• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R |OT| Ready to rock on STEAM (with netcode!)

Onemic

Now that +R is out I back to square one in terms of deciding my main. Slayer, Baiken, or Johnny....hmmmm. All three have had some pretty drastic changes, so looks like I'm gonna have to play around with all three of them and pick out whos changes I like more.

Anyone gonna be online tonight with the NA version? I'm in the mood for some GG but I always find nothing but zero bars when I search for randoms.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Now that +R is out I back to square one in terms of deciding my main. Slayer, Baiken, or Johnny....hmmmm. All three have had some pretty drastic changes, so looks like I'm gonna have to play around with all three of them and pick out whos changes I like more.

Im sticking with my main as he got his damage buffed up for no reason :lol
It's borderline slayer levels now lol ky

Joule

Cool, I'm inviting you now.

GGs once again. The connection didn't seem as solid as the last time we played so I hope it was good on your end.

I think you should be less reliant on f.S -> mist finer haha though you did start to mix up your round opener as we went on. In general I'd say you should explore more of Johnny's tools like 5k. I wouldn't be able to slide under it easily as well as it being a great poke that works well in conjunction with mist cancelling. Other things like 5H that takes up a lot of space, air joker (frc) to expand your air combos and air movement options... Also I feel like you should for go a reversal throw once in awhile when I'm too zealous in my wake up pressure as you went for throws so often in your own offense. It was pretty hard to tech today haha.

I'd be curious if you had any comments for me as well~

Onemic

Im sticking with my main as he got his damage buffed up for no reason :lol
It's borderline slayer levels now lol ky

After looking at some videos of +R Baiken and her change list, I'm gonna stick with her as my main. It's pretty much gonna be like I'm picking up a new character because her combos are completely different and she has so many new tools.(dat command dash is actually useful now :eek: ) They also seemed to have buffed up her dmg output too

Slayer is gonna stay as my main alt, and looking at the changes/videos of him he seems much more interesting to play. I wanna try out those new Dandy's.

GGs once again. The connection didn't seem as solid as the last time we played so I hope it was good on your end.

I think you should be less reliant on f.S -> mist finer haha though you did start to mix up your round opener as we went on. In general I'd say you should explore more of Johnny's tools like 5k. I wouldn't be able to slide under it easily as well as it being a great poke that works well in conjunction with mist cancelling. Other things like 5H that takes up a lot of space, air joker (frc) to expand your air combos and air movement options... Also I feel like you should for go a reversal throw once in awhile when I'm too zealous in my wake up pressure as you went for throws so often in your own offense. It was pretty hard to tech today haha.

I'd be curious if you had any comments for me as well~

GGs again, the connection was definitely was definitely a bit wonky at times today. I think the game was having some trouble syncing properly because the first round always felt the laggiest to me. I know I need to use 5K more often, before we even started playing I was like "I remember joule telling me to use it more the last time we played so I'll try to use it more this time," and then we started playing and I completely forgot about it haha.

Also I don't know why, but i got really amped up after we stopped playing. It was really weird. I was originally gonna play some DOA after we were done but I got so hyped up that I don't even feel like playing anything else. I don't think any other game could match the euphoric feeling GG gave me tonight haha.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
After looking at some videos of +R Baiken and her change list, I'm gonna stick with her as my main. It's pretty much gonna be like I'm picking up a new character because her combos are completely different and she has so many new tools.(dat command dash is actually useful now :eek: ) They also seemed to have buffed up her dmg output too

Slayer is gonna stay as my main alt, and looking at the changes/videos of him he seems much more interesting to play. I wanna try out those new Dandy's.
Want to try out some games tomorrow? I need to get a taste of +R ky

Joule

GGs again, the connection was definitely was definitely a bit wonky at times today. I think the game was having some trouble syncing properly because the first round always felt the laggiest to me. I know I need to use 5K more often, before we even started playing I was like "I remember joule telling me to use it more the last time we played so I'll try to use it more this time," and then we started playing and I completely forgot about it haha.

Also I don't know why, but i got really amped up after we stopped playing. It was really weird. I was originally gonna play some DOA after we were done but I got so hyped up that I don't even feel like playing anything else. I don't think any other game could match the euphoric feeling GG gave me tonight haha.
Good to hear you had some excitement. Have you had time to work on your Johnny stuff or just waiting for +R to really get on it? I see you juggling a variety of fighting games.

Good to hear you had some excitement. Have you had time to work on your Johnny stuff or just waiting for +R to really get on it? I see you juggling a variety of fighting games.

Yeah I'm just waiting for +R to get more into everything. I'm really disappointed they didn't improve the netcode though, since it's the only way I can get human competition at the moment but at least I have you guys to play. I can never find anyone when i search myself and since the netcode is the same I doubt online will see much of a resurgence. :(

Onemic

Just went through 3 hours of Japanese +R tourney footage writing down all of Baikens new blockstrings/mixups/combos I saw. First time I've ever done that. I should probably do it more often for different fighting games.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Dammit Arc. Again with the poor worldwide support.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I just want to know what the hell the holdup could possibly be, since the patch is available everywhere else, and even in NA on the Vita.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I just want to know what the hell the holdup could possibly be, since the patch is available everywhere else, and even in NA on the Vita.

It's not though

To my knowledge it's not even available on 360 in Japan.

Hopefully they were really trying to improve the netplay and it appearing on Vita and being delayed on console was because of that

Onemic

It's not though

Hopefully they were really trying to improve the netplay and it appearing on Vita and being delayed on console was because of that

Nope.

The patch is already out in JPN and nothing about the netcode or online matchmaking has been changed.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Nope.

