• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA VI Official Trailer

3liteDragon

Single biggest entertainment IP of all time, definitely will become the biggest selling game of all time as well.

image.png

Last edited:

scalman

hmm why it doesnt look that mindblowing for me.. i mean look at cb2077 open world , and lookt at that city in trailer.. cars driving at night look at lights from cars...maybe it shouldnt be realistic but then why people models are realistic...
rly nothing special at least from trailer... who cares about crazy npc's that lives there ...and what about driving car as that large part of all gta's . yes lots questions .. and 2025... i wonder what next gen visuals we will get at 2025... hope this wont get old by then
gta 5 trailer whenit came out bloew my away , rdr 2 trailer blew me away as well... this ... not so much ...at least trailer. music and stuff

Last edited:

hinch7

Pretty sure that a big part of gaffers don't give a fuck about gta online and they mostly care about the campaign.

To this day i have no fucking idea of what you actually do in gta online :lollipop_grinning_sweat: Gangs deathmatches? Organized robbery against the ia? Just chaos around the city?
People like to mess around in cities but with other players online which can lead to madness and a lot of fun. You can participate in races or group up for specifcally made multiplayer missions which you get rewarded in-game currency to spend on things upon completion. And there is PVP, as in you can fight against other players. Which more times than not can be super toxic, as you can imagine. Especially for beginners verses high level players or whales that are pimped out (its pretty much pay to win), plus cheaters.

There's a lot to do with in-game made money. Customisations of your characters, can buy apartment, weapons, cars and tune them etc. And there is a progression system, with levels which kinda makes it an RPG-lite in a way.

Last edited:

Senua

Gold Member
hmm why it doesnt look that mindblowing for me.. i mean look at cb2077 open world , and lookt at that city in trailer.. cars driving at night look at lights from cars...maybe it shouldnt be realistic but then why people models are realistic...
rly nothing special at least from trailer... who cares about crazy npc's that lives there ...and what about driving car as that large part of all gta's . yes lots questions .. and 2025... i wonder what next gen visuals we will get at 2025... hope this wont get old by then
gta 5 trailer whenit came out bloew my away , rdr 2 trailer blew me away as well... this ... not so much ...at least trailer. music and stuff

dripping ice cream GIF

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year

cars driving at night look at lights from cars...maybe it shouldnt be realistic but then why people models are realistic...

GTA was never about photo realistic graphics. It always had this little cartoony (typical GTA style themed) graphics over it. Semi realistic imo.

rly nothing special at least from trailer... who cares about crazy npc's that lives there ...and what about driving car as that large part of all gta's

It adds so much depth to the world, and in comparison with CP. GTA cities are alive and NPC's are much more advanced. Cyberpunk was already pretty liveless in general. I haven't played the DLC but it won't match GTA 6 and it never will.

and what about driving car as that large part of all gta's . yes lots questions

The driving? Well at least every previous GTA already has a better driving model then CP has. CP driving model was so bad. Maybe the DLC has some improvements, but still won't be more fun then GTA.

I would never choose CP2077 over GTA for the open world and interaction. They won't match Rockstar at all. CP2077 is a fun shooter with added RT to mask the boringness of the world. Other then that Rockstar beats them in every other area when it's about openworld.

Last edited:
They had to rush something out to get ahead of all the leaks. Who knows if they can even reach 2025 lmao.

Stafford

So I saw a few people in videos and forums claiming that Rockstar is known for showing certain things in trailers and it's not in the final release.

These people mean the really crowded and busy beach scene with each NPC having different behaviour, but also just the amount. So they seem to expect it won't be nearly as crowded and detailed in that way. Now I know for sure that graphically Rockstar doesn't really do downgrades. The first GTA V trailer wasn't as beautiful as the later trailers and the final release certainly was no downgrade, same for RDR2.

But I guess I never really paid attention to the amount of stuff going on, NPCs doing different shit. Was this truly so different in the games itself? I hope not, because I love how full of life the city is in this trailer.

dotnotbot

So I saw a few people in videos and forums claiming that Rockstar is known for showing certain things in trailers and it's not in the final release.

