• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Groundhogs Day: Tetsuya Nomura says Versus will be unveiled, please wait a while

I believe with all my heart, with all my soul, and with all my feathers, that the CG in Versus will be fucking amazing. The CG sequence with Noctis in the car going through the checkpoint, was really orgasmic in terms of realism and composite quality. Jaw dropping stuff.

The game though... lol. The longer it takes, the worse it will probably be, because the people working on it become more and more disconnected with the standards and expectations of the rest of the world while they continue to make, scrap, and remake various components of the game over and over again.

Considering how shitty the "standards" have become this gen, that might be a good thing.

2n85z09.gif

Yeah, I thought this was just a Nintendo fanboy thing. (or maybe it still is)

farisr

Please don't be Playstation exclusive. There's nothing to gain for us consumers

There are a few ways an exclusive game brings benefits to consumers.

1) For people that like what sony is doing (like the games they're bringing out), having a good exclusive that pushes consoles sales further allows sony to bring out more games, which is better for the consumer.

2) In general, an exclusive means a more optimized version of a game coming out since they're focusing on only one platform.

3) A good exclusive coming out for platform A, will result in the makers of platform B to step up their game and bring out a good exclusive of their own in order to remain competitive.

duckroll

So I guess we're damned either way, lol

Our only hope is that Nomura learned a few things from the development of Birth by Sleep, The 3rd Birthday, and FF Type-0. I doubt any of those game design staff will be working on Versus, but if Nomura demands the same sort of standards at least, combat would be a lot better.

Yes, yes, I know lots of people hate The 3rd Birthday, but for a portable TPS with a single analog nub, they designed some really interesting encounters and set pieces. It was fun as hell, as long as you ignored the fact that it was shitting all over the Parasite Eve franchise. Lol.

Dragon

Banned
Remember when people were listing Versus to save the PS3 before the Slim? Haha oh man, SE you sure have fallen so far.

Can't wait for the day when they show this game off so we can end this vaporware BS and everyone to get excited about the game again. Basically it will be January 2011 all over again except this time we will actually have a release window.

March 2012 he said he was preparing information but that there was an outside issue stopping said information from being shared.

Maybe it was Sony preventing them from acknowledging the PS4's existence by announcing that the game was being transfered onto that console ?

I hope everything gets cleared out by E3.

Takuya

Banned
I'm not asking about games that were announced on one system and came out on another, but games that were announced for a system *before that system released*, and then came out on the next system instead.

Ya realized that.

Does Duke Nukem Forever count? lol

Hindle

Banned
At this point Square just need to keep thier mouths shut and let the games do the talking. Don't come out every so often and say things like this lol, they just look ridiculous.

Cmagus

Probably moved to next consoles.Im also gonna say it is multiplatform and they can't say anything because of Microsofts situation with its console.

Haunted

I keep imagining what their official response to these questions would be like if they were preparing to quietly cancel/drop Versus like they did TLR PS3.

They will probably announce the game is cancelled at E3 and then announce FFXV, which mysteriously looks identical, and expect everyone to look shocked...

Top Bottom