• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series screens and cast

benzopil

Premiering this Spring

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series is a brand new story of the universe's unlikeliest heroes: Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, Rocket, and Groot. In the wake of an epic battle, the Guardians discover an artifact of unspeakable power. Each of them has a reason to desire this relic, as does a ruthless enemy who is the last of her kind, and who will stop at nothing to tear it from their hands.

From Earth to the Milano to Knowhere and beyond, and set to the beat of awesome music, you wear the rocket-powered boots of Star-Lord in an original Guardians adventure, where your decisions and actions drive the story you experience.

The series will feature a star-studded cast of voice talent, including Scott Porter (Friday Night Lights, The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series) as Star-Lord, Emily O'Brien (The Young and the Restless, Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor) as Gamora, Nolan North (the Uncharted series, Pretty Little Liars) as Rocket, Brandon Paul Eells (Watch Dogs) as Drax, and Adam Harrington (The Wolf Among Us, League of Legends) as Groot.

ZmM92QD.jpg

8a0enCf.jpg

EWDaMdn.jpg

0oKQTk2.jpg

Drayco21

Screens look awful; like they're using Contest of Champions character models. And of course it's just the movie cast. Blegh.

Nolan North (the Uncharted series, Pretty Little Liars) as Rocket

Terrible, but I wasn't going to be happy with this thing no matter what they do.

Neoxon

Nolan North is reprising his role from Disney Infinity, in case you're curious.

Hopefully this comes to Switch (as rumored).

Zukkoyaki

Looks waaaaayy more impressive visually than I expected. Kind of reminds me of MvC3 and its almost comic book aesthetic.

iTehDroiD

Neo Member
Featuring a stable 20fps, tons of crashes and all that while running at the lowest resolution your console has ever seen.

Fbh

Looks good.

Hopefully it reaches 1080p and 30 fps on consoles....And yeah, it's ridiculous having to say this

Neoxon

ctrl+f "Greg Ellis"

bah
He's played the character before, and wasn't good. I guess he's an improvement over Steve Blum's Rocket at least.

Greg Ellis or bust.
Greg Ellis hasn't voiced Rocket in years since Marvel moved away from Rocket having a Cockney accent (thanks to the MCU). Due to this, don't be surprised if Rocket's VA in MvCI ends up getting recast.

That said, I would have preferred Trevor Devall.

Greg Ellis hasn't voiced Rocket in years since Marvel moved away from Rocket having a Cockney accent (thanks to the MCU). Due to this, don't be surprised if Rocket's VA in MvCI ends up getting recast.

I know all this and I'm still disappointed.

I understand wanting to utilize the aesthetic of the film, as that's how nearly everyone knows these characters, but some of those screens look directly lifted from the film.

Take some creative liberties, telltale.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I understand wanting to utilize the aesthetic of the film, as that's how nearly everyone knows these characters, but some of those screens look directly lifted from the film.

Take some creative liberties, telltale.

Maybe that's the point. To look like the movies.

Honestly, the game looks way better than I thought it would, visually. It's Telltale, why is everyone so surprised?

Terrible, but I wasn't going to be happy with this thing no matter what they do.

Nolan North is actually really, really talented and can make lots of impressive voices, it's just that shallow game directors love Nathan Drake and want that character in their game. Give him a shot before counting him out.

Graphics look pretty good. Gamora and Drax are a little closer to the comics which is interesting.

I think Bosmon officially lost a bet with these screen releases.

Joeku

Who are the creatives behind this? The Tales from the Borderlands peeps? Because that would be a perfect fit.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Hey Telltale. Fur shading was like a fucking thing on the PS2. Chop chop.

Top Bottom