• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guitar Hero 2 for X360 MSRP may be $89.99

wariodogoo5.gif

I knew this was going to happen. Part of the reason I decided to just stick to Guitar Hero 2 on PS2, since it's less (and I already own a Guitar for PS2).

I hope DDR Universe isn't ridiculously expensive. :(

Beezy

I hope it bombs. I don't think the price should've been raised from $70 to $80 for GH2 (PS2) either.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
They should put the Mjoiner Halo theme as an exclusive song. Or the Reclaimer track from Halo 2 vol 2

ouch. really there killing me here. I want to play GH2. I really do, but I don't know if I should get it on ps2 or wait and have to re-buy a controller, or wait for 80's edition. Jesus.

pilonv1

Wario64 said:
Notice that the series is getting progressively more expensive...

Guitar Hero = $69.99
Guitar Hero 2 PS2 = $79.99
Guitar Hero 2 X360 = $89.99

Well it's selling like crazy, isn't GH2 over 500k now? If they can maintain sales and drag an extra $10 out of people then they're going to do it.

aku:jiki

Wario64 said:
They should put the Mjoiner Halo theme as an exclusive song. Or the Reclaimer track from Halo 2 vol 2
That's the best idea I've heard all day. Which is probably why it'll never happen. :(

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
pilonv1 said:
Well it's selling like crazy, isn't GH2 over 500k now? If they can maintain sales and drag an extra $10 out of people then they're going to do it.

GH2 is ~1.5 million right now :p

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
AtomicShroom said:
+ Microtransactions = :(

Um, I thought it shipped with 10 extra songs AND this is one of the few games where you WANT microstransactions?

Controller was wired at X06. Dunno if it still is. Actually, guitar + wire = realistic, but I get it.

acksman

Don't own a PS2, so been waiting for the 360 version.

Did anyone else see this on the controller? Foot Pedal in the future?

940481113ae.jpg

I expected this. I waited for the 360 version as I'm sure there will be great songs I will want that will go up on the marketplace that I wouldn't have been able to get with the PS2 version.

Soul4ger

Not to mention, microtransactions include additional ACHIEVEMENTS, which rocks the cocks. I'm really excited about the Xbox 360 version, held off on the PS2 version last holiday.

SPEA

Wario64 said:
dude. that idea is golden. that would be freaking awesome.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Wario64 said:

Holy crap would that ever be awesome.

Where's Stinkles when you need him?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I just picked up the PS2 version of GH1 today at EB for 40 bucks with the guitar. God I suck at this game.

TigerKnee

Being a 360 owner, that means I'm already rich, which means I can easily afford the extra $10 without any problem.

Rhindle

Wasn't it supposed to ship with a wireless guitar to begin with? Did they ever officially state they were changing that?

Muppet345

Ouch.

$20 more for a wired guitar on a system less people own? Extra songs, sure, but those should be incentive to pick it up on a system where you'll be less likely to find other people with guitars to play multiplayer with, not an excuse to raise the price.

If they use poor 360 sales as an excuse to not put sequels on there, it won't matter, though, since the franchise has been passed to a crappy company.

Link316

Banned
Reilly said:
Good thing I'm done with the Guitar Hero series.

I'm almost there, don't like most of the songs in GH2, only thing I play it for is the co-op mode but when I'm by myself I go back to GH1, hope they have good songs in GH 80's or that could be the end of series for me

Chris Michael said:
whaaaaaaat? I completely missed this. I thought Sony owned GH???

due to their dominance of the past 2 generations, people mistakenly assume every PS2/PS1 exclusive was "owned by Sony" :lol

kiUNiT

Kevar said:
Ouch.

$20 more for a wired guitar on a system less people own? Extra songs, sure, but those should be incentive to pick it up on a system where you'll be less likely to find other people with guitars to play multiplayer with, not an excuse to raise the price.

If they use poor 360 sales as an excuse to not put sequels on there, it won't matter, though, since the franchise has been passed to a crappy company.

Quoted so in May you can say you told us it would sell like shit on 360.

Reilly

omg rite said:

The first one was special.

They followed it up with crap. Co-op is pointless, the songs aren't good, product placement bonanza. I could go on.

Now, they're pushing the crap out even faster.

Reilly said:

Yeah I've got to agree there. Success has a way of destroying good franchises. I doubt Activision has the restraint needed to keep it special.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Reilly said:

They followed it up with crap. Co-op is pointless, the songs aren't good, product placement bonanza. I could go on.

Co-op is.. pointless? What's wrong with you?

Haha, of course the backlash would start. Faster than I thought though.

Angelcurio

AtomicShroom said:
+ Microtransactions = :(
This is one of the few games in which microtransactions would be a positive thing. I would gladly pay extra just to have the songs from the original game on Guitar Hero 2 (IMHO, the soundtrack of GH2 looks pale in comparison to the original soundtrack).

ZeoVGM

Banned
Angelcurio said:
This is one of the few games in which microtransactions would be a positive thing. I would gladly pay extra just to have the songs from the original game on Guitar Hero 2 (IMHO, the soundtrack of GH2 looks pale in comparison to the original soundtrack).

I really hope they do that, though I think GH2's soundtrack destroys the first one's.

Top Bottom