• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA VI Official Trailer

bitbydeath

Your point was the person can't be trans because you were unable to conceive how a person could change their hair/appearance. You seem to have back out of that opinion now, so sure lets move on.
Not sure if you’re serious or just taking the piss, but it only takes a few seconds to disprove.

He is later introduced as a successful entrepreneur and multi-millionaire by 2021, who owns the F. Clinton and Partneragency with his new partner, the GTA OnlineProtagonist.

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
so looking at the artwork

does anyone feel Lucia is very controlling and manipulative of Jason who is "passive"?

Trailer_1_Illustration_%2816x9%29.jpg

Last edited:
I was skeptical, but I'm sold, it actually looks good.

There is a LOT they can do with Florida, speaking as someone who's actually set foot there many a time, inland Florida is a bit of a boring biome, but there's Cape Canaveral (imagine jacking a fucking space shuttle), Disney World and other theme park resorts, tropical islands if you can way go out in the ocean, nude beaches, the Florida Keys lots of entertainment potential and I hope it's chock full of stuff to justify the decade+ long wait.

I hope it includes lots of crazy easter eggs too, the skunk ape, ghost ships, Quincey's cryogenic chamber lol.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
AP reports that some industry analysts were expecting GTA 6 to be released holiday 2024, there's a prediction made by one analyst that GTA 6 could be released in the first few months of 2025 and that now that GTA 6 has a 2025 release date, another industry analyst tells AP they believe that this will have effects on future game release dates:

NEW YORK (AP) — The highly-anticipated trailer for Grand Theft Auto VI arrived a little early after a copy was leaked online.

Rockstar Games released its first look for the sixth game of the cult-classic video game series Monday evening — roughly 15 hours before the planned Tuesday morning unveiling — while citing the leak.

"Our trailer has leaked so please watch the real thing on YouTube," Rockstar Games wrote on X, the platform formerly known as Twitter, just after 6 p.m. ET Monday.

Rockstar Games and its New York parent company, Take-Two Interactive Software Inc., did not provide further details on the leak. The company did not immediately respond to The Associated Press' requests for comment early Tuesday.

Still, avid Grand Theft Auto fans were able to learn a few things from the 90-second teaser — including that the next installment would be set in the Miami-inspired Vice City and star a female protagonist, a first for the franchise, named Lucia. The end of the video also confirmed that game won't be released until 2025.

That's later than some anticipated — including researchers at Raymond James & Associates. In an early Tuesday brief, Raymond James analysts said that they originally expected Grand Theft Auto VI to arrive in the 2024 holiday season.

Shares of Take-Two Interactive fell about 2% at the opening bell.

While a specific 2025 date hasn't been disclosed from Take-Two yet, industry analyst still predict the game will arrive in the first few months of the year — pointing to the company's "commentary around bookings expectations" of just under $8 billion for the 2025 fiscal year.

The timing of Grand Theft Auto VI's release is also "likely to impact the frontline release schedule for the industry," Stifel analysts wrote — adding that this "has the potential to strengthen what appears to be a weaker slate next year," leading to "a flurry of new titles" published into the second half of 2024 as competitors try to avoid launching games close to Grand Theft Auto VI.

This is the 50 Cent "In Da Club" effect back in 03, iykyk

1 Min mark:

20 years and 3 generations of progress.

dancing-vice-city.gif

SiLNv.png

gtavc-gta-vice-city.gif

JIdWj5J.gif

Screenshot-2023-12-04-at-10-43-23-PM.png

xaES4Xi.gif

gta-san-andreas.gif

Dec-04-2023-23-06-40.gif

"Graphics dont matter"
Imagine going back in time to 2002 and showing someone GTAVI, they'd shit themselves.

Vice City looks downright crude today, I don't really like to think of 2002 as being so long ago, but I'm old (I mean you still have stuff like REmake, RE0 and Morrowind which hold up better and are also from 2002 tbf)

Truly a game for degenerates to play as degenerates.
Hopefully this will mark the return of degeneracy from 20 years ago when it was at least fun degeneracy, before the pronoun people showed up.

This is thirsty, but I hope there's nudity, I hope there's Lucia nudity, nude strippers, nude beaches.

it's time for gaming to drop the sex negative feminist horseshit finally, the fact that there's already bikini babes is a good start.

Like legit, that's enough of a sign this is turning out well.

GTA 5 did an excellent job in critiquing American culture of its time, Lazlo (Simon Cowell), iFruit (Apple), LifeInvader (Facebook)... it was genius. I really hope we get similar tropes in GTA 6
It really did, I actually didn't play V's full story until 2018 and already the game felt like a period piece of a bygone time for America and it was only 5 years later, which was now in turn 5 years ago, egads.

Quantum253

This is thirsty, but I hope there's nudity, I hope there's Lucia nudity, nude strippers, nude beaches.

it's time for gaming to drop the sex negative feminist horseshit finally, the fact that there's already bikini babes is a good start.

Like legit, that's enough of a sign this is turning out well.

It really did, I actually didn't play V's full story until 2018 and already the game felt like a period piece of a bygone time for America and it was only 5 years later, which was now in turn 5 years ago, egads.
I think with region ratings, it won't go above M. Very few AO titles out there and they wouldn't give up markets to have obscene content. You might have to wait for the PC molding community to get something going

farmerboy

Looks awesome and game will be massive, no doubt. I'll make it my first GTA.

But, I'll be pleasantly surprised if it looks exactly like that. Maybe we've seen a glimpse of our first true current gen game. Install size will be gigantic.

Woggleman

I love how Rockstar just does lives in their own world and doesn't care about conforming to trends or whatever. They do what they want and the hell with what anybody says because the public will buy it in droves.

Pimpbaa

Music for the trailer gives me some hope for the soundtrack. Still wish the game was set in the 80’s, then we’d get ALL 80’s music. The bikini clad npcs also gives me hope that this won’t bet a total wokefest. But man, 2025?! Fuck, usually rockstar starts with the trailers much closer to a games release. Hard to get hyped this early. I’m going back on media blackout until near this games release.

I think with region ratings, it won't go above M. Very few AO titles out there and they wouldn't give up markets to have obscene content. You might have to wait for the PC molding community to get something going
I'm not expecting graphic intercourse, but iirc M rated games have gotten away with full frontal before.

At the very least there should be bare breasts since GTAV had it, it'd be embarrassing to go backwards edgy content wise.

Bare vag and wang would be pushing the envelope enough, as every GTA should do.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Akexa having a really bad day.

He's cooked. On top of the PS5 Pro keeping him up at night, he has to live with the idea that the most optimized, production-rich game of all time with generation defining gameplay mechanics and systems can only be played on the very platform he despises for a significant period of time. Think about it; it will make much of his pro PC/anti-console commentary look rather foolish. What is he going to do/say when PS5 Pro and GTA 6 release alongside each other?

"Look look Cyberpunk Path-Tracing only possible on PC!!!!"? "But but Alan Wake 2 PC!"? I guess if he wants to continue playing the fool, sure. Actually, I'm sure he's going to complain like a toddler about strippers and twerking, just as he did with Stellar Blade.

The hardware delta isn't enough to overcome a decade's worth of dedication and optimization undertaken by a studio such as Rockstar. I almost feel bad for him. Lol, almost.

Quantum253

I'm not expecting graphic intercourse, but iirc M rated games have gotten away with full frontal before.

At the very least there should be bare breasts since GTAV had it, it'd be embarrassing to go backwards edgy content wise.

Just the thought of the hot coffee mod, people lost their minds

kikkis

He's cooked. On top of the PS5 Pro keeping him up at night, he has to live with the idea that the most optimized, production-rich game of all time with generation defining gameplay mechanics and systems can only be played on the very platform he despises for a significant period of time. Think about it; it will make much of his pro PC/anti-console commentary look rather foolish. What is he going to do/say when PS5 Pro and GTA 6 release alongside each other?

"Look look Cyberpunk Path-Tracing only possible on PC!!!!"? "But but Alan Wake 2 PC!"? I guess if he wants to continue playing the fool, sure. Actually, I'm sure he's going to complain like a toddler about strippers and twerking, just as he did with Stellar Blade.

The hardware delta isn't enough to overcome a decade's worth of dedication and optimization undertaken by a studio such as Rockstar. I almost feel bad for him. Lol, almost.
Alex has even more troubles if gta 6 doesn't use RT to a big degree and still is the best looking game.

Red Dead Redemption showed the bush of a Mexican prostitute back in 2010 😎

But Rockstar have become a lot more politically correct and safe since then.

Last edited:

FrankWza

Did anyone come across any info on how many times the song was downloaded since the trailer dropped? Or streamed or whatever

Last edited:
I guaran-fucking-tee when all is said and done this game is going to get boycotted to hell and back by the REEEEE lunatics while it goes on to sell 100 million.

No fucking doubt in my mind there will be some “offensive” scandal that causes them to ban all discussion.

Last edited:

DelireMan7

Ok. My experience with GTA : 10 min of GTA3 back in the day to a friend's places ("GTA is so great. You have to try it !!!"). I kill some random people and got chase by the cops. My reaction "Ho cool. Can we play something else ?"

I never was interested in the franchise (it's basically a life simulator, and I don't have any interest in "real world" simulation/universe) and I am always baffle by all the hype this franchise is getting.

When I see this trailer, there is so many things that get me like "People really enjoys that ?!".

All that being said, there is a little something in the trailer that gets me a bit. I don't know what exactly.
Maybe should try again a GTA to see all the fuzz about it...

sigmaZ

Gold Member
Still on the fence. I just don't care for Rockstar's mission design. I'll have to see the strides they've made in terms of gameplay.

WitchHunter

Banned
so looking at the artwork

does anyone feel Lucia is very controlling and manipulative of Jason who is "passive"?

Trailer_1_Illustration_%2816x9%29.jpg
What I find is that these characters are so lame, anaemic that it reeks of a marketing department that did a 2 year market study to target the audience appropriately.

Senua

Gold Member
It was at 1 million views yesterday.

It is at 1.6 million views today.

So....600k were inspired to find the song and take a listen on Youtube.

It's actually one of the lesser songs on that album too imo, still rules though

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Sorry man, but yes they do.

Infact the rumour is this could be franklin from gta5 after trans surgery, which i am strating to believe.

SnVPcQr.png

i9nn0FO.png

LOL gender reassignment doesn't change your race or ethnicity. Although, if any developer was gonna feature some kind of reverse Rachel Dolezal as a main protagonist, Rockstar North would certainly be it.

NahaNago

The trailer did a good job of showing the environment and the crazy people you will see and also was able to shut down any of this is woke because female main character by showing tons of females twerking. The amount of detail and variety in the environment as well as the scale of it was pretty impressive.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Pages and pages of debate over whether a certain female character is hot when 99% of the time you ever spend on this game is going to be online with a self made character lol
Pretty sure that a big part of gaffers don't give a fuck about gta online and they mostly care about the campaign.

To this day i have no fucking idea of what you actually do in gta online :lollipop_grinning_sweat: Gangs deathmatches? Organized robbery against the ia? Just chaos around the city?

Last edited:
Top Bottom