• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Ted

Received my 500k from R*, it was really good timing as I could finally afford a super car to complete my garage.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

I've been too busy to play much recently but when I have had a chance I've still been having issues finding a race that's not CR/DtD. It usually takes three or four "Join Quick Race" attempts to find a group actually racing but it's not the end of the world.

I assume the latest patch didn't fix "Closed" matchmaking to actually mean closed?

BGAF seem to be on a lot less of late so it looks like it might be time for someone to rationalise the crews so any GAF players still playing regularly can link up more easily.

swnny

Had a freeze online about two hours after the recent update, PS3 version. Same thing happened, I heard the radio but screen was frozen. I haven't had any other lock ups since then though.

Thanks, at least it's not just me or my console. ^^ I cleared the system cache and downloaded the updated again just in case... have played few hours since then, no problems for now.

todahawk

So how long until R* patches the jerry can trick to blow up people's cars without getting bad sport points or having to pay for it?

I'm by no means a griefer but I had a lot of fun doing this to the dipshits who camp outside LSC. I'd wait til they go to get ammo or just kill them while they're driving and douse their rides. The process takes a good ten seconds or so, so when you pull it off without them catching you it's pretty satisfying.

how does that work exactly, does their backfire ignite it?

I jerry canned some dipshit's bugatti while he was a few blocks down & fighting with my crew because he thought he'd be funny and shoot people in the back of the head for no reason... I doused it, got impatient, shot the gas trail and figured i'd get charged... which i did.

todahawk

This thread is dying much faster than the online portion of the game... It's not always easy to find full rooms, but I've always got several friends playing when I join a session.

getting put in the community section tends to do that though.... just a lot less eyeballs

Striker

This thread is dying much faster than the online portion of the game... It's not always easy to find full rooms, but I've always got several friends playing when I join a session.
I usually go into my own room because I'd rather not be killed by a random just because I happen to drive or walk by him.

But I've found full rooms fairly easily when I just enter online. Problem I've had is getting together with another crew member; Rockstar needed a party system.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm experiencing the opposite on PS3, most I'm getting is 5-6 other players.

That's what I've always experienced on PS3. Getting into a full room is like winning the lottery...until 3 people leave when there's 4 seconds left for the mission to start. And of course more people leave once it's over, so that full room is now a typical wasteland.

I always got put into full rooms when I had GTA style aiming on. When I switched to free aim is when I started getting thrown in with a handful of players consistently. It's a shame because free aim servers have a much different atmosphere (I don't get blasted just for being in gun range of anyone.)

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
My online character is on ifruiit too but I don't seem to be able to differentiate plates for SP and MP?

You should be able to select your online character, and it'll show your active car (or maybe the first car you insured and tracked if you still have that?) With that selected, go to plates, and choose the custom colour plate - afaik you can only have one custom plate for both online and offline, across all cars. Make an order with that, should be about $200.

Just had someone gift me Franklin's Buffalo Sport. Apparently very rare online.

How do you gift cars? Is it just a glitch thing or is there a legit method?

The Light

When i first get on I'll be placed in a lobby with 4 or 5 people. Joining a new lobby usually puts me in a full one.

Getting a four star wanted level is so frustrating to get out of. Not only you have to worry about swat but other players trying to kill you too. I thought I was going to die quite a few times as I was on a motorcycle. I'm surprised I got away especially when I hid in the corner of a parking garage and both patrol car and armored van drove right by me and didn't notice.

i find simply driving into the grass regions kills wanted levels so insanely quickly and easily. the only thing that can eff it up is it a helicopter tails you, in which case booking it to the windmill farm is usually a surefire getaway. i have no idea why they ditched the 6 star system and made 1 star not really a thing making it essentially a 4 star system

also if people are pestering you while you're doing it just call lester and wipe the slate clean and have fun ripping heads off and getting that level back again

Um, it's automatically downloading an update. It's a couple hundred megs. Anyone know what it is? BEACH BUM PLS

How do you gift cars? Is it just a glitch thing or is there a legit method?

1. Get in the car you want to duplicate
2. Start a job while in the driver's seat. You'll start the mission in the car.
3. Drive the car to your garage.
4. Die twice (quicker than finishing the mission).

The car should be in your garage with a tracker, but you still have to add a tracker to it. The most commonly duped cars are the Space Docker, Franklin's Custom Buffalo, and Trevor's truck. You can get Michael's and Trevor's cars through legitimate means, though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glMhLcwpWCg

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member

Thanks, but I'm not after duping or getting cars from single player.
The guy said "gifting", so I was wondering if there's a service in the game that lets you give cars to friends (i.e. let them permanently keep them in their garage after you've held onto them for a while).

For example, I had a Hummer in my garage, but it deliberately wasn't insured or tracked. I let my friend take it home, but when he tried putting it in his garage, it said it belonged to me. I'm curious as to whether there's a way to remove ownership or something.

Thanks, but I'm not after duping or getting cars from single player.
The guy said "gifting", so I was wondering if there's a service in the game that lets you give cars to friends (i.e. let them permanently keep them in their garage after you've held onto them for a while).

For example, I had a Hummer in my garage, but it deliberately wasn't insured or tracked. I let my friend take it home, but when he tried putting it in his garage, it said it belonged to me. I'm curious as to whether there's a way to remove ownership or something.

Putting it into your Garage auto-installs a tracker. There isn't a way to remove it that I'm aware of.

I keep hearing/seeing people saying that Rockstar is getting rid of Bad Sport (including this jackass earlier who was annoying people in a tank who had to message and gloat how he didn't care because BS is going away in four days) soon but I've yet to find any evidence of it, anyone heard about it or got a link?

