• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport Previews

Rellik

I agree. Not to take away anything from them, since they do look gorgeous, but they are in a way dishonest, creating a greater sense of graphical/stylistic quality that just isn't present when you actually play it. I still love them, but yeah, HZD simply never looked as good when I played it as it did in his gifs. :)

Yep. It's annoying when people post them because you'll see people post "Wow I have to play this game now" not knowing it's bullshot bs.

Speaking on advertising, GT Sport is now being advertised all over UK TV. It's pretty much every ad break.

Yep. It's annoying when people post them because you'll see people post "Wow I have to play this game now" not knowing it's bullshot bs.

Speaking on advertising, GT Sport is now being advertised all over UK TV. It's pretty much every ad break.

There are lots of un-edited Gifs here as well. Let's not pretend the game isn't gorgeous.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
It's only dishonest if it's used to advertise GT Sport by Polyphony, and them saying it's real time.

As it stands, it's just a fan creating GIFs of his favourite moments.

I'm not sure why some of you are so pissed about it really. It's pathetic actually.

Agreed. Making mountains out of molehills just because a fan has fun creating things that he enjoyed during his playtime.

In any event, keep the gifs coming, as many of us enjoy watching them!

SliChillax

Just wondering if this game has visible chassis tuning like if I change the camber does it actually show the wheel angled inside or when I change the ride height does it actually lower the car like in NFS 2015?

Just wondering if this game has visible chassis tuning like if I change the camber does it actually show the wheel angled inside or when I change the ride height does it actually lower the car like in NFS 2015?
What was the last GT game that didn't have this? Was there ever one??
Of course GTS has this, every racing sim or sim-lite or whatever has this nowadays.

JP

It makes absolutely no sense to me at all that some people could have issues with the GIFs posted here, I think some people are reading far too much into the images. They are what the are and should be treated as such by people considering buying the game, if anybody hands over money for a game based solely on a few homemade GIFs without investigating the game any further, then it's their own bloody fault and they have nobody else to blame for handing over money without knowing what they're getting in exchange.

I'd be very happy to see far more GIFs in here than we currently get.

Release date can't come soon enough for me, having got hold of a new 4K/HDR TV on Friday I really can't wait to see how good this looks in HDR. I'm so excited for this game.

ethomaz

Banned

I agree. Not to take away anything from them, since they do look gorgeous, but they are in a way dishonest, creating a greater sense of graphical/stylistic quality that just isn't present when you actually play it. I still love them, but yeah, HZD simply never looked as good when I played it as it did in his gifs. :)
Let's pretend the game didn't look like that due a slow motion effect lol

It is like some guys saying Replay looks way better than gameplay when in GTS case its only add motion blur.

JamboGT

This might seem a little silly, but am really disappointed with how GTPlanet is nowadays, is so negative that, being a fan of the game, I actually don't feel welcome there anymore despite posting since the GT3/4 days.

Criticism is great and everything but I also like to be excited and I personally can't wait for the release.

This might seem a little silly, but am really disappointed with how GTPlanet is nowadays, is so negative that, being a fan of the game, I actually don't feel welcome there anymore despite posting since the GT3/4 days.

Criticism is great and everything but I also like to be excited and I personally can't wait for the release.
This is my first Gt and things haven’t exactly been fun and rainbows here either. I’ve learned more about project cars and forza 7 in these threads than Gt

JamboGT

This is my first Gt and things haven’t exactly been fun and rainbows here either. I’ve learned more about project cars and forza 7 in these threads than Gt

Its been part of GT since project gotham racing really, but with each release it increases. In many ways it is good for the consumer as having more options is great but its not been great for racing game forum threads haha.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Lexus LC500 confirmed
lexusp9siz.png

Ha, when I saw the commercials for that car, I told my wife, "that will be fun to drive in the new GT". She said it looked like it was made for car racing games, even the commercial had a "this is fun to play with" vibe.

djjinx2

I think with the advertising starting to ramp up the hype will come, PD need to show fog and rain and a new final trailer and the negativity shall be gone!

ethomaz

Banned

The only move I did not like in GTPlanet was to start to cover others racing games... it is GTPlanet for one reason so why bother with Forza, pCARs, F1, etc.

I stopped to go there because that.

farisr

Lexus LC500 confirmed
lexusp9siz.png

And a nice look at the final version of the Tokyo track

https://youtu.be/jKeF6dzSk8U?t=1783

PD worked some magic on that compared to the beta. Their city tracks usually look fantastic, but for whatever Tokyo looked rather bland in the beta. Now it looks like what you'd hope for.
Timestamp was off: https://youtu.be/jKeF6dzSk8U?t=546

But yeah, a terrific improvement. I didn't actually get to check it out in the beta I missed the times it was in rotation, but last year, a lot of the buildings looked straight out of a PS2 game. Looking especially great with the chase cam and more of the environment on display at the same time.

I think with the advertising starting to ramp up the hype will come, PD need to show fog and rain and a new final trailer and the negativity shall be gone!

This close to release and still no sign of it, it's really not looking like weather is going to be in the game at all, unless they add it in after launch, like DriveClub.

Lots of good OT titles. I think I like the "putting it all on the line" the best since it perfectly describes GTS as a title.

Any help with the OT is welcome btw :D

farisr

Speaking of weather:

GT5 Weather Effects Trailer

one of my favs, the moment at the 34 second mark combined with the leadup to it is probably the most hype I've ever gotten from a GT trailer.

Missing the classic GT trailers, the ones they've released for this haven't really done anything for me, that E3 trailer's music selection sounded like something out of a 90s family movie.

Really far off from trailers like this: GT6 Start Your Engines

Timestamp was off: https://youtu.be/jKeF6dzSk8U?t=546

But yeah, a terrific improvement. I didn't actually get to check it out in the beta I missed the times it was in rotation, but last year, a lot of the buildings looked straight out of a PS2 game. Looking especially great with the chase cam and more of the environment on display at the same time.
Holy crap I can’t stand watching him drive, it’s like he has never played racing games fore.

JP

I mean, it did look like this with less than 6 months to release (before the 1 year delay)

IpI23qk.jpg

I was directly replying to somebody who didn't believe that people ever doubted that the game would look good. I know how it looked when it was first shown, I wouldn't have said what I did if I wasn't aware of what happened at the time.

What you said is probably a great deal more relevant to the person that I initially quoted than it is to me?

Are these real life footage? My word, never saw the people in the background before and they move so lifelike too.

Man, those 90 days of polish is bringing GTS to all sorts of levels. PD said they never had such time to polish a title and it's showing. This seems to be eclipsing Motorstorm Pacific Rift in the amount of polish it received from demo to final release....

Best looking/most realistic graphics in a racer by far. All they have to do right now is show some weather and ensure the framerate is great..

ATD ladies and gents, like I have been saying ATD....

Reduced pictures are always more impressive , in full size the wow effect are not the same...

thelastword

Banned
I was directly replying to somebody who didn't believe that people ever doubted that the game would look good. I know how it looked when it was first shown, I wouldn't have said what I did if I wasn't aware of what happened at the time.

What you said is probably a great deal more relevant to the person that I initially quoted than it is to me?
I find it odd, because, when was the last time we had a crappy looking GT? GT/PD has had the reigns on sim visuals from times immemorial...Why would W.I.P detract from that in the slightest?

I think it was fans of other racers trying to downplay GT more than anything. I remember pretty much everybody was blown away by the first GTS trailer, and there's no way PD would release a new gen GT in that state (which the pic depicts), so it's just weird to me is all....It's like saying Naughty Dog will deliver a crappy looking Uncharted or TLOU...Precedence dictates Eh....

Mobius 1

Speaking of weather:

GT5 Weather Effects Trailer

one of my favs, the moment at the 34 second mark combined with the leadup to it is probably the most hype I've ever gotten from a GT trailer.

The day that trailer dropped at TGS, we blew our collective lids. After 7 years, that makes it even more impressive. I still stand by my opinion that Gran Turismo 5 was an engineering marvel.

Missing the classic GT trailers, the ones they've released for this haven't really done anything for me, that E3 trailer's music selection sounded like something out of a 90s family movie.

Really far off from trailers like this: GT6 Start Your Engines

I enjoyed the music reveal trailer for GT Sport, but it will be difficult to top GT5's E3, Red Bull, 458 Italia and Night Racing trailers.

I am asking this out of curiosity as I have never played the Forza series and just played old PS2 era GT few times. I know GT has been the king of racers on consoles but lately it has been getting backlash especially the newer ones from PS3 era. And now I hear a lot of criticism about GTS. But on the other hand Forza series has been getting amazing reviews every time. So what is Forza doing right that GT series is not doing right any more? To me graphically GT is still the king even compared to XBX version. Is it the content? physics? overall game experience? I am curious about this as a gamer and not a racing game fan.

Forza 7 may be a fantastic looking game, but it still looks like a game. Somehow gimmicky and like toy cars on a toy circuit. And that's mostly down to lighting.

But GT Sport? Damn, that looks fine as hell. It always astonishes me how realistic the lighting looks in this game. Some replays really feel very lifelike.

If we could have a Forza with the graphics of GT it would probably be the best racing game of all time.

not with that Forza driving physics

I am asking this out of curiosity as I have never played the Forza series and just played old PS2 era GT few times. I know GT has been the king of racers on consoles but lately it has been getting backlash especially the newer ones from PS3 era. And now I hear a lot of criticism about GTS. But on the other hand Forza series has been getting amazing reviews every time. So what is Forza doing right that GT series is not doing right any more? To me graphically GT is still the king even compared to XBX version. Is it the content? physics? overall game experience? I am curious about this as a gamer and not a racing game fan.

You hear more about GT simply because its more popular.

During the PS3 gen, PD were ambitious. They did dynamic night and day, weather, new disciplines and a lot of SP content. No other game offered what GT5 did at the time, but as a result the performance took a hit. The game was also full of content (1000 cars, course creator etc) but to have such a high car count PD imported PS2 models (250 PS3 models, 750 PS2). Some fans did not mind due to physics still being consistent across all and enjoyed driving the older models, while some did not like the graphical disparity. Still the game was second to none graphically at its best and had massive content.

With GTS PD wanted a refresh with the game design but also the car models. As a result the car count is now at 170, but the models are high fidelity. Track count took a hit as well and to keep performance and graphics there is no dynamic system. The biggest worry for some is the SP content: instead the usual championships every racing game has had for the last 20 years, PD decided to have a challenge mode and driving etiquette mode. It remains to be seen what is exactly in the former but some have already jumped to conclusions. New additions to the franchise is the online championships with rating system, scapes mode (the final evolution of photomode), VR, livery editor and other tweaks.

A point can be made that GTS lacks quantity but the reason many are excited is because what is there is of high quality. Graphics wise its second to none. Its photomode and livery editor are also at the top. Physics wise, its not up there with PC sims, but still a good representation of realism (certainly better than what Forza has become). Online is also at the forefront with driver and racing ratings. There's a certain ethos PD bring to the sim genre that is still so unique and immediately recognisable once playing their games.

The day that trailer dropped at TGS, we blew our collective lids. After 7 years, that makes it even more impressive. I still stand by my opinion that Gran Turismo 5 was an engineering marvel.

I enjoyed the music reveal trailer for GT Sport, but it will be difficult to top GT5's E3, Red Bull, 458 Italia and Night Racing trailers.

Yeah, wish PD put out more GTS trailers compared to how much they put out for GT5. The E3 one was a return to form but those GT5 trailers were outstanding.

A lot of the time the only edits I make are to do with colour correction, footage is also slowed down to 24fps. The main reason they look so good is it takes time, sometimes even hours to capture the perfect footage. Getting the best looking lighting, smooth camera angles, best looking action of the character or car etc. It's all about capturing the highest point in the games I play. And it's all been worth it as apart from the compliments I'm currently in Amsterdam this month and have been since last week working with Guerrilla on a project because of the gifs I posted :D

Gestault

A lot of the time the only edits I make are to do with colour correction, footage is also slowed down to 24fps. The main reason they look so good is it takes time, sometimes even hours to capture the perfect footage. Getting the best looking lighting, smooth camera angles, best looking action of the character or car etc. It's all about capturing the highest point in the games I play. And it's all been worth it as apart from the compliments I'm currently in Amsterdam this month and have been since last week working with Guerrilla on a project because of the gifs I posted :D

Thank you for all the work around the community. Your compositions are absolutely stellar. Your Twitter output is something I always look forward to (your F1 clips recently are some of my favorites, bar none).

Top Bottom