• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- announced (Unreal Engine)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

milliawauqn.png

They gave May's signature colours (orange with black borders) to Millia, wonder what the pirate girl will sport now.

That looks like formal wear, like what Makoto and Noel wear in BB, so don't think too much into it guys unless it's her new main outfit lol.

Xater

Wow it looks great. The good thing about 3D is that if you need more animations it's easy to do. you already see that with the intro animations. Good stuff, but god damn can they please stop with these retarded names for their games?

raven777

Visually its really impressive, like one of the best cell-shading I have seen (and how clean it looks compared to CC2's ones)

"I think it's next gen - Unreal Engine and 'new era' quote makes me think that. "

I think the "new era" is just talking about their shift to 3D characters.

Also, need to see Slayer.

Xater

I think it's next gen - Unreal Engine and 'new era' quote makes me think that.

Also it looks very impressive.

Yep, once this hits consoles it will be on next gen.

Also for those hoping for this to look good on the Vita: have you guys seen MK9 on it? Yeah not gonna happen.

I don't think youtube is capable of showcasing 60fps.

I wouldn't worry about speed for now. It's just a showcase trailer.

Oh im not worried that it wont be 60fps...sometimes.

Im worried that you will not have nearly the effects on screen because of the engine. It already looks more grounded than This

especially as this is coming out on current generation hardware, im really not expecting much.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I really don't see much that would make it next-gen. Could just be really good art direction.

The shitty low-frame animation definitely contributes to the 2D look too. Usually when they try to make 3D models look like sprites they make it animate too smoothly.

Westlo

"Lol at people saying goes this looks great. Go back and take a look at the amazing 2D sprites and backgrounds of BlazBlue and tell me this looks better. "

You do realize BlazBlue backgrounds are predominantly 3D, yes?

Yeah I had to lol @ him and anyone else saying Blazblue backgrounds the ones in this game, they're exactly the same style.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Also for those hoping for this to look good on the Vita: have you guys seen MK9 on it? Yeah not gonna happen.

Mortal Kombat 9 was Unreal?

Huh, it was. But heavily modified. Maybe Arc can optimize it more than MK? I don't think their 3D models would be too taxing on the system with the 3D arenas they have going here?

AkiraGr

Banned
Ok sega we got a new guilty gear now give us a new virtua fighter and we are done for the next generation of fighting games. I just had a huge erection just watching this trailer.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Ishiwatari directing... return of the king, baby! The models look great, GG designs have so much damn character and they translated it really well into 3D.

Millia in the trailer is rockin' my color, haha.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Just watched the trailer - I think the day many have waited for has arrived.

This beats even CC2's Naruto cell shaded work, and that stuff was already legitimately amazing.

It looks like they've come up with strategies to replicate even the animation cuts of 2D so it doesn't look overly smooth and robotic at the right times.

I've never had an issue with SF4's art style but it looks flat out terrible next to this. Now I just need Chipp, I-No, and ABA confirmed, though I'm not too sure how I feel and Ki looking even more like a sexy lady.

LTWheels

Assuming from the trailer Sega is publishing it?

Hopefully this means that is it will also come to the PC and most importantly there should be no delay from the US release to the European release!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom