• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grid 2 announced for PC, PS3 and 360 - debut trailer, preview and screens [2013]

Why, why this game?

I don't know what kind of gamer they are trying to attract. It doesn't do anything good and it's more of the same uninspired Grid game.

Arcade racers are in a tough spot. There really isn't much of a market for them, and to go into the sim crowd is just too difficult.

I guess they just thought Toca didn't had any future... such a shame.

This looks like Shift 2: dubstep edition.

VVV Mars VG

I would agree on the lack of true identity, the game doesn't have much to it yet and we're hoping a lot is being held back.

Longer point to point sections and races wouldn't go a miss either.

Please tell me they're playing on easy mode.

Those cars have way too much grip, he breaks late in some corners with no lock ups, AI cars touching the grass with out spinning out. The second video he barely ever uses the brake. >.>

Grid in a nutshell right there.

It's very much a PGR of circuit racing to a high degree, maybe more arcade then that.

Mascot

Picked up Grid again a few days ago to refresh my memory. Time has not been kind to this game.

Think I'll pass on Grid 2 until it's a fiver on eBay, especially with the apparent emphasis on boat-physics muscle cars.

Arucardo

Any possibility of the in-car view getting patched in?

No way, even a GT 5 type default cockpit (a completely black cockpit) is highly unlikely. CM decided to shoot themselves in the foot with the no-cockpit decision and I don't see them backing down from it.

Why, why this game?

I don't know what kind of gamer they are trying to attract. It doesn't do anything good and it's more of the same uninspired Grid game.

Arcade racers are in a tough spot. There really isn't much of a market for them, and to go into the sim crowd is just too difficult.

I guess they just thought Toca didn't had any future... such a shame.

This looks like Shift 2: dubstep edition.

My sentiments exactly, except I though Grid 1 was a lousy arcade racer & this doesn't look to improve any of that!

Gek54

I knew before I clicked that it would be muscle cars. Is there a big market for racing games in the deep south?

r-u-faster-than-a-redneck.jpg

I think I can forgive the exaggerated grip, looks like Dirt 2 fun. I think they finally nailed down a good style/color pallet after their nauseating Dirt 3 look.

Amon37

I knew before I clicked that it would be muscle cars. Is there a big market for racing games in the deep south?

Have you seen any other videos? They have a full EU video and a focus on M3’s video. But its cool blinders and such.

Anyone know what online is like? I'm interested in private match options.

Plenty of options for a private lobby. Some of the options you'll have are as follows:

• Session visibility (open / closed)
  • End Race Timer (how long after the first car finishes does the event finish)
  • GRID order (Previous race / event standings / event standings reversed / random / XP)
  • Collisions (on/off)
  • Damage (visual / full / off)
  • Flashback (how many are allowed)
  • Force manual gears
  • Impact ratings (our new matchmaking system that helps distinguise between clean and rough drivers)
  • Race type
  • Vehicle tier
  • Number of Rounds
  • AI drivers (what difficulty they are)

saladine1

I can't wait to play this. I've been itching for a focused racer for a while now. To start from the bottom and work my way up to the top is something that always gels with me in racing games.
I just hope that the handling feels good. Grid always felt like an on and off model with nothing in between. Hopefully, Grid 2 bridges that gap for a more cohesive feel.

Codies, I'm thankful for the customization in the game. I know it isn't comprehensive (talking about performance mods and tuning) so I ask that for Grid 3, you guys up your game in this regard.

Mascot

Plenty of options for a private lobby. Some of the options you'll have are as follows:

• Session visibility (open / closed)
  • End Race Timer (how long after the first car finishes does the event finish)
  • GRID order (Previous race / event standings / event standings reversed / random / XP)
  • Collisions (on/off)
  • Damage (visual / full / off)
  • Flashback (how many are allowed)
  • Force manual gears
  • Impact ratings (our new matchmaking system that helps distinguise between clean and rough drivers)
  • Race type
  • Vehicle tier
  • Number of Rounds
  • AI drivers (what difficulty they are)

It's the Codemasters community manager! Welcome to GAF, sir.

DD

I'd exchange cockpit view for... let's say, tons of tracks, like Toca 2 & 3 had. But knowing the actual Codemasters, that won't happen. It's kind of sad, because they went from my favorite studio to one that I simply don't care anymore.

I'd exchange cockpit view for... let's say, tons of tracks, like Toca 2 & 3 had. But knowing the actual Codemasters, that won't happen.
Yeah, whats the trade-off here? I could probably deal with removing cockpit views if it enabled the game to offer something substantial and cool in it's place, but I haven't seen what that could be for this game.

DD

Yeah, whats the trade-off here? I could probably deal with removing cockpit views if it enabled the game to offer something substantial and cool in it's place, but I haven't seen what that could be for this game.
Better visual effects, they said.

Like I give a fuck...

How many tracks are there in this?
A lot i hope. They didn't have to render any of the interior of the cars so that gave them a lot more time and resources, right?

I have a feeling that you'll be disapointed.

DD

Im already disappointed. I have to use the fucking hood view Christ.

Haha, I was talking about tracks. Dirt 2, 3 and Showdown, the first Grid and F1 Race Stars are so poor in that aspect that I really have no hopes towards Grid 2.

I believe that a racing game can somehow live without the cockpit view, but it cannot without a good amount of tracks.

Top Bottom