• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd PC |OT| Get down to 4k rock!

Saikyo

I wonder what ArcSys'll do if the "niche" market manages to do better in launch sales than the "primary" market did back in 2014. Eat their hats?
Nothing.

I mean maybe earlier ports (like 2 months after the localization of console ports) but nothing big like a simultaneous release, remember that there are localized prices...

With a ± 4,169 margin of error. But It's looking good for the 5th day. There will probably be a big influx in sales on the last day for people trying to catch the discount.

Week one JP Sales:

[PS3] Guilty Gear Xrd (Arc System Works) {2014.12.04} - 27,278 / NEW

[PS4] Guilty Gear Xrd (Arc System Works) {2014.12.04} - 12,638 / NEW

It was able to pull 100,000 in Japan by September.

Wonder what it is for worldwide numbers.

I really sincerely hope this sends a message. The PC version of the game has gotten me back into Xrd in a big way and having seen some Revelator footage I really want to get my hands on a PC version ASAP.

Pls ArcSys don't make me buy Revelator on PS3. :(

I'd like to say I feel confident that this port's sales will convince them to make PC as a platform a priority. But I dunno. The original PC port of BBCT did really well, six figures worth, even before it started being in bundles, and all that got people was yet another iteration that was behind console versions priced at 30 bucks. I hope they finally change their minds, as I'm really tired of pulling my PS3 out for fighting games, but I'm not holding my breath.

At least in the coming months they're releasing more of their catalog. That is encouraging. Sucks to be a Persona fan though (though I'd wager that's an Atlus thing.)

Decado

Was really hoping they'd patch the lobby and memory leak issue before the sale ended. Not sure if I'll bite if they aren't fixed as I'm not sure if I can trust them to do it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Sorry if I missed this, but can I not use full screen windowed on this game?

You mean Borderless Windowed? I don't think you can. But it's an UE3 engine title, so a config file might enable it. If not that GeDoSaTo should.

Tenck

You mean Borderless Windowed? I don't think you can. But it's an UE3 engine title, so a config file might enable it. If not that GeDoSaTo should.

yeah my bad. posted that while I was loading in for a match lol.

Thanks for the quick answer.

Was really hoping they'd patch the lobby and memory leak issue before the sale ended. Not sure if I'll bite if they aren't fixed as I'm not sure if I can trust them to do it.

Don't worry arcsys will bring back the discount on the winter sale in the 22nd.

that's what they did for XXAC+r on the summer sale

Kaze2212

Sorry if this has been asked before, but when I run the game in fullscreen mode for a little while the game starts to slow down and stutter a bit. When I run it in window mode this issue is nowhere to be found.

Has anyone experienced something similar? Or does someone know how to fix this issue?

Some help and/or insight would be much appreciated. Thanks!

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think they dropped any characters from the Missing Link -> X -> XX so that's not surprising, though Isuka helped with ABA and stuff.

Anyone up for some matches late tonight GMT? Preferably Europe or East Coasters who don't mind like 4-5 frames delay. Warning: I haven't played anyone in Guilty Gear for ten years and wasn't very good back then, either.

Can you guys help me with this Elphelt combo found on dustloop?
Normal Starters
2H CH>5P>cS>jK>jS>jH>jD>(j236P) [116 dmg]

6H CH>236P>dash jP>jS>jH>jD>dash 1/3P>fS>2P(toss)>delay 6H>214K [168 dmg]
I don't understand the first part, since they're not connected with any notation (2H CH) (6H CH), what I'm supposed to do? I can't put a CH after 2H, so I don't understand how to start it.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member

I don't understand the first part, since they're not connected with any notation (2H CH) (6H CH), what I'm supposed to do? I can't put a CH after 2H, so I don't understand how to start it.

CH is counter hit- hitting them while they're doing a move. You can turn them on in training mode, but doing it on reaction in a real match is probably going to take some time I imagine?

Clawww

CH is counter hit- hitting them while they're doing a move. You can turn them on in training mode, but doing it on reaction in a real match is probably going to take some time I imagine?

yeah. landing an attack counter hit will let you link/combo stuff you otherwise couldn't. you'll get the hang of reacting to them (and fishing for/setting them up) in a match over time.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like the second Sol mission isn't expecting you to jump over the gunflame, and the first Ky one wasn't really designed with a sniper rifle in mind.