CaptNink

Is there any point trying to solo the "jobs" that the characters give you? I tried playing "Meth'd Up" by myself last night because no one would join, and I kept getting my ass kicked once I started driving the RV. There is no way I could shoot and keep that bitch on the road!

The Light

Is there any point trying to solo the "jobs" that the characters give you? I tried playing "Meth'd Up" by myself last night because no one would join, and I kept getting my ass kicked once I started driving the RV. There is no way I could shoot and keep that bitch on the road!

Some jobs are impossible to do solo. I tried doing this job for martin where you take out jurors. Most who joined bailed soon as they died so i restarted it with 1 other person and it still wasn't enough to complete the first part in decent time.

TiVo

Some jobs are impossible to do solo. I tried doing this job for martin where you take out jurors. Most who joined bailed soon as they died so i restarted it with 1 other person and it still wasn't enough to complete the first part in decent time.

Call MerryWeather Backup Chopper.

All missions I play I call them an notice no one online or in my crew does that. They only use the Chopper Pick-Up.

Imm0rt4l

I've been able to complete Judging the jury only once, and that was with 2 other people. I think it's a 3 man job minimum if you're on the ground. But 4 is optimal. It's a really fun mission though!

I like how you have to take one particular juror who's shopping at a gas station, and the cop that's his protective duty is looking at donuts.

DireStr8s

The Buzzard's rockets lock on the jurors & makes this mission easier than it seems. .

Stat!

Last two days.

Someone stole the car we were supposed to steal but ended up driving it around for 20 minutes. If I leave, I get the bad sport.

Another guy, during Top Fun, destroyed some of the jets making the mission impossible.

bud23

GTA Online Free Beach Bum Update Hits Next Week: New Weapons, Vehicles, Jobs and More

actual_1383697789.png

All the new Beach Bum content will be added automatically to GTA Online through our next title update (1.06), and will include two new weapons, a quartet of rugged and fun new vehicles for land and sea, lots of new action-packed Jobs, plus a wide variety of suitably rad new apparel, hairstyle and tattoo customization options.

New Jobs
The Beach Bum update will bring a slew of new action-packed Jobs to GTA Online next week. These include new beach-themed Races, Deathmatches, Parachutes, Last Team Standings, Survivals as well as Gang Attacks for those who enjoy a good territorial skirmish.

New Vehicles
Hit the shore with four sand-and-surf-ready vehicles perfect to take on the all new Beach Bum Races and Vehicle Deathmatches: the BF Bifta dune buggy, the rugged Canis Kalahari off-road truck, the Bravado Paradise beach camper van and making a special return to the GTA series, the fast and stylish Speeder speedboat.

New Weapons
Expand your arsenal with two new free weapons - the compact yet deadly SNS Pistol and the brutal new Broken Bottle melee weapon which is quite effective at delivering the appropriate message in up close and personal encounters

New Customization Options
You'll be able to deck out your GTA Online character with all new beach-ready customization options including stylish board shorts, neon surfer attire, wild tribal tattoos, shaggy hair for that West Coast laissez-faire vibe and more...

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...m-update-hits-next-week-new-weapons-vehi.html

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Rockstar said:
The free Beach Bum update next week is the first of many new content updates you can expect in the weeks and months ahead including Capture the Flag, The Content Creator, Heists and more to be announced.

I wonder if people are going to stick around that long? The online is pretty boring now.

Striker

That also includes people playing the singleplayer connected to Xbox Live. Which I assume quite a few people are still busy with.
Sure, but it wouldn't be so high up right now if no one was playing the MP. I frequently am able to get into big or full parties filled with strangers if I decide to do so.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I'm handing over the reigns of the Gaming Age Family crew to Catdafelix.

He is online much more than I am and is not jumping into the next gen launch like I am. Cat will be handling OT2 and crew invites and boots from here on out.

Like I said in PM if you need any help don't hesitate to reach out to me. Thanks again for carrying the Crew. I'll still jump on from time to time but just don't have the passion needed to continue to run things.

mgssalute.jpg

Tawpgun

I don't think more parachute jump missions is what this multiplayer needs.

Well, 1. We need a wingsuit.

2. The parachute missions should have some variations, it needs to give you extra points for hitting markers while in free fall, have more dodging obstacles, and maybe include certain ones where the object is to fall as close to the ground as you can before pulling the chute.

There should also be ones where they require you to ramp off on a dirt bike or something and jump off,m like in the trailer

eival

sent this back to gamefly yesterday after not touching it for over a month(or when ever 1.04 came out and patched all the glitches), except to get the 500k reimbursement money. when ever the actual heist missions come out ill rent it again which wont be for months cause its going to be the final update.

all their other crap coming out before hand, including this beach pack are nothing but ways to entice you to spend money buying more crap in-game so you'll eventually run out and be more inclined to start purchasing their microtransaction packs since they gimped every mission to where none of them feel like you're rewarded fairly for the time spent, but you "dont wanna be the only guy in your crew without the fresh new duds tho right!?" or what ever physiological scenario they think causes people to finally cave-in to paying real cash.

then even when heists do come, i guarantee, since a normal race takes $100 out of your bank each time you do one, i can almost guarantee you'll have to pay Lester a large lump sum before even doing a heist as "set up fees" and if you die, you wont get the cash back and will have to spend that same amount to retry it.

this has joined Gears Judgment as the most disappointing titles of the year that i assumed would have had a long lasting "replayability" factor based on the multiplayer aspects, which neither of them delivered on and both severally cut out content and modes that their predecessors had which created that assumption for the next game.

Top Bottom