• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gun Gun Pixies for PS Vita from Compile Heart/Shade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuukan

Update 2:

Some information from the Dengeki preview:

Plot:
The people of Pandemo, the mother planet of the protagonists, regularly plunder different planets. As a result, outsiders could not be trusted and there was an extreme lack of communication. People are not getting married and the planet is in decline, so it was decided to investigate interactions among earthlings to break the situation.

Crucial info from the devs:
  • The genre is third-person shooter, but there are also many adventure scenes.
  • It’s PS Vita-only because playing on a small screen matches with the story.
  • The women’s dormitory is the target because who knows what kinds of mistakes they’d make if they sent you to a men’s location.
  • The gun is loaded with “Happy Bullets,” which cure the tired girls of their stiff shoulders when they’re shot.
  • There are enemies that will try to hinder your mission.
  • 20 types of underwear are being prepared, which change on a daily basis.
  • You can even cling to their butts.
  • There is costume destruction for the protagonists. Their skin will be revealed as they receive enemy attacks. There are tentacles, too.

Source: Gematsu/Dengeki

...are you even responding to my post, or did you already have a preplanned screed that you just needed to get off your chest? I'm well aware of the realities of the Japanese market and don't need your condescension to explain it to me. Or does me explaining why I have an emotional reaction to CH somehow offend your precious sensibilities?

Is a post like this really needed? The reason why you keep getting replies like that is because you know full well that coming in CH threads and complaining about the way the Japanese industry is going isn't doing a damn bit of good, yet you come in here anyway rather than the AAA developer threads every time a new mobile game is announced from them. No game Compile Heart makes will ever change the industry and they aren't about to give you the masterpieces of old. You are either a fan of their work or you let it pass you by like everyone else, they don't care as long as they can reach their intended audience.

Maybe getting the same responses thrown at you time and time again will make you realize that, or you can continue coming into threads like this and crusading about how every niche Japanese game that isn't doing what you want it to do, is somehow killing the industry.

Tohsaka

Update 2:

Some information from the Dengeki preview:

Plot:

Crucial info from the devs:

It really does seem kinda like Mister Mosquito since you have to avoid getting the attention of the humans. Also there doesn't appear to be any rubbing minigame so maybe we'll get this in the west afterall. I'll probably end up importing it anyway though, depending on when it releases.

If this weren't so pervy it'd look interesting. Something about playing a tiny person in a regular sized house, or a regular sized person in a giant house, is weirdly compelling. Mister Mosquito, Toy Story 2, countless custom PC shooter maps.

raw

Yasumi

Banned
You can even cling to their butts.
Shadow of the Colassus confirmed.

Seriously though, if the gameplay is solid enough, I might be interested. The premise and setting have potential.

It really does seem kinda like Mister Mosquito since you have to avoid getting the attention of the humans. Also there doesn't appear to be any rubbing minigame so maybe we'll get this in the west afterall. I'll probably end up importing it anyway though, depending on when it releases.
tentacles though

Naeval

Did you ever stop to think for a second that the reason why Compile Heart is still able to do whatever it wants is due to actually producing things fans want? Where as those other companies that produced your so called masterpieces have been totally fucking up their IPs and ignoring the fanbase. That or turning other beloved IPs into mobile games that no one wanted.

The glory days are gone and never coming back. So better get used to it.

Other companies are attempting to go on more traditional formulas but at the same time too the domestic market itself is a bit of a mess as you can see with the Media Create numbers.

Generally the companies that are surviving are the ones who know generally what their fans want and keep trying to bring out titles that will keep them interested. Its the same reason why Visual Novel producing companies are still around even though its quite the niche genre.

What I mean is that beside launching these weird games, I miss the old compile. Puyo Puyo, Golvelius, Aleste (and other shmups) were really good games, and I want to see if not a sequel, games that inherit this talent.

What I mean is that beside launching these weird games, I miss the old compile. Puyo Puyo, Golvelius, Aleste (and other shmups) were really good games, and I want to see if not a sequel, games that inherit this talent.

Me too. Guru Logi Champ is a favourite of mine, too.

When Compile went bankrupt and sold their IP to D4 Enterprise, was it ever documented how close Compile Heart resembles them, particularly years on in this decade?

What's interesting is D4 Enterprise sold many Compile IP back to Compile Heart. But I doubt they'll do anything with them, that was already a long time ago.

Now that Masamitsu Niitani has founded his own company and working on Nyoki Nyoki for 3DS, hopefully his team can capture some of that particular brand of Compile magic again.

Naeval

You are right, let's see what Compile - O (or Compile Maru) has to show in the future :D

Me too. Guru Logi Champ is a favourite of mine, too.

When Compile went bankrupt and sold their IP to D4 Enterprise, was it ever documented how close Compile Heart resembles them, particularly years on in this decade?

What's interesting is D4 Enterprise sold many Compile IP back to Compile Heart. But I doubt they'll do anything with them, that was already a long time ago.

Now that Masamitsu Niitani has founded his own company and working on Nyoki Nyoki for 3DS, hopefully his team can capture some of that particular brand of Compile magic again.

Ryuukan

Release date is March 23, 2017

Update 3:

Maiden Subjugation War

The Maiden Subjugation War is a special mission that occurs at a turning point in the story. The goal is to quiet down the residents of the girls’ dormitory, who have begun to act outrageous for some reason. You won’t be discovered by the girls during this mission, and will be able to see them take special actions, like doing yoga.

03_cs1w1_960x544.jpg

vato_loco

No word of this coming west yet, right? I'm definitely getting this, the only difference is whether I'm cursing my lack of JP ability or not.

Ryuukan

No word of this coming west yet, right? I'm definitely getting this, the only difference is whether I'm cursing my lack of JP ability or not.

Not yet, chances are not great since IFI has been avoiding the higher lewd tier releases

dunno where this will land on the spectrum

Battlechili

Banned
I hope this game comes to the West. It looks right up my alley as far as titles go. I love that CH is willing to make games like this. Just wish that they'd actually come to the West.

I'll be throwing IFI an email sending a request for it to be brought over, but I'm not holding my breath.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Its official, compile heart have become a parody of themselves and every other super low budget niche dev out there

Whelp...someone's going to make smut and Compile Hearts said, "It might as well be us!" I respect their dedication to catering to niche markets...very, very niche markets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom