• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R |OT| Ready to rock on STEAM (with netcode!)

gutabo

Cross posting from another thread:
A friend just sent me this, it was a small file so hopefully the quality wont suck too much:

GGXXAC+r Gutabo vs Justin Wong (Potemkin mirror), casuals after some drinks

If I'm rusty in SF4, you can bet your ass I am rustier at GG. I don't even know the full list of +r changes, and it shows. Justin surprised me with his rushdown, back when I played with Pot(I also used venom, testament and johnny back then) I was used to go after people myself and also because it's the middle of a set there is already some mutual conditioning going on. I only used Pot in this set tho. Still we had fun and the score was 15-4 or something like that, I lost of course.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Quick question to everyone who got the Vita version: does the game support cross-save with the PS3 version? Also, I updated the OP slightly. ^_^

Essay

Quick question to everyone who got the Vita version: does the game support cross-save with the PS3 version? Also, I updated the OP slightly. ^_^

Can't argue with updates! According to the Destructoid review you're linking, cross-save is a no go though. I've had my hands on a copy before, and I don't recall the option jumping out at me either.

was this ever released in europe for the Vita? I can't seem to find any physical copies and it's not up on PSN. I want it in preparation to Xrd :D

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
was this ever released in europe for the Vita? I can't seem to find any physical copies and it's not up on PSN. I want it in preparation to Xrd :D

Unfortunately no. The only way today to play +R in Europe is by owning the X360 version.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
OP has been updated with new info for the Steam release! Price is still unknown but I expect wither $15 or $20 tops.

OH MY GOD IT'S OUT TOMORROW.

Why didn't anyone tell me this. *bought*

Now if someone can mod the old #Reload UI for fights into this version (I don't really like the new "burst" logo)...

Dinjoralo

Oh, yay. This looks fun.

I have to ask, is anyone else a bit frustrated at how many fighting games on PC are released after they're around two years old? The only games I can think of that haven't done this ate Mortal Kombat X, Street Fighter IV, and probably Street Fighter V.

Papstr

Neo Member
Totally buying this for support. It'll be like the 6th time I've bought it haha. I hope somebody makes some palette mods or something. I want purple Sol.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I read on the community forums that game is releasing at 9pm EST. So we have quite the wait ahead.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Game is live! $15 USD with a launch discount of 10%. Won't be able to play until Friday though. T.T

fader

I assume that with 2D he already meant not Xrd.(even though the gameplay is still 2D)

Xrd is a different game anyway.

Sort of like Street Fighter III 3rd Strike and SF4.

Xrd is a new 2D series just like XX was a 2d series. (3d graphics are not the discussion here). Guilty Gear 2 is their 3d series. He asked for "series".

I expect a full report from all of you on this port.

Naite

Haven't gotten any online matches going but so far the online menus looks just the same as the console (no lobbies, etc.).

I tried going into quick match under player match and it took me 6 minutes to find me an opponent (I couldn't back out of this screen while it was searching besides closing the game entirely and restarting). When I finally did find someone they backed out immediately.

EDIT: Got my first match in, didn't feel any lag. Played horribly since I'm still used to Xrd timing though.

Naite

How is the netcode compared to +R for consoles?

I don't know if I've played enough matches to say, but the PC netcode is way better for me. On PS3, I think I only had one or two players ever where I didn't experience lag while the PC version I haven't felt any lag so far.

Verus

Well I had fun with Faust. If it's technically better than console l'd buy it.
It's pretty much the same game. There is little to no difference that is better than the other.

I jumped in because my PS3 died and I'm glad to be back in the game.

Verus

Now why would I do that?
NVrRvJX.jpg

Why are you going to buy a fighting game you won't even play?

Tain

so I tried this on my TV and was all "man this port is really great and scales better to 1080p than it does to 720p like on the 360"

and then I went to my monitor and two things

1. The game caps at 1080p. Annoying but not a dealbreaker.

2. The game doesn't play well with high refresh rates, or at least with gsync. As in, it runs too fast. Annoying, but also not a dealbreaker for me since I have a refresh rate toggle on my monitor (it's pretty funny to hit a monitor button to change the game from 200% speed to 100% speed).

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
1. The game caps at 1080p. Annoying but not a dealbreaker.

2. The game doesn't play well with high refresh rates, or at least with gsync. As in, it runs too fast. Annoying, but also not a dealbreaker for me since I have a refresh rate toggle on my monitor (it's pretty funny to hit a monitor button to change the game from 200% speed to 100% speed).

Let the Arc System Works community manager know on the Steam forums.

Is there any way in hell that I will be able to assign up/down/left/right to 1p's arrow keys? Or have they just said "Ha ha fuck you?"

This is infuriating.

Top Bottom