The patch is already out in JPN and nothing about the netcode or online matchmaking has been changed.

Right but I'm holding out hope that the US patch is not the same patch, hence the delay

Why you wanna take a man's hope like that Karsius?

Onemic

Right but I'm holding out hope that the US patch is not the same patch, hence the delay

Why you wanna take a man's hope like that Karsius?

After all the shit ArcSys pulled over the last year with GG on PSN/Live, I gotta be as realistic as possible.

Essay

Well at least the patch is actually coming. We're lucky and have 4 systems with JPN +R in my scene, but there's still so many players who will benefit from being able to put time back into the real training mode. I fill dirty being hit repeatedly by the +R Slayer, or by Kliff in the corner, and only surviving because our players haven't had the opportunity to drill their new combos much.

Busaiku

I would guess a lot of the trouble brining it outside of Japan would be the licensing involved since Aksys brought the games to PSN prior to this.
I'm not saying Aksys is deliberately trying to impede ArcSys's release, but there are likely many legal issues that would have to be addressed.

Not saying it is, but given that the 360 release of Accent Core + was a simultaneous launch, whereas the PS3 game was delayed, and even the Vita +R was a month off, I would think that's something.
Though I don't think that's the only thing, but it could definitely be a factor.

Say, Busaiku, here's a heads up in case you didn't know.

There's an arcade up in north Houston (around 249 and Willowbrook (opposite side of town from you, I know)) called Insomnia that apparently has a cabinet running +R.

Free play every Friday from 5PM to midnight for everything on the floor, as I hear it.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

There's an arcade up in north Houston (around 249 and Willowbrook (opposite side of town from you, I know)) called Insomnia that apparently has a cabinet running +R.

Free play every Friday from 5PM to midnight for everything on the floor, as I hear it.

Could you PM me an address if you have it?

I'm a GG noob right outside the city of Houston looking for local comp to learn the game with.

Onemic

Should I buy this game? I was on PSN store to buy plus R but I realized....it was for vita.

Have you played GG before? Do you want to get better at the game? Do you intend on getting better through online?

If you selected yes for the last two questions, dont be like me and get the game. you're just setting yourself up for dissapointment.

If you selected yes for the last two questions, dont be like me and get the game. you're just setting yourself up for dissapointment.

Was going to protest, but in hindsight, online GG gave me more grief than I think is healthy for me.

That said, it did sustain me when local comp could not be found, and is a good item to have for local play, if that's an option for you.

hypernima

Banned
I mean I can wait til December, I'm in school so it will seldom be played for now.\

So I might buy it today then update later.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
It's not though

Haha, it's Arc.

Busaiku

You're talking about this?
Seems unlikely that I'd go, but at least I know it exists, so maybe I'll check it out someday.

Maybe for Pokemon.

Essay

Maybe just speculation (though I think I saw something about it in the patch notes), but it does feel like they fixed the Xbox screen delay with this patch. Jumping between the 360 version and PS3 version a lot, I used to notice enough of a difference to throw off stuff like I-No's throw FRC for me. Now I really can't feel any difference, comparing them one after the other.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Link says it's a US product

but yeah that's weird since iirc they were still waiting on +R on xbox in Japan

Naite

Meanwhile there was a patch for the japanese psn version of +R. Don't know the full list of changes, but I do know we can finally random select the music again.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
December 30th and no sign of +R patch for NA PSN. I guess aksys forgot about it.

About to buy a card for Full Boost next month, so I figured I'd just get enough points for that and JP +R while I'm at it.

AC+ is 1500 yen on the JP store right?

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
So much for that "update before the end of the year" eh ArcSys? I fucking love their games but the company itself has this atrocious way of doing things.

Essay

I suppose the shoe is technically not wrong. It didn't specify NA PSN, and US XBL did in fact get it.... Or maybe the whole thing's void because they misspelled the acronym:

1377184_220062341493047_1723938241_n.jpg

Seriously though, come on Ark. So much of my potential local competition is in limbo waiting for access to +R training mode....

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Arc Systems Works USA Facebook said:
Guilty Gear fans, we have an apology to make.

Back in September, we announced that the GGXXAC+R patch would be out by the end of the year. That was based on the best information we had at the time, given the status of the XBLA patch. Unfortunately, the PS3 patch is still in development and WILL NOT be out this week.

We delayed announcing this because we were holding out as much hope as you were. We are very sorry for the delay! If it's any comfort, the lack of resources on the +R patch is due to the ongoing production of Guilty Gear Xrd.

Again, our biggest apologies and thanks for the continued patience and sticking with us. We owe you!

Thanks for waiting until the very last possible second, Arc!

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah whatever. Just gonna grab jp version when I buy points for gundam.

Thet already have my money for us ac+ so not like they're losing anything making me wait.

Does anyone play this game?
Online is a graveyard...

The community is fairly dead at this point.

Considering that AC (vanilla) itself is already about 6 years old, now, I'd say it's had a good life.

But seriously, ASW, it couldn't be THAT much work to translate the warning screens at boot up.

Essay

The community is fairly dead at this point.
Online random matches, yeah, those are pretty dead. Players like me who coordinate matches with people they know they have a good connection with sometimes end up waiting around in a free lobby afterwards and getting matches in with randoms. *shrug*

...So lucky here that my local community isn't dead. :D

Onemic

Does anyone play this game?
Online is a graveyard...

Not many. For one, I find that ASW has a lot of fake fans. Those that complain to the clouds about *insert ASW game here* not being released on such and such platform and then once it releases they rarely support it for more than a few days/weeks. Second is that ASW themselves really fucked up on the online portion of this game. I mean bad.

Top Bottom