These people mean the really crowded and busy beach scene with each NPC having different behaviour, but also just the amount. So they seem to expect it won't be nearly as crowded and detailed in that way. Now I know for sure that graphically Rockstar doesn't really do downgrades. The first GTA V trailer wasn't as beautiful as the later trailers and the final release certainly was no downgrade, same for RDR2.

But I guess I never really paid attention to the amount of stuff going on, NPCs doing different shit. Was this truly so different in the games itself? I hope not, because I love how full of life the city is in this trailer.

Some shots may be taken from in-game rendered cinematics, just like GTA V trailers. So those will be potentially more crowded and better animated.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Fuck, usually rockstar starts with the trailers much closer to a games release.

Not at all true.

The first GTAV trailer dropped November 2011 and the release wasn’t until September 2013.

Same with RDR2. First trailer was October 2016 and the release was October 2018.

FeralEcho

Theres no way people actually think like this lol

Has to be a pasta
Toons in regards to GymWolf's post....

Also Toons...
This games 100% going to have a couple gay characters in it at some point, probably drag queens and transvestites too walling around. Just from the vibes shown in the trailer thsts gonna be there they are clesrly being authentic.

and I'm preparing a bag of popcorn for reading the comments here when that becomes clear to everyone

Anthony Anderson Reaction GIF by Cameo

Thaedolus

Good, fuck him.

Wait, scratch that, he would probably like it.
I mean fuck Rockstar, because they know people like me can’t resist playing it first on PS5 then buying it again on PC…I’ve double dipped on every GTA since 3, I quadruple dipped on 5…but also bless Rockstar because they make GTA and this looks awesome. At least I know with the power of Cerny I shouldn’t have the problem of assets not loading in on time like I did with GTA V on PS3

elmos-acc

I am still a bit salty about whatever they did to the mountain region shown in the first GTA V trailer. But technically, it's not a downgrade. Also, fingereless gloves in GTA IV?

I guess we'll see. Looking back at the first GTA V trailer, it does make the world look more alive than it actually is. Of course it could be the same here, your brain perceives the trailer editing and short glimpses of handpicked imagery differently than if you were to control your character in the world.

Yesh..No. I don't agree with this at all because CP city was as lifeless and artificial as they come when it came to actual npc interactions & having them do other things GTA 6 is gonna have wayy more npc features and a better driving system imo

Xbox always was my preferred console until everything started coming to PC

That said I want a new console every 4 to 5 years as 8 years on consoles nowadays is just way too long

And no way Xbox is holding off until 2028, I don't care what leaked documents said that were a year or two old, I am certain they have shifted gears
I just don't see how they launch a new console ahead of Sony and make it feel like next gen has arrived. They can show prettier graphics sure, but inevitably they would need to run a full cross gen strategy for years, as it is critical to their whole cloud, any device concept.

If you go early and cut off Series S/X, they'll piss people off. And assuming you are correct (I am confident you are), I just don't know what Xbox can do to make it feel like you're missing out by not picking up whatever the next console is? You can play their games anywhere. Sony and Microsoft basically have feature parity. Sony have the edge on things like VR or extra controller features.

Maybe they'll surprise me. But I just don't see the benefit.

Kikorin

Do you expect it to have gore like Red Dead 2? I'm not, but I'd like if will.

GTA 3 had it (terrible execution, but it was there), Vice City had exploding heads, later nothing more if I remember well.

Interfectum

I just don't see how they launch a new console ahead of Sony and make it feel like next gen has arrived. They can show prettier graphics sure, but inevitably they would need to run a full cross gen strategy for years, as it is critical to their whole cloud, any device concept.

If you go early and cut off Series S/X, they'll piss people off. And assuming you are correct (I am confident you are), I just don't know what Xbox can do to make it feel like you're missing out by not picking up whatever the next console is? You can play their games anywhere. Sony and Microsoft basically have feature parity. Sony have the edge on things like VR or extra controller features.

Maybe they'll surprise me. But I just don't see the benefit.
Two new pieces of hardware that could be game changers:

1) Xbox / PC hybrid console. Plays all Xbox games, can install Steam, etc. More powerful than Series X.
2) Portable Series S

There is far more going on in GTA than CP2077. Bigger map, more vehicles, more people, greater draw distance, more activities, simulations, animations and so on. Next-Gen is more than just visuals. All the clips shown are just a miniscule chunk if a massive game.

Last edited:
Two new pieces of hardware that could be game changers:

1) Xbox / PC hybrid console. Plays all Xbox games, can install Steam, etc. More powerful than Series X.
2) Portable Series S
Maybe?

I don't know. The PC hybrid could be interesting if they absolutely nail the specs and pricing, but I'm not sure it's realistic. Would love to be wrong.

I feel like a portable Xbox would have about as much success as the Vita did.

Stafford

I am still a bit salty about whatever they did to the mountain region shown in the first GTA V trailer. But technically, it's not a downgrade. Also, fingereless gloves in GTA IV?

I guess we'll see. Looking back at the first GTA V trailer, it does make the world look more alive than it actually is. Of course it could be the same here, your brain perceives the trailer editing and short glimpses of handpicked imagery differently than if you were to control your character in the world.

That's very true, and yeah that mountain. I remember it looking better in the first trailer. I also remember a jogging dude and two ladies looking back at him when he passed them by, I never saw this in the game itself.

I guess several of the things in this trailer might not necessarily be stuff we see while we play ourselves. For example the guy pulling the gator out of the pool, that seems to be a social media video, but it would be fantastic to see this ourselves while we explore that game world. Or when driving or walking around and we see woman on top of other cars twerking. In this trailer that's merely a social media video. We'll have to wait and see.

As for that beach, I wonder how realistic NPC behavior will be in terms of.....will they leave the beach at a certain ingame time and go home? There's always a limit to this but it's the kind of shit I can't wait to check out.

Outlier

so looking at the artwork

does anyone feel Lucia is very controlling and manipulative of Jason who is "passive"?
The impression I'm getting is Lucia is in trouble and is trying to find a way to escape. Jason falls for her and simps... I MEAN wants to help her. Don't know whether Lucia feels the same for him and wants to run away with him or is just using him.

The trailer song hints that Jason maybe sees a future with her that she does NOT share.

Senua

Gold Member
The impression I'm getting is Lucia is in trouble and is trying to find a way to escape. Jason falls for her and simps... I MEAN wants to help her. Don't know whether Lucia feels the same for him and wants to run away with him or is just using him.

The trailer song hints that Jason maybe sees a future with her that she does NOT share.
A tale as old as time. Way before people were yelling SIMP on the interwebs

GymWolf

Gold Member
I mean fuck Rockstar, because they know people like me can’t resist playing it first on PS5 then buying it again on PC…I’ve double dipped on every GTA since 3, I quadruple dipped on 5…but also bless Rockstar because they make GTA and this looks awesome. At least I know with the power of Cerny I shouldn’t have the problem of assets not loading in on time like I did with GTA V on PS3
What rockstar does is what sony does or capcom does with monster hunter and i'm probably missing some other big examples.

At least rockstar and capcom had become predictable and you know for a fact that the pc version is 1 year\year and a half away, with sony it is fucking unpredictable and you don't even know how much you have to wait or if the game is gonna actually come to pc at all.

So why even tweeting against rockstar when a lot of publisher do the same shit? The dude just wanted some social media clout.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I took you to be a more rational poster, but I guess I was wrong. Who do you think you're gaslighting, exactly?

Anyway, reasonable and literate people can see that my original comment was that "woke" is not currently an accurate label for this game, so I don't think further explanation is needed.

The bolded part I agree with. 100% correct there. I think the term "woke" has been overused anyway. I was talking about all the other stuff you were saying about progressives in that post.

intbal

San Andreas was my last GTA, so I haven't really been paying attention to this game.
Is Lucia the sole playable character?

Stafford

I rewatched all the GTA V trailers and man, if VI manages to drop in the first half of 2025, we probably are gonna get bombarded with trailers next year. Because I forgot how many trailers V got. However, they did have three protagonists and they all had a dedicated trailer.

But it was nice seeing those trailers again, and maybe apart from a few parts, I didn't see much stuff that wasn't in the final game.

Top Bottom