• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Groundhogs Day: Tetsuya Nomura says Versus will be unveiled, please wait a while

butman

If FF Versus (XIV) and Last Guardian doesn't come out to PS3, it will be the most biggest deception and fraud on videogame history.

They should come out to PS3 to end the console life perfectly.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
If FF Versus (XIV) and Last Guardian doesn't come out to PS3, it will be the most biggest deception and fraud on videogame history.

Games being moved from their original platform to their next generation one isn't a new thing you know.

jaxword

The only other releases I'll accept for FFIV are HD rereleases of the DS and PSP remakes. That is all. After they do that, they need to let IV fucking rest.

FF6 Vita HD sprite remake with Woolsey translation or I will literally burn up every Square Enix game live on youtube!!!

sublimit

Banned
“The date for our next reveal is set and we are working toward preparing information for that. Please wait a little while longer.”

Hmmmmmmm... this sounds familiar...

Oh right!

"Nomura said that the timing for the next reveal has been set, but he would not say when. For the next update, though, he said that they'd like to deliver it along with some good information."

- July 2011

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

And fast forward to 2014 Nomura says:
"Finally the day we'll reveal Versus has come.Please wait a bit more."

Seriously aren't they even embarrassed at this point to talk about this vaporware without having nothing to show?

Hystzen

nintendo did exact same thing with Pikmin 3

What i find most interesting about the statement is how he says that we'll know why they have withheld information when its revealed. That most likely means its nextgen. Plus the comments made at the ps4 reveal about having something big to show later means theyll lkely announce FF versus at e3 - probably as FFXV. The only thing ledt would be the rumors about sony's help in publishing the game, pethaps making it a sony console exclusive

Hystzen

I just wish SE learned it's lesson from this and not announce a game straight away wait until its at least in full production. The joke of VS13 is mainly due to how long ago they announced it compared to how long its actually been in full production which was 2 years ago was it when it started full steam ahead.

jYz25rF.jpg

Too early for flapjacks?

VGKnv58.gif

whoa whoa hyperbole much? lol.

GoW Ascension, Last of Us, and Beyond are not enough to 'end the console life perfectly?'

Soriku

Deception.

Disgrace.

whoa whoa hyperbole much? lol.

GoW Ascension, Last of Us, and Beyond are not enough to 'end the console life perfectly?'

It's OK. Those games won't even be ending the PS3's life.

Triple U

Banned
PS3 is a healthy console.
It is but its declining, software wise. Unless Versus is scheduled to release like say this holiday, there will be less and less of a reason to keep it soley on PS3.

Read my post again.

You get it when you say "SE isn't going to go out of their way to help Sony succeed". Meaning SE won't move Versus to the PS4 just to move Sony consoles. They already have a healthy console in the PS3. And that's what I was trying to get across to Triple U.

And of course, I don't honestly see Xbox trouncing PS4 in Japan.

I said PS4 but you can replace that with WiiU or even the 720 if you want. I said PS4 because of the rumors and because I at this point, figure it to be the most successful over there. But yeah there are plenty of reasons why Square or any other Asia house would want consoles to take off in Japan.

RPGCrazied

There is no doubt this game will be on PS4 now, I just hope they will have a PS3 version as well. It was a PS3 game for what, 7 years now?

LOL
I really wish someone could ask Nomura "how do you feel having to answer the same question for over 6 years?"

no matter what happens, the reveal is going to be amazing/hilarious.

all I want is for S-E to keep making mainline FF games. I want to see XV, XVI, XVII, etc.

I mean, we saw 3 FFs per console until now (3 on NES, 3 on SNES, 3 on PSX, 3 on PS2, 1 on PS3). It's kinda depressing to see S-E fall so far with their flagship series.

all I want is for S-E to keep making mainline FF games. I want to see XV, XVI, XVII, etc.

I mean, we saw 3 FFs per console until now (3 on NES, 3 on SNES, 3 on PSX, 3 on PS2, 1 on PS3). It's kinda depressing to see S-E fall so far with their flagship series.

PS3 will at least get two mainline FFs: FFXIII and FFXIV. :p

RPGCrazied

They would be really crazy if it ends up on PS4, and don't release both a PS4 and PS3 version. How many PS3's are out there again? I'm sure way more than PS4's that launch in its first few months.

PS3 couldn't run Last Guardian if it wanted to. Last time we saw the game running it was pushing a lot of realistic physics and running at 10 frames per second. I'd rather have it on PS4.

Mario007

I know some people thing that bigger userbase= more sales, but looking at the sales of some of the recent big hitters (Bioshock, God of War, Gears of War, Hitman etc) it doesn't seem to be exactly true. There's definitely generational fatigue going on.

Games like a mainline FF sell consoles. Hell FF X is the second best selling FF, if I'm remembering correctly, after VII and that released within a year of launch of PS2. MGS4 did incredibly well as an exclusive game for PS3 when it had a small userbase. DMC4 was the best selling title in the franchise despite releasing at the start of the generation.

This better be at E3. I want to finally see if it was worth the wait. Deep down I believe it'll be worth the wait. It had better be worth the wait.

RocBase

The thing I hope Square learns from all of this is to avoid revealing a game more than 18 months before its release. The days of "we made a pre-rendered trailer to show you what we intend to do with this game that we haven't even started making yet" need to disappear. If you reveal a game at an E3, it needs to come out before the christmas of the following year.

Absolutely. I like to think that they're already shaping up in that regard: can't say I give a shit about the 13 saga but the time between the reveals of the sequels and their release dates were great.

SqareEnix says Versus in a sentence, which ultimately leads to nothing....ten page thread to follow
lol

SqareEnix says Versus in a sentence, which ultimately leads to nothing....ten page thread to follow

He didn't even say versus, though. For all we know this is imagine: crystalz, the newest in their mobile line with codevelopment by Gree. It doubles as a program to turn your phone into a desalinator.

Eidan

You want a prediction on the wait for Versus? I'll give you a prediction. It's going to be cold. It's going to be gray. And it's going to last you the rest of your life.

Top Bottom