• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Desaan

I saw 2 pedestrians and a car on screen at one time. That was the most I saw at once in 20mins, not even joking!

MormaPope

Banned
So no special abilitys in GTAO?

I'd guess no on that. Rockstar somehow was able to harbor and implement bullet time and all sort of crazy shit happen in Max Payne 3 multiplayer. But for GTA V that would be incredibly challenging. Could be a meter for deathmatch game modes, but I doubt it.

Simo

So no special abilitys in GTAO?

Activating your special ability (pushing in the analogue sticks) is used for gesturing or "actions" like flipping the bird.

Managed to get on and do a few missions and whatnot but got kicked out a couple of times.

Loomba

Figured the servers couldn't handle the traffic, although it just has launched; people need to be patient. Give it a few hours at least.

Mr. F

Banned
You know, people complain about the handholding in games these days, but stuff like this is why it happens.

The tutorial told you how.

To be fair, V's tool tips come and go pretty quick and can be easy to miss depending on whatever's happening on screen.

You know, people complain about the handholding in games these days, but stuff like this is why it happens.

The tutorial told you how.

To be fair, this game has terribly timed and placed tutorial messages.

To be fair to those messages, you can read them all in the pause menu if you miss them.

MormaPope

Banned
Pedestrian and vehicle density has been toned down extremely, its to be expected though. The streets of Los Santos in GTA Online look lonely now.

To be fair, this game has terribly timed and placed tutorial messages.

To be fair to those messages, you can read them all in the pause menu if you miss them.

This was a pretty common problem for me for GTA V. I didn't know right on the d-pad could change headlight brightness or be used a interact button for almost everything, until I played for 12 hours or so on my first playthough.

Simo

I think I earned around $12,000 right off the bat too but clothing is about 4 times more expensive than SP. =/

Also more interiors or stores are featured in the beginning for you to rob.

KAP151

this waiting for other players icon is amaxzing. 2 resets and i cant even get into the first thing in the game.....

Mr. F

Banned
Stupid broken piece of shit. They hid GTA Online to keep it from dragging review scores down.

Biggest game of the year will do that. Given the problems with SocialClub for the first few days it was probably inevitable this would happen no matter when they launched it.

MormaPope

Banned
Loss/Theft protection added in as a car customization option. You can buy a tracker and something else for your car in that category.

MormaPope

Banned
anyone else get horrendous pop in during the intro movie, like laughingly bad?

A fellow Gaffer is streaming right now and the pop in was really bad when he first booted it up. General performance seems fine or good, haven't seen that much chaos and such in free roam so far.

Eusis

And they knew it.
... And given how the SP already fucked up the servers it was likely more a strategic call to ensure relatively smooth performance versus a more extreme congestion. Plus given the scale pf the MP they would've just played with other journalists, had a smooth experience, and reviewed THAT.

I can't believe they marked food items + convenience stores in MP but didn't in SP. And you can get health from killed enemies. The eff Rockstar, those would've been helpful in SP y'know .............

Hmm, I probably won't be touching this for a few days. All the initial problems won't be worth it. I’ve still gotta finish off the single-player anyway.

Top Bottom