• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 - You're going to buy it, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunan

You folks who own the game but didn't play for very long: even big fans will concede that the first few hours of this game can be a little weak. I say stick with it at least until you get to Pleajeune, the nightlife district. If the music and atmosphere there don't do it for you, then the game might not be for you, but I'm betting you'll be hooked.

tdwig

Neo Member
Already pre-ordered, can't wait to dive in and get as much done as I can before KH2.8 drops. This year is not fair.

etrain911

Gravity Rush 1 is amazing! Is there any benefit to picking it up immediately upon release though (pre-order side quests like the first had, etc)? I have the money now, but I also need to be thinking about saving up for a Switch or a new GPU.

Betty

Banned
I just tried the demo for 2 because of this thread and it was actually pretty decent, so sure, i'll try remastered and see how it goes.

Japanese UIs have been really impressive recently. Every other release has a UI that I want to give the designer a promotion.

And yeah, day one.

Seiryoden

Absolutely. I bought Gravity Rush on Vita and PS4 and adored it both times. Can't wait to dive/float back into Heskeville.

LotusHD

Banned
Gravity Rush 1 is amazing! Is there any benefit to picking it up immediately upon release though (pre-order side quests like the first had, etc)? I have the money now, but I also need to be thinking about saving up for a Switch or a new GPU.

Pre-ordering from certain retailers such as Amazon gives you a white version of her default outfit, as well as a digital soundtrack. I think pre-ordering from the PSN store may also give you some GR-related themes or avatars, not entirely sure though.

I just tried the demo for 2 because of this thread and it was actually pretty decent, so sure, i'll try remastered and see how it goes.

Nice!

Japanese UIs have been really impressive recently. Every other release has a UI that I want to give the designer a promotion.

And yeah, day one.

Right? Like once both games come out, someone should make a thread about which games have the coolest looking UIs lol

baberunisei

I won't buy it on launch day because it's not on the Vita and I really think the game is perfect for that console and not so perfect for the PS4. I got really sad when they announced it was gonna be PS4 only.

I intend to get it when it's really cheap (so maybe in 2 months?)

Vol5

Not sure. Might wait and see what the consensus is on GAF.

I want to support all these amazing Japanese titles but Nioh & Nier are higher up the list and my wallet is pretty thin after xmas.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Already pre-ordered. Along with The Last Guardian, this was one of my most anticipated game in a long, long time. This series is beautiful.

SarusGray

Seriously great job on this thread. I hope the devs like send you a signed copy of the game. Super stoked for it and can't wait to buy it!

Kill3r7

Platinumed the first one on the Vita but GR2 is coming out at the wrong time of the year. I have a ton of games that I need to play from last year that I purchased over the last 5-6 weeks. Will probably pick it up during BF or Xmas sale. Too many games to play and too little time.

AwShucks

Nope. I purchased Gravity Rush Remastered for PS4 a year ago. I completed three chapters but the game was making me light headed so I stopped playing it. Good game and I purchased it mainly for the sequel but if this one made me light headed, the sequel will obviously do the same thing and not completing the first game kind of makes it pointless. Do think that it will be a good 8 range game but sales wise, will do bad. Comes out at a bad time and it's a niche title.

If you have that issue with many games I'd suggest Sea Bands. I get motion sickness from a lot of fps game but really wanted to play Doom. They work great for me.

mcfizzle4

I'm getting it for sure but will probably wait until a sale due to financials. I adored GR on Vita as well as Remastered.

mejin

I actually convinced a friend of mine to pick it up GR2 and Yakuza 0 first instead of REVII and Tales of Berseria. lol

Can't wait.

I played the first game on the Vita and I enjoyed it at the time, despite its flaws. Playing it again on the PS4 however has been a different story, for a Vita game I was impressed with the open world environment, pleasant aesthetic and interesting use of the Vita's features, on PS4 however none of that is present and the games flaws are laid bare.

The combat isn't very good.
The narrative isn't very good.
The world is empty.

To some extent I'm still charmed by the game. I like Kat and therefore I want to like the game and series, but the gameplay just isn't especially remarkable. Combat is brain dead, and the movement systems aren't especially interesting after playing around with them for a short while. As I say, the city itself is barren with nothing to do beyond the main quest and some arbitrary side missions (that do not relate to a narrative).

Making matters worse, many of the mechanics feel off or janky. There are plenty of gravity manipulation missions using props that just feel awkward. I remember one where I had to get a bomb from a bin to prevent it from detonating in a certain area. I was fighting the camera the entire time, trying to drag these items out of this skip. I couldn't select what I wanted to pick up, or guarantee where it would go when I threw it, it was irritating and reflected the poor gameplay design of this particular mechanic.