Schuhu

Neo Member
Just done the reversal mission, phew the window feels super tight like "I will never hit this reliably online" tight. Quite the shock coming from street fighter 4 haha

yeah. landing an attack counter hit will let you link/combo stuff you otherwise couldn't. you'll get the hang of reacting to them (and fishing for/setting them up) in a match over time.

thanks. Also (I don't really know about the other chars, but seeing them online seems that's the case) I noticed that the elphelt bnb etc are all very short range wise, I find difficult to use any of them in a match since I have to get really close to the opponent

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Just done the reversal mission, phew the window feels super tight like "I will never hit this reliably online" tight. Quite the shock coming from street fighter 4 haha

Out of the non-character ones that and the blitz shield -> throw were by far the hardest- I think the window's like two frames or something.

tariniel

Anyone know how I can remap the buttons on my stick? The layout is very awkward for me. I have a 8 button stick and it looks like this by default. I tried remapping ingame and I can't get it to work.

S P Taunt ?
HS K D ?

I spent nearly 4 hours last night just doing challenge and training mode. Coming from Street Fighter I feel like the execution is way harder here. It took me about a half hour to do one of Sol's combos into the air, nevermind doing it consistently or in a match, I did it successfully about 4 or 5 times. I think it was:
6P 2HS IAD 5K 5S JC 5S 5HS 623S 214K

I don't even know if it's a good or practical combo but I saw it on a youtube video. I also am not sure if I want to play Sol or not, I just figured he was probably the easiest starting point.

Moaradin

K S HS
P * D

Don't really touch the other two buttons. I'm pretty new to Guilty Gear and this style of fighter in general, but this layout has been working pretty well for me. All the button combinations for the million systems this game has is all easy to reach.

Plus I immediately gravitated towards I-no and apparently she's one of the harder characters to learn? I've definitely been having a hard time lol. Game is a blast though.

i dont understand those numbers, so cryptic /s

are her combos that long standard?

Siddiqui

I just want to thank Durante - downsampling this game makes a massive difference. It reminds me of Naruto UNS 3 - it's the only graphical setting aside from resolution and vsync but I'm really happy they included it. So much effort is made to give these games a convincing anime look but aliasing can make them look very unexceptionally 'gamey' - as if they're more or less like any other cell shaded game.

tabs2002

I don't even know if it's a good or practical combo but I saw it on a youtube video. I also am not sure if I want to play Sol or not, I just figured he was probably the easiest starting point.
Try Faust, he's really strong and is straight forward to play.

I just bought the game now. ArcSys US noticed me too:

y4i8Cjj.png

With a ± 4,169 margin of error. But It's looking good for the 5th day. There will probably be a big influx in sales on the last day for people trying to catch the discount.

WEEK ONE JAPAN Sales:

[PS3] Guilty Gear Xrd (Arc System Works) {2014.12.04} - 27,278 / NEW

[PS4] Guilty Gear Xrd (Arc System Works) {2014.12.04} - 12,638 / NEW

It was able to pull 100,000 in Japan by September.

Wonder what it is for worldwide numbers.

What are the NA/EU/WW figures outside of Japan?

Didn't realize this game hit 6 figures in Japan. Looks like the PS3 version really carried it.

Strategy is, yeah, but there's still some good info in his move list. His forums are more in depth than some of the other characters I've looked into as well. There's good info on Dustloop, but it tends to be poorly categorized so you have to go out of your way to look for it.

Sayad

What are the NA/EU/WW figures outside of Japan?

Didn't realize this game hit 6 figures in Japan. Looks like the PS3 version really carried it.
The Japanese/Asian version also did great digitally due to having English language and releasing few weeks before the NA version, which pretty much made it act as an international digital release.

Strategy is, yeah, but there's still some good info in his move list. His forums are more in depth than some of the other characters I've looked into as well. There's good info on Dustloop, but it tends to be poorly categorized so you have to go out of your way to look for it.

It's always such a problem with fighting games. Information is usually poorly-organized or overwhelming, character forums aren't very active for any games, even on Shoryuken or smashboards. The shoryuken wiki was basically a bunch of blank pages until not long before Ultra came out.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Seems hard to find guides or advice on characters. I can only find videos of good players, which only helps a bit.

Videos of top players really doesn't help new players despite what some people seem to think. You'll be looking at them playing and going "what the hell move are they doing here?"

But yeah, information on wiki/forums/etc. is very sparse and there's no "great big melting pot" of information for the games.

Videos of top players really doesn't help new players despite what some people seem to think. You'll be looking at them playing and going "what the hell move are they doing here?"

But yeah, information on wiki/forums/etc. is very sparse and there's no "great big melting pot" of information for the games.

I just watched them in slow motion. But for a beginner it of course doesn't give any insight into how they decide what to do in any situation, especially neutral.

El Sloth

Banned
Top Bottom