• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

My stats aren't really increasing, (level 10) does it just happen naturally or am I missing something? Also is it possible to change my personal car without a garage?

Ploid 3.0

My stats aren't really increasing, (level 10) does it just happen naturally or am I missing something? Also is it possible to change my personal car without a garage?

By stats you mean things like Driving, Flying, shooting, and stamina?

You can change cars by taking it to Los Santos Customs and installing trackers and that insurance on it. It will replace your old car. No garage needed, just money. If you had a garage you get the tracker and insurance thing for free when you drive the car inside your garage.

Codeblew

Have you tried going to the cash store, that forces a character save. I think I did that before checking the site. Though it may be risky because you could probably freeze during the transition to the store (though I have never froze during that from what I can remember, only transitioning from other things like post job to free roam loading).

The thing about going to the cash store to trigger a save is that you aren't leaving online mode like going to single player to trigger a save.

This kinda makes me wonder if people could dupe money if trading was still available. Save before trading, give someone all your money then turn off the console. Who knows, maybe that what the people that give millions away to random people were doing.

Yeah, I did that when Revenginee recommended it on the previous page. It does not give any indication that it actually worked though. I guess I am just paranoid. I already lost 2 levels of progress yesterday.

Imm0rt4l

I destroyed a guys car an hour ago. Just got a thousand dollar reward for continual good behavior.

Well, I said inadvertently set off a chain reaction...I think it's a tad brazen make gameplay assumptions from one story. I'm a "good" player in good standing. I usually play like a skiddish antelope, and I've never been in the bad sport room. I'm honsetly a lil offended you label me "unscrupulous" just because of my opinion.

I think its a bum rap for players to be put in the bad sport room, and not be able to play with their friends because they blew up one too many cars.

You said you blow up cars in self defense, how would you feel if the next time you fired your game up you were forced into the bad boys/girls room?
I didnt label you as anything because your opinion.

Omni

So I join a game. And then I'm booted. So I have to go all the way back to campaign and enter again. And then I get booted again.

I don't even know how to boot. Why can't the game just put me in another lobby? Ehhh.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Well I've started having my first real problem since GTAO started, in the form of not having my progress saved from all my efforts today. Admittedly it wasn't much (going from halfway of 59 to 60) but it's not saving the progress. I hit 60 today and even after having the progress lost, I still have the Grenade Launcher unlocked and equipped though. Might take a break until all these issues with the cloud saves are resolved.

Well I've started having my first real problem since GTAO started, in the form of not having my progress saved from all my efforts today. Admittedly it wasn't much (going from halfway of 59 to 60) but it's not saving the progress. I hit 60 today and even after having the progress lost, I still have the Grenade Launcher unlocked and equipped though. Might take a break until all these issues with the cloud saves are resolved.
What hours were you playing? i was playing yesterday about 11 hours ago to 7 hours ago when i slept, and my stats ad rank have saved on the social club (and assuming if they're fine on there then they're fine on the game). I would have noticed if I had lost even a little bit of RP since i leveled up by escaping the police and then quit, so my rank is a tiny smidge above 42 so i kno the game even saved everything up to the last 5 secs of play time.

Which is worrying since so many people are reporting problems, it makes it feel like a gamble to even play the game if it can seem to work perfect but now people are reporting character loss and money / RP loss again, it should either not work at all than work perfectly for some people while other people's progress is destroyed seemingly at random - the whole thing feels like playing Russian roulette again just like after the first week of launch.

SnakeEyes

Banned
What hours were you playing? i was playing yesterday about 11 hours ago to 7 hours ago when i slept, and my stats ad rank have saved on the social club (and assuming if they're fine on there then they're fine on the game). I would have noticed if I had lost even a little bit of RP since i leveled up by escaping the police and then quit, so my rank is a tiny smidge above 42 so i kno the game even saved everything up to the last 5 secs of play time.

Which is worrying since so many people are reporting problems, it makes it feel like a gamble to even play the game if it can seem to work perfect but now people are reporting character loss and money / RP loss again, it should either not work at all than work perfectly for some people while other people's progress is destroyed seemingly at random - the whole thing feels like playing Russian roulette again just like after the first week of launch.

This isn't an issue with the Social Club taking forever to update, because I have that happening too but I don't overly care. This is all in-game, and the difference between me hitting level 60 and then coming back to find all my progress missing was 6-7 hours.

However, I have just found this on the GTAO forums: http://support.rockstargames.com/hc...box-360-Character-Saving-Issues-in-GTA-Online

I went from level 49 to 66 today and have had zero problems all day. My stats get updated on the Social Club within like 5 minutes too.

I've been playing in an invite only lobby. Maybe that's why I'm not losing anything? That or I guess I'm just lucky to have had no issues.

All this nerfing sucks ass. I just soloed A Titan of a Job on HARD and it only gave me 5k.

Bonus: Blew up 3 nice chaps while they were driving in a single cop car. I rarely grief, but I couldn't resist the opportunity.

By stats you mean things like Driving, Flying, shooting, and stamina?

You can change cars by taking it to Los Santos Customs and installing trackers and that insurance on it. It will replace your old car. No garage needed, just money. If you had a garage you get the tracker and insurance thing for free when you drive the car inside your garage.

Ahhh ok cheers man. Yeah I mean my attributes aren't increasing, I don't want to boost them artificially, but it would be nice to know how to have more influence on them. I'm guessing it's the same as the offline mode?

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
When you have a full garage of really nice cars it is because he repairs them as soon as you park insideyour garage. I also don't mind the limit on calls. What I DO mind is when his dumb ass is like, " uh I can't do that right now."