Combat is little better, aim at the enemy and mash the attack button until you win. You can dodge if it pleased you, for most enemies relentless aggression is all that's required. You can upgrade your health and just tank the damage that even bosses dish out, and still win the encounter. It makes the game dull and feels as though they eschewed difficulty due to fears that it would expose the games relatively poorly considered mechanics.

At the same time. I still like the game, I like Kat, and I like the universe. I think the writing is quite poor but the world and its characters are interesting. The gameplay is poorly considered at a mechanical level, but moving around is still entertaining and despite the absence of difficulty I still manage to enjoy myself to a degree, merely by moving around the world. With that said, it's a shame it's not a better game. The series is difficult for me to recommend.

Humdinger

Gold Member
Good job with the thread, Lotus. Hopefully it'll convince a few stragglers and draw the game a little more attention.

Really, there's nothing like it on console, afaik.

LotusHD

Banned
I'm picking it up, sure. I really enjoyed the first. But it's the job of Sony's marketing department to sell the game, not mine.

So true lol...

Seriously great job on this thread. I hope the devs like send you a signed copy of the game. Super stoked for it and can't wait to buy it!

That would certainly be awesome, that's for sure lol

It was pretty fun to make too, so much material to use between the GIFs and the comic book panels. Every time I thought I was finished with the thread, I'd just get more ideas lol

Of course I am, now get off my case.

My apologies.

I actually convinced a friend of mine to pick it up GR2 and Yakuza 0 first instead of REVII and Tales of Berseria. lol

Can't wait.

You've done a good thing.

I will definitely buy it. Not sure if it will be day one purchase though with RE7 getting first priority. Will definitely pick it up by the time the Raven DLC drops though. Trying to stop buying games at release that I end up playing weeks or months later.

Waji

I own the Vita and PS4 versions of GR1. Never played more than an hour though. So while I'm not buying this one, you can thank me for being the reason Sony thinks there's an audience for GR2. :(
Wait how can that happen ?

Zaventem

A couple international sites are selling the asian/japanese limited editions in the $63-68 range which I personal think is the better deal collector wise and in regards to reselling if you dont mind a wait to play on release. I picked up my copy from yesasia and canceled my amazon order, these guys deserve it!

LotusHD

Banned
I will definitely buy it. Not sure if it will be day one purchase though with RE7 getting first priority. Will definitely pick it up by the time the Raven DLC drops though. Trying to stop buying games at release that I end up playing weeks or months later.

I still can't believe we actually get to play as Raven. I wonder if there's even more DLC aside from that.

Embargo is on tuesday for those who cares.

Yep, Jan. 10th will be a day to look forward to.

Amani

The gravity sliding in the Vita version made me hate this game. But then the Remastered version made it slightly less bad, so I'm on board.

More main characters need to do Psycho Crushers.

Salty Hippo

Are we encouraging pre-ordering now? Wait for reviews just like you should do for any other game out there. Even if you are confident you want it, there's zero reason to pay upfront for a game no one can be sure how is gonna turn out. I thought Gaffers understood this. Being unique shouldn't automatically warrant a purchase.

Just saying.

JordanN

Banned
I'm actually conflicted on the sequel, despite owning and beating the original on Vita.

Played the demo and it felt very similar to the original. I get they couldn't change the formula too much but I guess I was expecting something way more bigger when it made the move to PS4.

Yeah, I have it pre-ordered. Love the first game (got it on PS+ on Vita), I bought the remaster on launch and I've been looking forward to the sequel ever since it was announced.

I platinumed the remaster last year and really enjoyed it after finding the controls a bit fiddly on the Vita demo. Finally got around to trying the GR2 demo yesterday and it's exactly what I wanted. I'll definitely be buying it.

Are we encouraging pre-ordering now? Wait for reviews just like you should do for any other game out there. Even if you are confident you want it, there's zero reason to pay upfront for a game no one can be sure how is gonna turn out. I thought Gaffers understood this. Being unique shouldn't automatically warrant a purchase.

Just saying.

Absolutely not. If you believe strongly in a project, it legitimately helps the team to preorder even if you're not 100% certain it will be perfect. It's the same philosophy as a kickstarter, only in this case much much more sound given there is a prior game by the same team AND there's been a demo.

Nothing personal but I'm really tired of hearing the same anti preorder tirade in every thread where it comes up.

Zaventem

Just saying.

Many experiences stated the loved the first game and the demo. What can drastically change to turn you off from that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom