• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series screens and cast

Neoxon

but I can watch the movie, if I want the movie, and it'll probably be better
Tell that to Marvel. They've been pursuing more of an MCU aesthetic in their cartoons & games for the sake of attracting movie fans as of late, even though the stories may be different.

Insomniac's Spider-Man is kind of the exception, but even he has MCU shutter eyes for the mask.

Really excited for this.

Telltale's been knocking it out of the park in recent years. The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us, Tales from the Borderlands, Batman have all been fantastic, performance issues aside.

Drayco21

Tell that to Marvel. They've been pursuing more of an MCU aesthetic for the sake of attracting movie fans as of late, even though the stories may be different.

And it's truly paying off dividends in their comic sales! Doing great!

Hopefully they realize soon that rubbing MCU pandering over everything they do isn't the instant key to success- and the reason the MCU itself is so successful is giving strong creators the opportunity to craft a unique vision from the source material.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Looks good, and if tales from the borderlands is anything to go by then i expect it to be as funny.

qZ7DXPO.png

"Gentlemen, welcome back to... 2009!"

Hopefully they realize soon that rubbing MCU pandering over everything they do isn't the instant key to success- and the reason the MCU itself is so successful is giving strong creators the opportunity to craft a unique vision from the source material.

Comic sales are redundant since good stuff still get cancelled after 12 issues. MCU Guardians is what the majority recognize and relate to. It's being consistent with an IP that's worth a lot of money now compared to 10 years ago.

Sesha

Graphics look pretty good. Gamora and Drax are a little closer to the comics which is interesting.

I think Bosmon officially lost a bet with these screen releases.

I still can't believe Kyle made that stupid bet. I guess he just likes making himself look like a clown for the entertainment value.

Marvel thinking comic-movie parity will attract people to the comics is so silly. People simply don't want to read comics regardless of what versions of characters are being used.

Vibranium

Banned
Nolan North as Rocket is good news. I've accepted that the Guardians will have their MCU look for a long time for business purposes, so I'm on board. I mean I would love Star Lord to rock the DnA helmet+mask and blue coat but it probably will never come back.

Probably will wait until all of the episodes are out and when it's cheap.

DOWN

Banned
Their engine is why i stopped buying their games

Like your engine should not be scaring badly between iPhone 5S and PS4... one of them should at least look and run well

So you're never going to play this then?

Guess that's how it's going to be. Haven't played a telltale game since wolf among us since telltales keep failing on the technical side. Real shame because they've got a good range of diverse brands.

Indelible

Really excited for this, haven't enjoyed a Telltale game since Tales from the Borderlands and I hope GOTG has a similar tone.

Compsiox

Banned
Rule #1 or Telltale games: Buy when all episodes are out because they'll discount the season pass before they release.

Stiler

Dang, was really hoping they'd have been able to get the movie cast to do the voice, that would have been amazing.

What bet?
Back when this fist leaked to be happening, he made a really dumb bet on the Easy Allies podcast along the lines that the game wouldn't have much of a tie to the movie(s) and that the game would focus on the comic book version of the team or a new character not from the movies. Something to that effect. I forget the actual details.

I still can't believe Kyle made that stupid bet. I guess he just likes making himself look like a clown for the entertainment value.
Yeah lol. While he was making it I was like "What are you thinking? In what world would they do that?".

Back when this fist leaked to be happening, he made a really dumb bet on the Easy Allies podcast along the lines that the game wouldn't have much of a tie to the movie(s) and that the game would focus on the comic book version fo the team or a new character not from the movies. Something to that effect. I forget the actual details.

Yeah lol. While he was making it I was like "What are you thinking? In what world would they do that?".

That's a pretty dumb bet since the comics are kinda like the movies now.

FireRises

Nolan North is reprising his role from Disney Infinity, in case you're curious.

Hopefully this comes to Switch (as rumored).

I don't know if I'd want to play a TT game on Switch.. they have such poor performance no matter what machine you're running it on.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I actually really like the graphics. Have a very distinct look about them.

Like, fur shading wouldn't look good in this type of visual setup IMO.

BiggNife

I really hope this doesn't run as awful as Batman did. It was a pretty solid game but the performance on PC was pathetic, and I've heard it borders on unplayable on consoles.

Kevin Bruner really needs to swallow his pride and just let his team use Unreal instead of the shitty ten year old engine he made himself.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Well looks like they are using a new engine

I believe they stated this is the same engine overhaul as Batman, but further along so it can actually take advantage of it.

I get the sense Batman launched on an unfinished version of their engine overhaul, which is why it ran so horrifically.

Neoxon

Dang, was really hoping they'd have been able to get the movie cast to do the voice, that would have been amazing.
The movie actors are likely busy with Infinity War. Plus they'd be too expensive for this game (though I could see Chris Pratt being willing to come on, given his voice acting experience).

GeeTeeCee

I was expecting it to use a similar art style to The Wolf Among Us/Tales From the Borderlands/Batman, so the actual style is going to take some real adjusting to. I'm not super keen on it right now.

GavinUK86

Looks amazing. The best looking Telltale game so far I think. It looks like they've eased off on the thick black outline, which is a good thing. Textures look improved. I like the character designs. Great voice cast, Scott Porter and Nolan North are perfect fits. Can't wait.

Performance has never been an issue for me because I play em on PC. I don't ever recall having a technical issue with any TT game, and that includes going all the way back to BttF and JP.

Still waiting for TWD S3E3 though. Come on TT.

Top Bottom