• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V released in advance in France

kharma45

Not here from amazon uk yet
Not me nor my girlfriend. Theres a few people i know who ordered on amazon and haven't received it here in the uk yet, are the ones posted online even legit? Like the receipt i saw for it earlier in the thread supposedly from amazon uk on the receipt it says £29 as far as i know it hasn't even been available at £29 even on early preorder price

Yeah they're legit. Here's the pics three guys I have on FB posted (first one I cropped him out). There was more but they were the first few that sprang to mind.

Edit - Another three.

Gwglh5r.jpg

SJ3JOid.jpg

6LB8J1Q.jpg

1176160_10201616708796277_2134603259_n.jpg

1239900_616858071670585_249927956_n.jpg

jswzkQ0.jpg

All Northern Ireland if that makes a difference, maybe they posted ours earlier by mistake. For the sake of a fiver should've done the same and went Amazon. Hindsight is a great thing.

UrbanRats

Goddamn R* Warehouse... ship the fucking thing, and SHIP IT WITH EXPRESS DELIVERY!

Man i'm so mad, they wouldn't let me choose the type of delivery, because a preorder has free delivery, herp derp, but now i don't now if it's standard or express.
I would've gladly paid for express, for fuck's sake.

Free delivery is cool, but if i WANT to pay more to have it sooner, let me do that!

Metalmarc

Yeah they're legit. Here's the pics three guys I have on FB posted (first one I cropped him out). There was more but they were the first few that sprang to mind.

Edit - Another three.

All Northern Ireland if that makes a difference, maybe they posted ours earlier by mistake. For the sake of a fiver should've done the same and went Amazon. Hindsight is a great thing.

damn i think you should've then in that case

GatorBait

I don't understand Rockstar's handling of the breaking of the street date. They've been going all out banning accounts and sending out copyright notices, but they had to have known that this is the 21st century and the street date is going to be broken and social media is going to spread opinion and media all over the internet.

I'm just surprised a company like Rockstar hasn't figured out a more progressive way to achieve whatever ends they are trying to achieve.

Edit - Another three.

The smartprice tin of tuna had me bussing up with laughter #studentfood

Frodo

I'm not sure if I should be baffled by a 11 years old getting a PEGI 18 game and the parents recording the moment, or by the vertical orientation of the phone whilst shooting the video.

Maybe I should go with both.

alan666

Banned
I'm not sure if I should be baffled by a 11 years old getting a PEGI 18 game and the parents recording the moment, or by the vertical orientation of the phone whilst shooting the video.

Maybe I should go with both.

i have seen that video & i am disgusted, those parents are the reason why us gamers get such bad press.

people have been reporting them to PEGI, Rockstar, the police in France from what i have been reading online, i hope they get made a example of !

Cyborg

I called a few(10) stores in the Netherlands and the are all holding to the nightlaunch. No early sales

Honestly, I think Developer should release like a 25% demo of the complete game,for the reviews and gaming mags.

Yes, all Release dates should be on a Friday.

Developers and the packaging companies for the game need to have a close eye on the product and not deliver to the companies of retail until the day before release, to cut down on the leaks.

inner-G

Banned
What a bunch of shit.

US shouldn't be held back FFS, this is GTA!

I'll wait - I don't know if I want to contribute to their first week numbers if we're getting treated like second class citizens.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
What a bunch of shit.

I'll wait - I don't know if I want to contribute to their first week numbers if we're getting treated like second class citizens.
This is a joke right. There is a release date. You can wait one day.

Patience is a virtue.

Order

What a bunch of shit.

Not getting a video game early = second class citizen now.

Theecliff

Banned
What a bunch of shit.

You think you're getting treated like a second class citizen... because you'll have to wait for the launch day to get a game? Are you fucking kidding me?

This is one of the most hilariously entitled reactions I've ever read.

Edit: Oh, you were kidding? I seriously can't tell sometimes on here! :L

Prologue

i have seen that video & i am disgusted, those parents are the reason why us gamers get such bad press.

people have been reporting them to PEGI, Rockstar, the police in France from what i have been reading online, i hope they get made a example of !

tumblr_static_jim_carey_lol_gif.gif

KaYotiX

Banned
I dunno what bothers me more, That the kid got an 18 or that he's crying over a material possession.

Yeah, crying over a game makes me think his priorities are messed up...

also pretty bad parenting IMO. Yeah I grew up on Doom and other "mature" games but those games are nowhere near as realistic and brutal as todays games.

UrbanRats

What a bunch of shit.

Aussies should probably start rioting in the streets, with that attitude, lol.

Not to be a dick, but the US, usually, are hardly "second class citizens", calm down man.

EDIT: Oh so you were kidding, alright.

Prologue

Yeah, crying over a game makes me think his priorities are messed up...

also pretty bad parenting IMO. Yeah I grew up on Doom and other "mature" games but those games are nowhere near as realistic and brutal as todays games.

I think its all relative if you think about the type of content that was available at the time. Doom was more violent than most movies back then.

Hip Hop

Wow, I am out of this thread.

UrbanRats

Lol @ people outraged by the kid getting GTA.

If he's playing it with the parents' supervision and it's a sensible enough kid, it's not the end of the world.
For fuck's sake, how many of you watched shit like Robocop and worse at even a younger age? I sure did.

Lol @ people outraged by the kid getting GTA.

If he's playing it with the parents' supervision and it's a sensible enough kid, it's not the end of the world.
For fuck's sake, how many of you watched shit like Robocop and worse at even a younger age? I sure did.

I know, right? Grew up on Predator and I'm just murder. Fine. I'm just fine...

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
François Hollande, president of the republic of France, will now address the nation and announce that they have imprisoned the family members and the kid.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Amazon.co.uk havent even said that mines been dispatched yet :(

Top Bottom