• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 Japanese release date to be announced on July 19

jjonez18

Gimme dat worldwide release Sony Japan.

Is it because it's too anime? Female lead? Vita origin? No marketing? No western appeal?

Probably being tied to the stillborn Vita more than anything. First game probably would have thrived on the PS3. Then kept that momentum going with GR Remaster and GR2 on PS4. Now SIEJ has to hope enough people owned a vita or bought the remaster to actually care enough about GR2.

dabig2

Is it because it's too anime? Female lead? Vita origin? No marketing? No western appeal?

Can't speak for anyone other than myself, but the reason why I ignored the remaster for awhile was because it was a Vita game. I thought a remaster of a Vita game from a few years ago was a waste of time to even consider. I didn't think the gameplay, story, or characters would be up to snuff. Then I started seeing GR2 gifs. And then I reconsidered and played the hell out of the remaster. And now I fully cape for the game :D All of that happened in the span of a month before E3.

It's why I think Sony should've tried to fit it into their E3 conference. Put more western eyes on the game and advertise its western appeal (mainly its open environment and superhero themes) and I think more people would be interested in it.

wapplew

Can't speak for anyone other than myself, but the reason why I ignored the remaster for awhile was because it was a Vita game. I thought a remaster of a Vita game from a few years ago was a waste of time to even consider. I didn't think the gameplay, story, or characters would be up to snuff. Then I started seeing GR2 gifs. And then I reconsidered and played the hell out of the remaster. And now I fully cape for the game :D All of that happened in the span of a month before E3.

It's why I think Sony should've tried to fit it into their E3 conference. Put more western eyes on the game and advertise its western appeal (mainly its open environment and superhero themes) and I think more people would be interested in it.

Hope they fit it into EU conference and pimp it more at TGS.

I really hope they heavily promote it at Gamescom.

yep

CntGzQzVMAU4oeP.jpg:large

now, where the fuck is my west release date?!?

welp, 2017 NA release here we come >.<

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Hopefully the English Asian will release in December. If I remember correctly, the Asian version of Gravity Rush Remastered came along a few days after the Japanese release. I got my copy around December 18 I think.

Metzhara

It's an announcement of an announcement!

I came here to post almost the same thing!
Are we back in the era where we announced announcing things?

Just tell me when I can get my hands on this, though what I've played wasn't as charming as the original... I'm willing to see what the onion holds.

Tranquilo

Banned
I could not be more excited about this. I hope they don't focus too hard on Raven as a T&A crutch. I want to learn more about both characters; not just look at them.

The first press of the game will come with a costume (white kitten) and a DLC code for the soundtrack (a selection of tracks I think), plus the game and the anime BD.

Top Bottom