• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 has gone gold

Blame The Last Guardian and Final Fantasy XV getting delayed. It was originally going to be all on its own in December, and then those two came and crashed the party so it had to be sacrificed to the gnashing jaws of Q1 2017.

i see, but why wouldn't they postpone the RTM? A day one patch now will look pretty stupid.

Windtrick

I'd really like to play this game from what I've seen of it. I'm wondering if a knowledge of the first gravity rush is required as I don't own a Vita?

I'd really like to play this game from what I've seen of it. I'm wondering if a knowledge of the first gravity rush is required as I don't own a Vita?

Yeah it's recommended.

You can buy the remaster of the first game for PS4, it's probably really cheap by now. I did the same and it's worth it!

ffvorax

Remote play it to your Vita

The point is: I don't play on VITA only at home.

Not considering the fact that I would have preferred it to be built for the Handheld in mind, remote play is not the same thing.

Not complaing much about that, I will just buy it later because it's not a priority with the games out on PS4 right now.

Orpheum

just recently checked this out and i'm starting to get really interested in this. Haven't played no. 1 though, is it necessary from a story point?

DKHF

just recently checked this out and i'm starting to get really interested in this. Haven't played no. 1 though, is it necessary from a story point?
Yes it is necessary from a story stand point. I highly recommend getting the PS4 remaster of the first game and playing that first.

Jawmuncher

So the game is done....makes the waiting for release until the middle of January more baffling. Easily could have done the first week it seems. Space from TLG & space from the other January releases.

Ramenman

I want this.

I'm also glad it releases at a time where it will be able to get some attention (both from me and everyone else, i'm to busy right now).

Looks like the anime is finished as well

cw9mtpwuqaes12sxfsv0.jpg

So the game is done....makes the waiting for release until the middle of January more baffling. Easily could have done the first week it seems. Space from TLG & space from the other January releases.

Money.

"Conventional" wisdom about holiday spending is that end of December/early January are empty pocket periods where spending has already been made/decided.

End of January is where the next roll of salary starts coming in, allowing financial capacity to start purchasing again.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Aw hell yes. Gimmie that Pro version goodness. My god this game is going to look sooo fucking cleaaaan. Hyyyype!

Blindy

Good!
Still not buying it for a while, I wanted it for my psvita like the first one... :(
I have other games to play on my PS4 right now and for a lot of month...
Given it was probably not going to be even PS TV compatible, the decision of putting this franchise on the PS4 and giving Bluepoint the keys to remaster, it was much needed for this game to be on the PS4.

Have yet to preorder this unlike Gravity Rush Remastered but I absolutely will, Day 1 for me. Will further help the cause for this game.

Jawmuncher

Money.

"Conventional" wisdom about holiday spending is that end of December/early January are empty pocket periods where spending has already been made/decided.

End of January is where the next roll of salary starts coming in, allowing financial capacity to start purchasing again.

Considering the half of January is basically games that appeal to the same audience, good luck to them. Probably going to get shoved to the side like the remaster did.

Blindy

Now to see this game die on release. I will support it but it's going to have bad sales unfortunatley.
It will be good enough sales for it being a niche game. It's coming out in a rather tame month other than RE7 and is going to be on a system with a much bigger volume of customers and it also has had a quality remaster come out(cheap) less than a year ago.

I hope Sony does do some viral marketing for it(Fat chance, they're saving it for Horizon and maybe Persona 5) but I think the game won't be far off from where Ratchet and Clank sold if you count worldwide sales.

D.Va

Neo Member
More hyped for this game than any other game, tbh. I want them to take "free dlc because we're delaying" back because I want them to be able to make as much money off of this as possible. :(

BUT YES SUPER HYPED.

Nice! The first one was good, and the demo I played of this one was fantastic. Really looking forward to playing through it.

Not interested in TLG.

Blindy

Considering the half of January is basically games that appeal to the same audience, good luck to them. Probably going to get shoved to the side like the remaster did.
There are JRPGs and a horror series that has gone more western as of late in the month, the only game remotely in the same field is Yakuza 0. Nothing will eat up

Nier Automata might run into this problem with Nioh 1 week before it and Horizon 1 week after but Gravity Rush 2 has a nice spot in January.

I said "conventional" wisdom which is why every other publisher releasing games in January is... *gasp!* doing the same thing.

It's flawed, but it is what it is.

Wait, will it be in Japanese, or the language that the characters in Gravity Rush normally speak?

We know very little about it right now, but i'd expect it to still use the madeup language that the series is known for. Especially since it's geared toward fans.

This is a 15-20 minute CGI animated short, right? Iirc, the Japanese first press edition will come with it, do we know anything about its inclusion with the game in the west?

They only mentioned on the PSblog that they'll discuss the anime more prior to the launch of the game.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
One of the few upcoming games I have pretty much complete faith in the team completely delivering. The first game was such a breath of fresh air. Day one purchase, can't wait to zoom around Kat's universe once more.

It will be good enough sales for it being a niche game. It's coming out in a rather tame month other than RE7 and is going to be on a system with a much bigger volume of customers and it also has had a quality remaster come out(cheap) less than a year ago.

I hope Sony does do some viral marketing for it(Fat chance, they're saving it for Horizon and maybe Persona 5) but I think the game won't be far off from where Ratchet and Clank sold if you count worldwide sales.

I hope so because gravity rush was one of the more refreshing new ips of last gen. hope Sony has reasonable expectations and gravity rush is able to be a niche success.

Top Bottom