• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Arcteryx

So are the Cloud servers still down? I tried jumping on earlier but was informed they were down and I could only use a 'temporary character' but, with the servers being as dodgy as they have been, I'm worried my main account/character has been compromised.

Working(slowly) on PS3 atm.

copyright infringement ahoy

AU2iNRo.jpg

keKhqon.jpg

Damn man i want one like this :)

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, so either I somehow forgot I already did Mixed Up With Coke before, or it cuts the payout in half even if you failed the mission. :/

Wait, what? Sorry, I might've missed something, are payouts halved if you've done a mission before?

EDIT: As in, if you've done it once EVER, are payouts permanently halved?

c3t

Banned
Man, this stat delay is beginning to annoy me. I have the cash to buy the tank, but I can't because it won't save. :'(

Wait, what? Sorry, I might've missed something, are payouts halved if you've done a mission before?

EDIT: As in, if you've done it once EVER, are payouts permanently halved?

Yes, payouts are halved once you have completed the mission once. Once you start repeating the missions, you get half of the cut.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
played Criminal Record for an hour and it says SAVE SUCCESSFUL. When I see jobs listed, it's no details and when I start it, the mission automatically fails.

>_>

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
That sucks. Rockstar seems intent on patching xp/cash tricks rather than fixing issues with the game.

Money and RP issues as far as I am aware are all sorted server side, the patches haven't reduced anything, Violent Duct payout for instance was reduced before the patch hit that everyone then blamed for doing it. If you read the patch notes each does fix some issues, but things like the cloud being down aren't going to be fixed via a patch, and I can't imagine it is fun having some bug, glitch, or cheat crop up almost every day, lol, these patches take time to sort, test and send to cert.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Ok I logged off and logged back on

any of the jobs you call or sent are automatically failing

AHHHHHHH I leveled up to 37 an hour ago now I'm back to 31 -_-

Money and RP issues as far as I am aware are all sorted server side, the patches haven't reduced anything, Violent Duct payout for instance was reduced before the patch hit that everyone then blamed for doing it. If you read the patch notes each does fix some issues, but things like the cloud being down aren't going to be fixed via a patch, and I can't imagine it is fun having some bug, glitch, or cheat crop up almost every day, lol, these patches take time to sort, test and send to cert.

Yeah I know. I meant that for whatever reason Rockstar seems to be able to hotfix a lot of issues just because the way the game is coded. They seem to give too much priority to killing farming and "punishing" the player. In other instances it is beneficial, like the reduction of medical bills.

My argument is that Rockstar should focus on gamebreaking issues, like the laughable passive mode or broken spawn system. I believe issues like those should hold higher priority.

I assume it's easier to change payout number for mission X rather than change some of the games function through an official patch. I understand it but it still rubs me the wrong way.

I know this is a gross oversimplification how how the system works but I feel my point is still communicated.

So I just got the Mixed Up with Coke job from Martin. Anyone want to join?

I would love to play jobs, you planning on playing a bunch? What you planning to do after mixed up with coke?

Send me a party inv as im on.

EDIT: Woah should have refreshed. Anyone currently playing and doing jobs?

Online might've just stabilized itself...no more saving problems and I was able to take some photos

iKh5E6xlQmsm5.jpg

ibs8FQgNmRxffi.jpg

Finally bothered to change my appearance now that I have a place to stay

One odd thing I noticed here though....you can't equip a necklace and a bangle at the same time....why? They're nowhere near each other on the body

todahawk

Online might've just stabilized itself...no more saving problems and I was able to take some photos

iKh5E6xlQmsm5.jpg

ibs8FQgNmRxffi.jpg

One odd thing I noticed here though....you can't equip a necklace and a bangle at the same time....why? They're nowhere near each other on the body

OUT OF MEMORY PLEASE TRY ANOTHER BODY PART

iKh5E6xlQmsm5.jpg

ibs8FQgNmRxffi.jpg

It's weird. you can have a watch and a bangle/bracer at the same time. But not earrings and a bangle

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
GTA:O feels like extended periods of tedium, frustration, and disappointment dotted by moments of great experiences that unfortunately happen far too infrequently. I was sitting here trying to join job invites and getting "Rockstar servers unavailable" and other such errors wondering to myself why I continue to try and play.

I guess it's the sporadic moments of great fun. So much potential :(

What are the tattoo requirements?

