• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

HeySeuss

I swear on everything that is holy if someone accidentally spoils this movie like someone did for Cap2
hydra
I will lose my shit.

Please don't say anything more about the Collector part. I don't want to have to go on blackout from this thread.

Yes. There is a scene with the collector about half way in that is going to rip a giant hole in the cosmic Marvel cinematic universe. Your minds will be blown. Think really cosmic. Super cosmic.

image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php

Donos

Only two days to go.(Berlin, Germany)

Besides the first trailer i avoided media so far. They already show to much nowadays.

Even my GF is now looking forward to it after seeing the second trailer.

Experien

The Collector scene has a lot of stuff in it...if you read the comics/obsessed. As for people who haven't, it is a scene of glass cages that you just say okay too.

It was a lot of fun though.

They pulled the tag from preview screenings and such? That's -really- weird...They didn't do that for Cap 2 and I'd say that one was pretty major. This must have some crazy ass implications. Or it's not done yet?

Del Toro's only in a few scenes? So he's going to be doing much more stuff later then, right? You don't book him for a few scenes

Also, I normally go into these movies knowing the synopsis/spoilers because, well, that's just how I watch movies. I might fly in blind though.

number11

Sigh.. I accidentally went to the last page of the spoiler thread and read something major :(

They pulled the tag from preview screenings and such? That's -really- weird...They didn't do that for Cap 2 and I'd say that one was pretty major. This must have some crazy ass implications. Or it's not done yet?

Del Toro's only in a few scenes? So he's going to be doing much more stuff later then, right? You don't book him for a few scenes

Also, I normally go into these movies knowing the synopsis/spoilers because, well, that's just how I watch movies. I might fly in blind though.

Those characters at the end of Cap 2 were already announced.. So it wasn't really a big surprise/spoiler

Experien

Gunn was afraid of press spoiling the movie because reviewers are idiots and do that all the time for money. I'm hoping the IMAX screening next week might have it attached. but everything is done.

Del Toro really only has one scene. You see his face in the main one, the other one is like 10 seconds of his back. There is a lot going on in this movie so they probably just wanted some well known guy who connects the movies and maybe pull things together more in future Marvel movies.

Wurst

Gunn was afraid of press spoiling the movie because reviewers are idiots and do that all the time for money. I'm hoping the IMAX screening next week might have it attached. but everything is done.

Del Toro really only has one scene. You see his face in the main one, the other one is like 10 seconds of his back. There is a lot going on in this movie so they probably just wanted some well known guy who connects the movies and maybe pull things together more in future Marvel movies.

I'm curious how you'd rate and rank the movie?

Dave_6

Thanks for the impressions J10! I was already hyped for this film and once I saw the 17 min preview I knew I was sold. Little over a week to go!

I'm staying out of the spoiler thread for sure!

Experien

I'm curious how you'd rate and rank the movie?

I thought it was quite fun and I am anxious to see it again next week. Made me want to run out and buy the LEGO sets. I feel like I can't place it among the other Marvel movies because it felt more like a space opera than a superhero movie...and I loved that!

The space shots are gorgeous and image in IMAX might be truly killer.

Fletcher

Bought my tickets for the 31st, but man I wish they would screen this at Comic-Con this week. This has been my most hyped for Marvel movie since they announced it. So stoked!

J10

Banned
Hey guys how was Drax/Dave Bautista in the film?

Would you believe me if I told you he actually steals one or two scenes? I had zero expectations that he could really act, but man he's really good in this. Funnily enough, it's the physical stuff by him that left me a little disappointed.

Would you believe me if I told you he actually steals one or two scenes? I had zero expectations that he could really act, but man he's really good in this. Funnily enough, it's the physical stuff by him that left me a little disappointed.

DAMN IT, J10 STOP YOU'RE MAKING ME TOO HYPE TO CONTROL MYSELF

Neoxon

DON'T DO THIS TO ME, MY HYPE IS ALREADY STARTING TO TAKE OVER!!!

Top Bottom