• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA VI Official Trailer

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Does anyone else think this looks boring?

Like, drop the hype for a second. Does this really look exciting and interesting? (not graphically, obviously)

For whatever reason, it just feels sort of... off?

Well, just a point of comparison:

GTA IV Trailer 1 - Pretty dull. Mostly a tech showcase of the RAGE engine (a.k.a. good riddance to Renderware).

GTA V Trailer 1 - Shows off world scope and density, a slight tease to the heist element, etc. Final product looked much better two years later.

Subsequently, GTA V Trailer 2 is one of my all time favorite video game trailers, and GTA V Trailer 3 was great as well. Vice City is still my favorite announcement trailer ever, despite revealing next to nothing. Summer Madness, man.

Apocryphon

Not really sure what to think.

Animations look excellent and the world density looks perfect but the materials quality looks dated. Plenty of time to polish that before release though so I will reserve my judgement for close to release.

The protagonists look generic, but as already stated, we don’t know a single thing about them and Rockstar have a fantastic writing team.

It looks like the GTA we know, for better or worse. I’m not blown away but it’s a game I know I’ll pick up at launch.

vpance

Was hoping for something akin to the Vice City vibe. The trailer basically takes up everything I hate about the modern culture.

I would be surprised if they didn't have more serious and Michael Mann style moments. The trailer is just highlighting the craziness.

semiconscious

Gold Member
I wish it wasn't a modern day take, and did either 70's or 90's era... I can walk outside my neighborhood and see the same shit. Lol This game is not for me.. Y'all enjoy. Game will sell gigatons.
if there's anything disappointing about this trailer to me, this's it. it's so glaringly, screamingly 'now' that it's just kinda weirdly off-putting...

Pandemic

I think they’re targeting Q1 but it’s possible that it slips to Q4.

GTA IV released on April 29, 2008. So there's hope. But I also think that was the product of a delay, like Metal Gear Solid 4.

Hopefully so.

I remember reading an article where Take Two highlighted a 2025 fiscal year as a significant point.

“Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick instead hinted that the 2025 fiscal year, which runs from April 2024 to March 2025, would have a "a significant inflection point...which we believe will include new record levels of operating performance."

ikbalCO

that was a great tease.

I am really happy wuth modern day miami setting. I had my doubts at first but after watching the teaser, yeah there are just too many insanities in miami and in general florida that will fit perfectly with gta games.

And with the protagonist, it seems as though they are going for a bonnie&clyde kind of dinamic which makes so much sense since they are introducing the very first playable female character. A very smart decision.

I am really hyped now.

Great teaser. Mid trailer.

Hoppa

Looks fantastic, can’t wait! But because it’s coming in 2025, can we get a PS5 update for Red Dead 2

Boss Mog

So much for 2 characters, it's easy to see which character is large and in charge in this trailer. She's always in front of Jason or on top of him and telling him what to do. I'll reserve my judgment on this for now because I need more context on the characters. It could make sense if Jason was a normal dude who got roped into crime by Lucia, but if they were both criminals from the start then I'll say it's pushing an agenda. I mean no real guy would let the woman he loves bust in first, it's not very believable.

Also, I called it:
Just a reminder so people don't get too excited:

GTA V 1st Trailer: November 2 2011
GTA V Release Date: September 17 2013

Might be another 2 years before we actually get to play it. There's obviously also other reasons why I'm not gonna get hyped for this for now.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Hopefully so.

I remember reading an article where Take Two highlighted a 2025 fiscal year as a significant point.

“Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick instead hinted that the 2025 fiscal year, which runs from April 2024 to March 2025, would have a "a significant inflection point...which we believe will include new record levels of operating performance."

Good catch. Hopefully that is the target and they hit it. But I was just checking, and the Peter Moore Cringe Festival confirmed that GTA IV was initially a Fall 2007 release, but got delayed. So this would be the first mainline GTA with a spring release as the initial target.

2007 was already crazy enough, imagine if GTA IV and MGS4 had actually made it out that year.

Looks like GTA, and boy am I glad to see that. Still gangsters and criminals, hot chicks on beaches, etc....not broke college kids turning to a life of crime to pay back student loans (obviously I'm still salty about how fucked Saints Row was). I do hope the sarcastic Rockstar humor survives as well. This trailer definitely gets me hyped!

Vamos Lets Go GIF by Major League Soccer

Looks cool. Would have been nice if the female protagonist wasn't all man-like and butch-looking, but I guess that's too much to ask for in 2023. I will say that seeing that trope play out so prominently does make me wonder how many other shitty progressive tropes this game will contain.

Dazraell

Gold Member
Someone got a bit to excited and prereleased. R* will make you do that.
Nah, some dumbass leaked it on twitter so Rockstar didn't waited and posted the full thing earlier so people wouldn't see it in a potato quality and with crappy watemark

FeralEcho

Rockstar about to school the entire industry in 2025.I guess this is what a 2 billion budget game looks like.

This looks like the next gen leap we were expecting with these consoles.The density,crowds and details and postprocessing effects in every scene of this trailer is insane. And i'm most pleased to see Rockstar not going full woke and still have that satire they always had in their games as well as good looking female and male characters which seems like a dying breed in gaming for some reason.

Mythoclast

I think it’s very smart from Rockstar to include a female protag (more likely that more women will buy the game) and also staying with 2 characters only. Three was a bit too convoluted for my taste in GTA5.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Regarding animations that look "too good", I'll just remind everyone that they're using Euphoria. And a next-generation Euphoria can probably do wonders.

Yoda

As an uber (but retired) GTA fan (1000 hrs in GTA online, have 100%-ed all games since 3):

Good:
* Environments looks on point, while I've only been to Miami a few times, what they showed was on point imo.
* Ditto for the NPCs (from a style PoV), very similar to what you'd run into in Miami nowadays.

Mixed:
* Not feeling the main protagonist just yet, but I felt the same way with the GTA V trailers. The protagonists in the series have gotten "less serious" since 4, seems like the trend is going to continue.
* 2020 Miami really isn't that interesting compared to 80s Miami. If there isn't more to the region like somehow including Latin America I don't feel there's going to be the gold mine of satire like GTA V has with LA.

Bad:
* Given the amount of stuff they could satirize, the trailer felt ridiculously tame. Have a bad feeling this is going to be GTA for "modern audiences". I really want to be wrong but we've seen similar reports from Jason Schrier (sp?).
* The models for the NPCs/player characters looked really rough, feels like this might've originally been a cross gen game which they gave up when they couldn't get it to run on the ancient hardware.

Will wait for the next trailer, hopefully I don't have to remain a retired GTA player when this launches :)

Top Bottom