Things like "win 50 races" or "get 50 headshots" or "do 500 of this thing"

I don't think I'll be playing this for that long lol

GTA:O feels like extended periods of tedium, frustration, and disappointment dotted by moments of great experiences that unfortunately happen far too infrequently.

This. Exactly this.

Someone needs to redub the trailer telling the truth about it

todahawk

So have they given everyone the first $250k yet?
HAHAHAHHAahahaaha. nope. they've used that virtual money on virtual servers instead, no joy today for the most part on getting online. money is supposed to be next week last I heard.

I hate that they advertise this on the Social Page

crews-banner.jpg

I want a face bandana!

Beach bum update?

it's all lies.
but a little bird told me bandanananaananas are gonna cost a cool $1k and have to be washed regularly at the laundrymat at a cost of $100 per load.

GTA:O feels like extended periods of tedium, frustration, and disappointment dotted by moments of great experiences that unfortunately happen far too infrequently. I was sitting here trying to join job invites and getting "Rockstar servers unavailable" and other such errors wondering to myself why I continue to try and play.

I guess it's the sporadic moments of great fun. So much potential :(

they've extended their satiric look at like at the USA to their own onine gaming service. It's another level of metagame and i love it... so edgy

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Yeah I know. I meant that for whatever reason Rockstar seems to be able to hotfix a lot of issues just because the way the game is coded. They seem to give too much priority to killing farming and "punishing" the player. In other instances it is beneficial, like the reduction of medical bills.

My argument is that Rockstar should focus on gamebreaking issues, like the laughable passive mode or broken spawn system. I believe issues like those should hold higher priority.

I assume it's easier to change payout number for mission X rather than change some of the games function through an official patch. I understand it but it still rubs me the wrong way.

I know this is a gross oversimplification how how the system works but I feel my point is still communicated.

Oh sure, there's a lot broken that really someone with common sense that tested it out before release should have pointed out as being horribly broken. I'm hoping that they are working on some proper stuff and just aren't saying anything till server issues are solved, that seems to be why they are't giving out any money yet.

It's quite evident that GTAO wasn't finished, the fact that JP is something we keep earning but does nothing at all is proof enough that they ran out of time and have tried to get it out on time. I imagine heists or big missions were supposed to be a big part of GTAO to start with that would have been accessible with JP and would have given us a big payout, but that functionality isn't there which leads to a lot of expensive things and not a lot of good ways to make lots of money without abusing the system.

It's weird. you can have a watch and a bangle/bracer at the same time. But not earrings and a bangle

Yea, this is something I don't get, more annoying is that there is only one watch for female characters, but watches are separate from the other accessory categories that you can only have one of at a time. So I can always wear a watch, but not earrings and a necklace, or bangles and earrings, but always a watch regardless.

Acorn

I feel like I've probably had my fill of this now. Progress is achingly slow now with all the nerfs with races being the only viable way to progress. Good luck finding a race that isn't at the jail or in the storm drains, you'll need ever better luck to avoid a session of bumper cars too.

Argh.

Ploid 3.0

they've extended their satiric look at like at the USA to their own onine gaming service. It's another level of metagame and i love it... so edgy

It makes their ingame jabs at DLC, and f2p more interesting. They talk about farmville, apps, and all that, now they are putting us through glitch hell losing our characters and progress. Jokes on us.

Edit: To the above, yep, like the guy below me said, races. Criminal Records is said to be nerfed but I don't know what they nerfed. The money was good for such a basic circle track.

I played for an hour or so earlier today, pocketed 30k+ and was halfway from 32 to 33. Just logged in, both rank and money were back to what they were when I stopped playing last night. Had several "save successful" messages while playing today, so those are no promise of safety. Not a harsh loss but annoying nonetheless.

Strangely, but thankfully, it saved the new cars I garaged today.

todahawk

It makes their ingame jabs at DLC, and f2p more interesting. They talk about farmville, apps, and all that, now they are putting us through glitch hell losing our characters and progress. Jokes on us.

Edit: To the above, yep, like the guy below me said, races. Criminal Records is said to be nerfed but I don't know what they nerfed. The money was good for such a basic circle track.

for the love of god they nerfed criminal records???
what
is
left???

you-mad4.gif

1364765856012.gif

jack_mad.gif

tumblr_m98j89KUwj1qd88tjo5_500.gif

Top Bottom