• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I had a feeling Drax/Batista would be awesome in this. He was super enthusiastic about the role.

milena87

I must control my hype, since this is coming so late in Italy.

And somehow I'm reading this thread and that mini-review. I should stop doing this to myself.

Experien

I had a feeling Drax/Batista would be awesome in this. He was super enthusiastic about the role.

Well his only other movie was the awful Man with the Iron Fist.

He does his role well but I'd argue that it isn't the hardest to portray a guy who plays everything straight.

Cetra

I don't post in here much, but I read this thread habitually. I think I'm gonna have to stop because it's making me crazy with hype.

Well his only other movie was the awful Man with the Iron Fist.

THINK AGAIN SUCKA
Wrong_Side_of_Town_.jpg

Please don't watch this movie, it's absolutely terrible. Don't listen to Vince McMahon when he says to watch it too, it's a trap

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I wish it was coming out this week instead of next week. I am seeing this day one, DAY FUCKING ONE. All of the impressions so far seem to point to it being one of the best Marvel movies yet, right up there with Avengers and CA:TWS, which is better than I could have hoped for. So many Firefly / original Star Wars comparisons. I am so incredibly hyped for this that I may have to call in sick next Friday and see it first thing in the day.

If you had told me ten years ago that we would someday not only get a GotG movie, but a GOOD GotG movie with a budget no less, I would have laughed so hard I cried. Now it's actually a reality. What have I done to deserve this Marvel?

J10

Banned
I thought it was quite fun and I am anxious to see it again next week. Made me want to run out and buy the LEGO sets. I feel like I can't place it among the other Marvel movies because it felt more like a space opera than a superhero movie...and I loved that!

The space shots are gorgeous and image in IMAX might be truly killer.

Yeah, I wanna second the notion that this is not a superhero movie. Straight up space adventure is a more apt description. It's not Avengers In Space.

It's more like Big Trouble In Little China In Space.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Would you believe me if I told you he actually steals one or two scenes? I had zero expectations that he could really act, but man he's really good in this. Funnily enough, it's the physical stuff by him that left me a little disappointed.

STOP HYPING ME

Neoxon

I must survive the week. Comic-Con will sustain me until Guardians.

Oh shit, the Spoiler Thread is already well into its second page.

A guy on another forum I frequent (dayonepatch.com's entertainment forum) saw it last night and has confirmed it is the best Marvel movie yet. He said it has the best action, best humour, best set/costumes, and best music.

My hype cannot be contained!

A guy on another forum I frequent (dayonepatch.com's entertainment forum) saw it last night and has confirmed it is the best Marvel movie yet. He said it has the best action, best humour, best set/costumes, and best music.

I'm so glad it has been confirmed.

Experien

The best cause it isn't a superhero movie?

FUCK. SPOILER THREAD. I'm getting so close to having something spoiled help D:

Yeah, you should stay away cause the whole movie has been dished out there in pretty good detail too.

J10

Banned

It doesn't have the best action. That's one area in which it's lacking. Avengers and Winter Soldier had much better action. Good looking movie though. FANTASTIC makeup and practical sets.

It doesn't have the best action. That's one area in which it's lacking. Avengers and Winter Soldier had much better action. Good looking movie though. FANTASTIC makeup and practical sets.

Obviously subjective, but if the action in the rest of the film is up to the quality of what I saw in the Kyln escape sequence, I'll be pretty satisfied.

J10

Banned
Some generic, but colorful chase scenes. Some generic fight scenes. Yondu and Groot have the best action stuff. They both SHOW UP.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Can you only get that from comic con? If so, the generic movie poster will do me. I'll frame it.

Experien

Can you only get that from comic con? If so, the generic movie poster will do me. I'll frame it.

It might be but just see if you can find a high enough quality and print it yourself.

I wish they gave that out at the 17 minute preview than the multi-color one :/ But I'd imagine they will give out posters at the first IMAX showing.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Marvel did it again? Got damn.

WHEN'S DR. STRANGE MOVIE? (I only know him from MvC3)

Marvel did it again? Got damn.

WHEN'S DR. STRANGE MOVIE? (I only know him from MvC3)

A director's been announced, with casting coming "soon" according to Feige, possibly at Comic Con this weekend.

Also, yeah I know I said I was bowing out of this thread, but I can't help but partake in the hype!

Top Bottom