• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GRAVITY RUSH Remaster has appeared on Korean Game Rating Board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draikin 2

I'd buy a PS4 for this if I didn't already have one. The game certainly has its share of problems, but it's still a fantastic game. I can't wait to see it on PS4, given how the PS Vita struggled to run it.

If I buy this, do I get GR2 any faster?

GR1 on the Vita's framerate got pretty awful in the bigger combat encounters, so a port running at a locked 60fps would be grand.

Shahed

I've been wanting this for a while now. I'd love for the sequel to be a full on PS4 game. Then I could convince others to play the game

Id totally buy this up.

Just wish they would make a real sequel for PS4.

One thing I don't understand, how can this be up for rating yet?

The friggin deal hasn't even been announced yet!

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I've been wanting this for a while now. I'd love for the sequel to be a full on PS4 game. Then I could convince others to play the game
Me too. It won't be held back by vita limited technical capability this time.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Cool that more people get to play this. However, if GR2 is a PS4 exclusive, it would be pretty spiteful of Vita owners everywhere.

I'd say this is a big indicator that the announced sequel is now a PS4 game. It explains why it's been M.I.A, and also explains the existence of this remaster in the first place - it's creating an audience on the PS4 who would then presumably go on to purchase the sequel.

I'd say this is a big indicator that the announced sequel is now a PS4 game. It explains why it's been M.I.A, and also explains the existence of this remaster in the first place - it's creating an audience on the PS4 who would then presumably go on to purchase the sequel.

Yup, the director also daid when we see the sequel we'll understand why it took so long to show off.

Ogawa-san

However, if GR2 is a PS4 exclusive, it would be pretty spiteful of Vita owners everywhere.
Maybe it's because I own both consoles and that I'm not particularly fond of handheld gaming, but I'll never understand that sentiment (to put it mildly).

I loved GR and would love to have a bigger, better, technically less restrained version and/or sequel. That goes for a lot of other games.

gravity rush and tearaway were pretty much the 2 vita titles that stuck out to me/defining titles. and now they're both showing up on the console in some capacity.

EDIT: wait, this is going to be the sequel?

Maybe it's because I own both consoles and that I'm not particularly fond of handheld gaming, but I'll never understand that sentiment (to put it mildly).

I loved GR and would love to have a bigger, better, technically less restrained version and/or sequel. That goes for a lot of other games.

I'd also say that if Sony want to make Gravity Rush a bigger franchise (and with more games in future!) then shifting it to PS4 is the wiser option. I love my PS Vita but it's not exactly an ideal platform for franchise growth given the sales numbers. Also, PS4 needs the kind of uniqueness that GR offers.

gravity rush and tearaway were pretty much the 2 vita titles that stuck out to me/defining titles. and now they're both showing up on the console in some capacity.

EDIT: wait, this is going to be the sequel?

No, this seems to be a remaster of GR1. The sequel is in development for an unknown platform, but this GR1 remaster suggests the sequel will come to PS4.

No, this seems to be a remaster of GR1. The sequel is in development for an unknown platform, but this GR1 remaster suggests the sequel will come to PS4.

OK. well then my original point still stands but it makes sense to do this if the sequel's coming to Ps4. although, i'd rather for a game like this that they'd do what nintendo did with bayonetta 2 and just include the first game with the second game.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member

Not every PS4 owner has a Vita. Why would anyone be happy of being prevented to play the sequel of a game they liked? If Toukiden, Senran Kagura, Ys and many other games can have sequels on both platforms I don't see why Sony shouldn't follow suit. Furthermore, this would be a game by Studio Japan and as far as I know the Vita ain't as dead there, as it is in NA and EU. I am confident we might get the sequel in both PS4 and Vita.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Not every PS4 owner has a Vita. Why would anyone be happy of being prevented to play the sequel of a game they liked? If Toukiden, Senran Kagura, Ys and many other games can have sequels on both platforms I don't see why Sony shouldn't follow suit. Furthermore, this would be a game by Studio Japan and as far as I know the Vita ain't as dead there, as it is in NA and EU. I am confident we might get the sequel in both PS4 and Vita.

The game was originally a PS3 title, compromised for Vita. There's tons of things scale wise you cant do on vita.

The games you listed are all handheld titles up ported from Vita to PS4, of course they work. If we're making an actual PS4 title, the vita doesn't have the right to drag down the base PS4 game for a platform that is dead in every region except one smaller one

wilflare

The game was originally a PS3 title, compromised for Vita. There's tons of things scale wise you cant do on vita.

The games you listed are all handheld titles up ported from Vita to PS4, of course they work. If we're making an actual PS4 title, the vita doesn't have the right to drag down the base PS4 game for a platform that is dead in every region except one smaller one

it's post like this that puts Vita owners off big time
I own both platforms and I play more on my Vita because I enjoy that portability

Megatron

kaz-hirai-playstation-4_zpslwikislf.jpg

Dragun619

That's good. It had some problems but I loved the game overall. It's definitely an ip that deserves a second shot & more attention. I think Kat could potentially be one of Sony's strongest staple characters for them.

Hopefully it transitions well from PS Vita to PS4, and that they add more content to flesh it out. That sequel or follow up is taking a long ass time tho.

Zemm

This is a game that was literally ruined by its mega shitty controls so this getting a remaster and being able to use proper analogue sticks is good for sure.

Jigolo

The game was great. I hope we get some kind of announcement soon and more details on that G Daze teaser from TGS 2013

LAA

Meh, disappointed really. I'd much rather a sequel, even if it has to be PS4/Vita, (Just make it cross buy).
Just sad they're taking Vita exclusives away again, but even if I ignore that, a PS4 remaster still doesnt interest me, unless they're adding new content as well

Megatron

This is a game that was literally ruined by its mega shitty controls so this getting a remaster and being able to use proper analogue sticks is good for sure.

I agree completely. All the people looking forward to playing it for the first time... I just hope the controls are fixed.

Ricker

Maybe I can actually beat the game now without those tilt controls...they where well implemented but it drove me nuts in some parts,like those fetch quests and I just gave up...

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
The PS4 has plenty of other first party titles and vast third party support, I honestly don't see the point in alienating everyone that played the original GR by making it an exclusive because eye candy. As I said before, it is up to SCEJ to determine what will happen with GR2, not SCEA or SCEE because we all know that if it were up to them the sequel probably wouldn't even exist.

Dice//

Banned
Nothing? The DS4 has an improved SIXAXIS + gyro.

Honestly, I'd rather a whole overhaul of the flying-kicking battle style. This game was amazing, but I'd be lying if I said it was for exclusively the gameplay.

But fuck yes if this is fo real. Be jolly nice to get more word about that sequel too.

Assuming this is a sure thing, and by this stage I'm pretty sure it is, I'm both saddened and elated by this news. Saddened because it's another nail in the coffin for the Vita, by stripping it of yet another exclusive title and demonstrating Sony's complete unwillingness to support the system with games at this point. At the same time, this port will no doubt offer a second lease of life for the IP, which I am dying to see live on because I fucking love Gravity Rush. Its commercial prospects will dramatically improve, for both this remaster and the incoming sequel, which I'm sure will be exclusive to the PS4 (even if that wasn't what was originally planned).

At the end of the day, what matters above all is more Kat and Hekseville, so if the PS4 can make that happen I embrace this platform shift for the (potential) franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom