• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA VI Official Trailer

Stafford

See, this is the kind of shit I don't get. Yes the game looks good, but not impossibly good. This is the evolution we should expect from more powerful hardware. In fact, if you watch comparison videos of V vs VI you can see V holds up nicely for a ten year old game. VI has the better lighting, better character models and way more of them all at once. Those are the biggest improvements. People and their hyperbole bullshit bro.

Senua

Gold Member

See, this is the kind of shit I don't get. Yes the game looks good, but not impossibly good. This is the evolution we should expect from more powerful hardware. In fact, if you watch comparison videos of V vs VI you can see V holds up nicely for a ten year old game. VI has the better lighting, better character models and way more of them all at once. Those are the biggest improvements. People and their hyperbole bullshit bro.

Yea it's totally do-able, most of the wow factor is due to the brilliant artistry and animations. Not taking anything away from the tech which is also very impressive, but it's doable...obviously as it's happening. wew!

Thaimasker

I also don't get it because Rockstar has consistently pushed what we thought possible on much worse hardware , above even those devs. Especially as those are early cross gen games with far less resources, time, money, and talent.

so looking at the artwork

does anyone feel Lucia is very controlling and manipulative of Jason who is "passive"?

Trailer_1_Illustration_%2816x9%29.jpg
Ever dated a woman? Lol

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
not sure if thats been posted yet... but that is so cringe. the CEO begging an account to post a video lmao

This is sad man. Elon is my guy, but he really screwed up Twitter and that whole purchase. It's just so so bad man.

RespawnX

1080-1440p rendering upscaled to 4k @30fps.

We have already seen some cutbacks in the trailer that point to the version for the current console generation. Coupled with the reduced render resolution, this is feasible. You just have to rely on a decent reconstruction method.

mortal

Gold Member
The number of weirdos coming out of the woodwork to farm engagement from GTA VI is sad, but expected.
Seems like just about everyone has an angle or agenda, be it on the left or right, want that GTA VI algorithm bump.

Last edited:

saintjules

RYw1BvJ.jpg

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Was reading the song lyrics and yeah, somewhere down the line I believe Rockstar will make you choose either Jason or Lucia.

The way they seem to be going, the theme was a very good choice.

Last edited:

Hugare

Yea it's totally do-able, most of the wow factor is due to the brilliant artistry and animations. Not taking anything away from the tech which is also very impressive, but it's doable...obviously as it's happening. wew!

RTGI + RT reflections, as pointed out by Digital Foundry, would be pretty nuts

That scene with the "Rockstar Presentes" at the beach, you can see RTGI present on far, far away buildings.

It may be doable 'cause it's Rockstar, but man ... No other open world game is even close to doing RTGI at this scale on consoles, let alone RTGI + RT Reflections

It would be a HUGE feat, even by cutting down resolution to sub 1440p and limiting the game to 30 FPS

Plus, they have to make it run on the Series S with the ray tracing features

It may be possible, but it's not obvious by any means. And it would be some black magic shit.

So I dont blame him for doubting it right now 2 years from launch

Last edited:

Stafford

What is this source on about? I kinda expected better from them. Pre-rendered?

RTGI + RT reflections, as pointed out by Digital Foundry, would be pretty nuts

That scene with the "Rockstar Presentes" at the beach, you can see RTGI present on far, far away buildings.

It may be doable 'cause it's Rockstar, but man ... No other open world game is even close to doing RTGI at this scale on consoles, let alone RTGI + RT Reflections

It would be a HUGE feat, even by cutting down resolution to sub 1440p and limiting the game to 30 FPS

Plus, they have to make it run on the Series S with the ray tracing features

It may be possible, but it's not obvious by any means. And it would be some black magic shit.

So I dont blame him for doubting it right now 2 years from launch

Hmmm, I see your point there. I forgot about the raytracing. Honestly if they have to either cut back on lots of crowds or RT, I say scrap RT. But that's just me.

For a second I thought Rockstar again said this, but they didn't. So at least it's nothing new. I knew is from the Jason S article.

Woggleman

Was reading the song lyrics and yeah, somewhere down the line I believe Rockstar will make you choose either Jason or Lucia.

The way they seem to be going, the theme was a very good choice.
I hope there is a third option that allows us to choose both and have them happily ever after.

Toons

Toons in regards to GymWolf's post....

Also Toons...

Anthony Anderson Reaction GIF by Cameo

Eh? I'm saying I'm going to enjoy the comments melting down because some of them are already doing that. I have no problem with the game having gay characters or whatever. Its GTA, im expecting all sorts of folks in there.

Stafford

Am I the only one hoping the cars will handle different than V in terms of feel? While they drive better than IV, I genuinely had more fun driving the cars in IV. Yes it looks ridiculous if you look at it now, but I don't know man, it was a joy just driving around. I didn't have that as much in V.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Pretty sure that a big part of gaffers don't give a fuck about gta online and they mostly care about the campaign.

To this day i have no fucking idea of what you actually do in gta online :lollipop_grinning_sweat: Gangs deathmatches? Organized robbery against the ia? Just chaos around the city?
Heists, messing with other players, and general chaos.

Stafford

How do you guys feel about gore? I say, fuck it, go Dead Island 2 with this mofo, lol. I know that won't happen, but RDR2 levels of gore should be the minimum. And honestly, if you don't want it, why don't Rockstar put in a option to disable gore? Doesn't RDR2 actually have that?

Gambit2483

I rewatched all the GTA V trailers and man, if VI manages to drop in the first half of 2025, we probably are gonna get bombarded with trailers next year. Because I forgot how many trailers V got. However, they did have three protagonists and they all had a dedicated trailer.

But it was nice seeing those trailers again, and maybe apart from a few parts, I didn't see much stuff that wasn't in the final game.
We'll get at least 3 more trailers, including the final launch trailer. So maybe a "Jason" based trailer in May/June and a "Wild n Crazy" (focusing on side activities/secondary characters/overview) trailer in September/October and the final (storybased) launch trailer in 1st half 2025...if I had to guess

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
To be completely honest. I like tight & mostly firm butts. Not the huuuge bif fat ones who North America seems to prefer.

gLR7jbP.jpg
We call that "culo a mandolino" in italy.

You may want to search for keyra agustina, the queen of tight asses.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

Yeah, 35 years of gaming and he has yet to grasp the concept of generational leaps, let alone 2 generation leaps since there was no GTA game last gen.

Some people just dont have an imagination. Nothing here looks out of the realm of possibility. They chose that non-photorealistic art style for a reason. They dont think they can get there this gen and made cutbacks there. Matrix still looks better and we played it on consoles two years ago. This game destroys the Matrix in other ways like level of detail, and NPC simulations which is clearly their priority over fancy Matrix quality visuals.

Also, while I can understand getting PTSD from constant ubisoft and EA downgrades, Rockstar dont do downgrades. They cherrypick yes, but the final games look on par if not better. Same will be true here.

Stafford

Yeah, 35 years of gaming and he has yet to grasp the concept of generational leaps, let alone 2 generation leaps since there was no GTA game last gen.

Some people just dont have an imagination. Nothing here looks out of the realm of possibility. They chose that non-photorealistic art style for a reason. They dont think they can get there this gen and made cutbacks there. Matrix still looks better and we played it on consoles two years ago. This game destroys the Matrix in other ways like level of detail, and NPC simulations which is clearly their priority over fancy Matrix quality visuals.

Also, while I can understand getting PTSD from constant ubisoft and EA downgrades, Rockstar dont do downgrades. They cherrypick yes, but the final games look on par if not better. Same will be true here.

Facts!

Look, I don't expect every single NPC in that game world to do their own unique thing, just look at RDR2. Some just walk around aimlessly and that's fine too, but plenty do have their own activity and I love it in that game. But I am super excited to just walk in this map and see what NPCs do, interact with them, I expect a evolved interaction feature from RDR2 here. Where will NPCs walk off to? Will some of them truly go back to their homes etc?

I am sure there will be limits too. Take the camp in RDR2 for example. If you just stand at the campfire I had many times that nobody would go sit down there. I then walked towards the horses a little, went back and all of a sudden the whole gang was at the campfire, so I definitely expect these kind of refreshes or resets here too.

"we gotta talk, GTA" yeah good luck with that. 😂

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Facts!

Look, I don't expect every single NPC in that game world to do their own unique thing, just look at RDR2. Some just walk around aimlessly and that's fine too, but plenty do have their own activity and I love it in that game. But I am super excited to just walk in this map and see what NPCs do, interact with them, I expect a evolved interaction feature from RDR2 here. Where will NPCs walk off to? Will some of them truly go back to their homes etc?

I am sure there will be limits too. Take the camp in RDR2 for example. If you just stand at the campfire I had many times that nobody would go sit down there. I then walked towards the horses a little, went back and all of a sudden the whole gang was at the campfire, so I definitely expect these kind of refreshes or resets here too.

"we gotta talk, GTA" yeah good luck with that. 😂

Good luck, clown.

Am I the only one hoping the cars will handle different than V in terms of feel? While they drive better than IV, I genuinely had more fun driving the cars in IV. Yes it looks ridiculous if you look at it now, but I don't know man, it was a joy just driving around. I didn't have that as much in V.
I just replayed through GTA V and then IV the past few weeks.

I had way more fun driving in V, but that's mainly because of the more wide-open nature of V. Going to IV right after, there is little opportunity to get up to max speed like you can in V, and good luck trying to maneuver significantly in IV once you are.

IV is probably more realistic both in handling and physics modeling, but I'm going with V for the fun factor. Pulling off outrageous bullet-time maneuvers with Franklin.

GudOlRub

I wouldn't be surprised if GTA6 completely sweeps 2025...barring we have another insane year like this year (2023) again.
GOW won against RDR2 so who knows...
Don't get me wrong, I loved GOW and the game was a blast to play through but a technical and narrative masterpiece like RDR2 losing to it is still one of the most dumbfounding things I've seen on the game awards.

Top Bottom