• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport launches October 18 - trailer

dukeoflegs

I want to pick this up but I have a G27 wheel. Did anyone in the beta try using a GIMX with a G27 or other wheel to see if they work?

Going to be there Day 1, common sense just says this is the only GT that will release on PS4. PD will support this game to hell and back and the community for the online game will be strong.

Arguing about how well this game sells is just stupid, it's pretty obvious this game has gone fully for the GAAS model and there is no competition sales wise. GT has always been in it's own league for racing sims when it comes to sales, PD will make stupid money from constant revenue when it release. I just hope it's just cosmetic shit that they go for and expansions, the game is just ripe for microtransactions which does worry me slightly about how PD will go.

Mokubba

APEX Coffee Table Art Book
i10EYkloVxytz.png

i1IC7EG9m6OzpG.jpg

i1Sv8sYpRAuOdG.jpg

Where and How much?

Noobcraft

Going to be there Day 1, common sense just says this is the only GT that will release on PS4. PD will support this game to hell and back and the community for the online game will be strong.

Arguing about how well this game sells is just stupid, it's pretty obvious this game has gone fully for the GAAS model and there is no competition sales wise. GT has always been in it's own league for racing sims when it comes to sales, PD will make stupid money from constant revenue when it release. I just hope it's just cosmetic shit that they go for and expansions, the game is just ripe for microtransactions which does worry me slightly about how PD will go.
In a game with a livery editor (that's still in right?) how much can you really do in cosmetic dlc? In tune with other racers, paid add-ons would likely include tracks, cars, etc which are not cosmetic.

kyser73

They've done a terrible job at managing expectations for this game. I was told prior to the beta that this game would be primarily a MP game and feature almost no SP.

Now I'm seeing people say there's over 100 SP events. Who knows what that means, but okay, that's something. I just feel very confused about what this game is and the audience it's targeting. I really don't care about MP. I enjoy GT for the SP experience, but I have no idea whether GT Sport will scratch that itch.

Maybe you should pay attention to the incoming prelaunch media then.

The PS VR logos ruin the cover art. Leave that info on the back of the box alongside other useful information.

So does the PS4 one. I think they should be an obi strip personally with minimal branding on the box in a similar manner to book publisher logos. That way you can just slip it behind the cover art once bought.

In their defense all threads go off the rails for the game and ppl been spouting no single player content even tho they said there would be. That all said your point still stands

My first Gt I'm excited

In a game with a livery editor (that's still in right?) how much can you really do in cosmetic dlc? In tune with other racers, paid add-ons would likely include tracks, cars, etc which are not cosmetic.

Fuck knows then, they will most certainly find a way to rinse people of money. I assume it will be grinding for hours to get the cars you want vs paying real world money to get them quicker.

Something will be in place, the way Uncharted 4 MP is there is no way Sony will not at least do something with GT Sport. The latter is going to mainly be a MP game and people played GT5 like fucking crazy online, unfortunately there will be something.

I don't really care because that's games these days, it's stupid to think a GAAS game which GT Sport basically is will not want in on the action. It remains one of Sonys biggest franchises and I would say most important, GT6 just being so fucking stupid with its release date.

The scope for expansions and support is obviously there, PD can easily evolve the game throughout the rest of PS4's life and I fully expect them to do that. I know whatever happens, I'll easily get by £40 worth from this game.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Nice, it's the one game that has me considering finally getting a PS4. I'd like to know more about the campaign...

Sorry, I don't have time to pay close attention to every game. I've watched a good number of the trailers they've put out, and none of them have told me what the SP campaign is going to be like. They've said from the beginning that the focus was going to be on MP and e-sports, so I have a right to be skeptical.

PtKid

Banned
The GT franchise has been losing its status due to numerous delays, questionable design choices and long development time.

The way i see it, GT Sport is another mismanaged project. I applaud Kaz for doing something different, however alienating their user base is not the way to go about it.

