding payout balancing (fixed by Christmas) and content (T10 added three free tracks, a smattering of free cars, and the season pass added a ton too).

The game's good.

crash physics should not be the priority.
they should be, in this order:

-1080p/60
-even better driving physics
-sound
-all premium cars
-G27 support
-better crash physics.

This not gonna happen as we got G29 instead.

ShamePain

Banned
They really did laugh off that 2017 question.. I love how Kazi can understand english, yet refuses to attempt to speak it XD

Slighty off topic here, but if GT7 releases in 2016, the PS4 would be slated to receive what are arguably the Playstation's three biggest, most recognizable franchises in the same year...

gran-turismo-logo.png

uncharted-4.jpg

Ratchet-and-Clank.jpg
In which universe is Ratchet a big franchise? Put GoW 4 in there, man.

PSY・S;167012557 said:
Besides Uncharted 4 what other major exclusives are releasing in 2016?

Not much announced yet. But possibly:
Media Molecules new Project.
Guerilla Games new game(rumored to be open world dino game named Horizon)
Sony BENDs new game.(rumored to be open world horror game)
Guerilla Camebridges new game(probably Killzone)
God Of War 4
Gravity Rush 2
Quite some VR games
And of course The Last Guardian.

And if you want to count games like WiLD there will be a bunch of those, too.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Yes why would you release your biggest IP to a userbase of over 80 million when you could release to to under 20 million.

So cray, much cray.

ya GT6 set the world on fire with incredible sales.

Oh wait, thats right, but it only did 1/4th of GT5 sales. Even with more 4times the userbase.

labaronx

In what universe is it doing ok? GT6 cratered in the market. It's done so badly, Sony won't even share numbers, whereas in the past, Sony couldn't wait to share them. It took them 2 weeks to share GT5's numbers. 18 months later, we're still waiting for an update on GT6. I wonder why...

GT7 will be the real test of where GT stands in the market. It could go either way at this point.

Considering sony lead people to believe a ps4 port was coming and possible. However gt6 doing fine was in context to the comment i was replying too. It reviewed better and scored some racing game of the year titles. Which is all true. Beside 25 % of 12 million plus is what 4 - 5 million. Bad for a gt game...yes bad compared to other racing game or hell most any games numbers hardly.

Servbot24

Banned

That would be Uncharted, GT and GoW.

Though GoW is a possibility too, which would be four!

ShamePain

Banned
lol another one of these 'they should be doing this or else' concerns.

proving something to a racer that is just getting night/weather after 10 years of being in the genre. come on.

How about still having ps2 cars in a ps4 game? It goes both ways. Forza need night/weather. GT needs to drop assets from two generations ago.

Business

So cray, much cray.

Because your biggest franchise besides making money selling games it should also sell machines that will help the company dominate the market. At that point I think it was more important for Sony to sell PS4 consoles than PS3 games. GT6 ended up not even selling many PS3 games so I don't think it was the best decision PD ever made.

AndyD

aka andydumi
After the mess PD seem to be in of recent years I'm not going to hold my breath they will be able to deliver a game I actually want to play.

But we'll see. Hopefully they will surprise and deliver a game like the original GT.

This. I really hope its not a half baked GT7 in December 2016, with promised patches for features for the 2 years after that.

Top Bottom