I called him near some medium-sized office building in the city and he delivered the car to the roof.

edbrat

eh, can anyone rec a total noobs guide to playing GTA online without feeling like a moron and getting screwed over every 5 mins?

Omni

I've noticed a lot of people seem to be unaware of snipers in this game. I bought one and went bounty hunting... so much fun waiting for them to pop their heads out of cover to see why you aren't approaching within auto-lock-on distance.

Trigger

waypoetic

Banned
Yup, i think i might do that as well. I'm tired of this buggy mess and it not working properly. And why the hell is Rockstar waiting to give us the money they promised? It's virtual made-up money, what the hell is taking so long? Just press the button...

daviyoung

Banned
Saving seems to be borked. No other way of playing other than leaving it running. Leaving online resets my character to yesterday's progress.

Marbles

Saving seems to be borked. No other way of playing other than leaving it running. Leaving online resets my character to yesterday's progress.

I lost most of yesterdays progress. I dropped back a level, im 60 grand short and worst of all, I'd maxed out my flying only to have it reset to 25%.

And now it's only gone and crashed just after i'd levelled up. Saving doesn't seem to be any better today. God only know what i'll loose when i reboot.

pringles

3.5k for Last Chopper Out Of LS??? Looool.... used up twice that on ammo/armor as it took a couple attempts on Hard.

Also, so many glitched missions. Trying to do Los Santos Connection and can't hack the terminal. Great.

Love the game but RS are not improving it with every patch as I hoped, they're making it worse.

Acorn

3.5k for Last Chopper Out Of LS??? Looool.... used up twice that on ammo/armor as it took a couple attempts on Hard.

Also, so many glitched missions. Trying to do Los Santos Connection and can't hack the terminal. Great.

Love the game but RS are not improving it with every patch as I hoped, they're making it worse.
Its a joke man.

Finalizer

Don't waste money on armor. It's a useless money sink that barely adds a fraction of additional survivability, and the cost will quickly add up if you keep buying it before each mission/whatever. Also, if you're up for 'em, you can just do Survival runs to stock up on ammo; as long as you're not too trigger happy, you can build up a reserve of ammo for weapon types you actually own. (As in, bought the weapon from Ammu-Nation at one point)

inb4 R* "fixes" this "exploit."

I managed to a Buzzard Attack Chopper to spawn but was only in it for 2 minutes before people in my free roam session kicked me, I hadn't even destroyed a vehicle with it :(. I did not even know it was possible to kick someone from a session

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Yup, i think i might do that as well. I'm tired of this buggy mess and it not working properly. And why the hell is Rockstar waiting to give us the money they promised? It's virtual made-up money, what the hell is taking so long? Just press the button...

I think they were planning to give out the money once they fixed problems of progress being lost - don't want to be given 250k only to lose it. But it's taking longer than anticipated.

Freaky

Neo Member
Guys , a simple F***ing question.

Do you all lose money due to health care when you die ? I lost 50k for health care !

a friend of mine lost $0 for health car and bail. how come? is it about the skills u choose when u create ur character ?

Anyone got their $250k yet ?

GenericUser

I want to love the online mode so much, but damn is that thing broken right now.

barely able to join any lobbys, I am alone most of the time I enter the game world, can't spray my stolen infernus, game wants me to buy one online with gta dollars (preferably bought with real money). Damn rockstar, you know how to ruin your own reputation FAST.

E92 M3

Guys , a simple F***ing question.

Do you all lose money due to health care when you die ? I lost 50k for health care !

a friend of mine lost $0 for health car and bail. how come? is it about the skills u choose when u create ur character ?

Anyone got their $250k yet ?

The cost of dying has a max fee of $500 dollars now.

bLaiSe

Looks like it got deleted? Alternate link?
It's basically this:
- Set spawning to last location
- Host an invite only lobby
- Go to Rockford hills LSC
- Sell vehicle then immediately press start, go to online->swap character->select the character you sold the car with
- Profit

Acorn

It's basically this:
- Set spawning to last location
- Host an invite only lobby
- Go to Rockford hills LSC
- Sell vehicle then immediately press start, go to online->swap character->select the character you sold the car with
- Profit
Yup. Doesn't matter which customs it is though.

blinkz

I called him near some medium-sized office building in the city and he delivered the car to the roof.

I called him to bring my car and I was not paying attention at the moment and got killed and the mechanic proceeded to joyride my car around the map for 15 minutes. I was too busy laughing about it to even care or go after him.

kmg90

As much as I rage at the errors, issues and bugs of GTA online so far... I have gotten so much enjoyment and laughter when playing with friends when it IS working...

I can't help but chuckle whenever the game's car damage has some uncanny valley bumps sometimes

like how ridiculous the car damage can get/look and still be totally drivable

0_0.jpg

Here is a some backstory to the next photo

Some friends and I were driving down the freeway heading out of LS on the eastern freeway when about 2-3 miles out from the city some cars spontaneously exploded on the opposite side of the freeway... Totally freaked out we stop to see what the hell happened... After driving over to the other side I notice a train with NO Engine car riding the tracks that go under and across the highway... I sped after telling my crew to see this train that magically has no engine car moving down the tracks...

Long story semi-short this engineless train was ONLY appearing on my game and no one else was seeing this. Even weirder the others were not affected by the train when driving into it, however on my game it was still trying to applying physics and damage to their cars (think swing set of death but without the crazy launching effect) after a few runs into the ghost train this is what my buddies car looked like, on his game hardly any damage..

0_0.jpg

Top Bottom