GT Sport should have always been a SP game FIRST and then a FIA online game as an extra. Whatever they call "campaign" is not what GT fans are used to. What makes GT career so fun is the progression and the car collection, not 100 events which seem all taken out of license schools.

StereoVsn

The GT franchise has been losing its status due to numerous delays, questionable design choices and long development time.

The way i see it, GT Sport is another mismanaged project. I applaud Kaz for doing something different, however alienating their user base is not the way to go about it.

GT Sport should have always been a SP game FIRST and then a FIA online game as an extra. Whatever they call "campaign" is not what GT fans are used to. What makes GT career so fun is the progression and the car collection, not 100 events which seem all taken out of license schools.
Yeah, if there is no racing SP progression and no car collecting/upgrades, at least for me there is no point. Meh...

cakely

We haven't seen a GT game in four years. I think it's a little early to say that the entire franchise has lost status.

Let GTS get released and we'll look at the sales and the reviews: then we can talk about the decline of the franchise.

With this few cars we're definitely not going to have any premium and standard models of cars nonsense right? I'm referring to those cars in GT5 and 6 that had like PS2 quality underbodies and stuff.

Grassy

I'm going to buy it anyway, but I do hope there is more of a traditional single-player campaign with the Sunday Cup etc.

Not to be that guy but watch the sales difference between GT and Forza be night and day...

I mean, is there anyone disputing this? I think we all know it will sell 5 million+, it's not really a bold prediction.

It also helps that this is the first current-gen Gran Turismo release 4 years into this generation and people are thirsty AF, meanwhile there will have been 3 Forza Motorsport games this gen by the time GT Sport comes out...

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
You might need to adjust either braking thresholds in-game (super simple) or physically trim down the foam stopper built into the brake pedal, if my unit was any indication. They went a little overboard on that line trying to give the brakes a certain feel.
I didnt buy one. But if and when i do ill keep that in mind.

How has it lost it's status? On Forums? Not all of the events are license tests , Jesus. man.... Doesn;t matter what GT fans are used to, you cannot expect the same SP mode forever, especially one that was already stale from reviewers point if view...Maybe wait to see what Sp has first, there are races.

Arex

Cool! can't wait to see more info closing into the launch :)

Regarding number of cars, or the lack of them, I still had a blast with GT3 with its 180 cars, so if they can do the other things right (maybe just copy paste parts of t he old the GT campaigns X: ) I will be satisfied!

In the end I will just drive around the Ring enjoying the view lol

Looking forward to the first GT game on PS4, that still sounds crazy huh lol? It's been essentially 4 years since PS4's launch when this ships in October...

My only complaints so far are the amount of cars, LOD pop-in and some shadows...

I'll be buying the standard edition, hopefully its on sale during Black Friday.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
And what if it won't? That would be mean that Kaz is genius and he really understands what people want.

btw, they updated sales numbers:

11 months ago – http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1261191

now

they sold another 160,000 copies of GT6 since then and 10,000 copies of GT PSP

GT6 criminally undersold. It's understandable considering it released after the PS4 came out but that game was an improvement over GT5 in every way.

GT6 criminally undersold. It's understandable considering it released after the PS4 came out but that game was an improvement over GT5 in every way.

GT1-GT2 huge difference
GT3-GT4 huge difference

GT6 felt like GT5 remix or GT5 anniversary edition. GT5 had such a protracted release, they really should've moved on but they had to put a bow on it. GT6 the game wasn't worthy of the name.

Either this will be a huge hit or it'll flop like GT6. I don't know, hardly feeling much buzz about this one, especially with the release date being announced out of nowhere. To be fair, the same release date nonsense happened with 5 too.

Definitely not in with the focus on multiplayer, but good luck to you Kaz.

FYI: Shocking that both of the PS4's premier exclusive racers got delayed by a whole bloody year. I mean I see improvements in graphics but nothing dramatic like Driveclub.

Best wishes.

Top Bottom