• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Well, the inevitable connection problems means I can try (try) to make a character that doesn't look like a sack of shit. Back to the character creation... Shudder

Edit: Actually, scrap that. Now I'm stuck on the deleting character screen :/

yeah... I kept losing my PS3 characters as it would say they were corrupted

At least my 360 version character isnt deleted, just cant get past the race mission at the beginning

Tawpgun

No? It uses the same option you chose for the singleplayer. So you played the singleplayer with lock-on?

What?

No I played single player with free aim. But if no one else uses free aim in MP then fuck it, I'm not going to nerf myself.

GTAIV had the option of setting up a game with no lock on. RDR managed to implement a no lock on mode later on after much request for it.

Why wouldn't they do it here. Mind boggling.

After playing it some more I definitely see the potential in GTA online. The game modes are fun and I like the implementation of them. Death matches are really fun too, very reminiscent of the Max Payne game released last year, not quite as good( Max Payne was phenomenal, I regret not playing it more) but still fun. one issue though is I don't think matchmaking is separating people by aim modes; I've been going into matches with free aim and getting my ass kicked by people who were seemingly snapping to me, switched to assisted and started doing alot better. Or I could suck at this game, who knows.

Static Jak

Can't say I'm enjoying the character creation. I don't mind the whole "pick your parents and grandparents" but the options are generally ugly to something resembling normal.

Which, thanks to only letting me tweak hairstyles (of which are largely receding hairlines), leaves me fumbling around with different parents until I gave up and just hit random over and over till something somewhat human came out the other end.

Unfortunately they all seem to have the same body type of a skinny meth head.

Imagine 4 of the ugliest people on the planet, these are your parents and grandparents, adjust sliders to choose how much you resemble grandmama, grandpapa, mama & papa. Then in lifestyle, don't choose criminal activity because it will make you look like a meth addict because criminals can never be attractive.

-.- This must be the dumbest c.a.c ever. Why can't they make something like APB, WWE, or even fucking Saints Row? I just want to create a redhead Kate Upton in blue bikini -.-

xBladeM6x

The fact that I can't host my own private lobby with just friends is making this entire experience completely unplayable and completely fucking garbage for me.

Fuck people on this game. This is some Hyper-Darwinist bullshit in this game.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
'Hey you're suppose to go the other way!'

LOL, yup..

Mastah

I chose Claude as my father, so I had to buy familiar clothes :)

0_0.jpg

Ultimadrago

Imagine 4 of the ugliest people on the planet, these are your parents and grandparents, adjust sliders to choose how much you resemble grandmama, grandpapa, mama & papa. Then in lifestyle, don't choose criminal activity because it will make you look like a meth addict because criminals can never be attractive.

I died.

Striker

Crummy character customization, ick. Also hit with the race trigger bug lol.

Just traveled around, found an ATM and stored most of my cash. Doubt it saved!

Says the rockstar game service is actually down for me. Completely. Some people are still at least getting online? Very odd. My game won't even try.

MechaZain

Banned
They could have at least rented some more servers for the launch, this is ridiculous and not even the worst of it.

And if they were really intent on the heritage thing, why not have a normal CAC and then show parents and grandparents based off of it instead of the frustrating other way around?

Omni

Impressions don't exactly sound all that great. Actually, they sound horrible.

Good thing I didn't buy the game to play multiplayer.

Not working for me, besides the create a character, which would apparently only be a temporary character even if I got a game going.

On a side note: Claude and Misty make an ugly fucking daughter, but the son looked alright.

Wait, so you can't have a lobby where it's just you and your friends doing things co-op and messing around?

Do you HAVE to be matched with other players?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Best one I've seen by far! What kind of settings did you use?

I'm really not quite sure, lol, character creator really doesn't show off how much nicer they will look in game. I just settled on an iffy one and it came out great, so if you can make an alright looking one it should come out good too.

ZenVolta

Since I couldnt get past the "race" bs. I just messed about ditching cops and killing dudes that seemed to insta-respawn for some quick cash/rank.

But now that iv left, I cant get back in. So thats a thing.

My dude.
U2ozIHk.jpg

Top Bottom