• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Build Fighters Try |OT| Once Again, Please Set Your GP Base

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
THIS HAND OF MINE GLOWS WITH AEROSOL PAINT
IT'S BURNING GRIP IS TELLING ME TO BUILD GUNPLA
TAKE THIS! MY LOVE, MY ANGER, AND ALL OF MY SORROW
MODELING FINGER SWORD
GO GO GO

Acid08

Banned
10294311_878566462156627_1687960368845727780_n.jpg

10370373_878566412156632_2220211713941937820_n.jpg

:3
Obviously not even a little bit inspired by God Gundam.

Man, I'm so excite.

And I've just realised I've still not picked up a second Gyan + the valuable pod - WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!!!???

I blame the not being indoors so much over the summer.

yami4ct

That image of Build Burning is absolutely stunning. Cannot wait to see that suit in action. So cool.

In that second image that has to be
Reiji with long hair
right? Has to be. Interested to see where that goes.

Acid08

Banned
That image of Build Burning is absolutely stunning. Cannot wait to see that suit in action. So cool.

In that second image that has to be
Reiji with long hair
right? Has to be. Interested to see where that goes.
I hope so. They're leaning hard into the G imagery though which can only mean fucking great things.

shira

5ENGi6Q.jpg

not kawaii enough, this sucks. omg it's build knuckle all over again, zzz

edit: Holy shit dat ending, ok not bad. Starts slow as hell. Go Sannin!

Yes, gundams punching each other and a main character that calls out his attacks!

Thank God
Gundam
there's a good Gundam show this season

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
GUNDAM BUILD FIGHTERS TRY Episode 1:

So here we are, back to the Gunpla matches, our opening salvo starts out pretty solidly, if not predictably. Pretty standard introduction episode establishing the new characters, the changed setting, the new stakes and so on and so forth. The production values have not missed a beat, unlike Log Horizon Season 2, and also unlike that horrible mess of refuse that is called G-Reco the editing, story-boarding and fight choreography are not utter tripe 30 years out of time. On the down side this episode does take a little too long to get going and there really isn't excuse for redoubling on the fundamentals of Gunpla battles, this is season 2, we have an entire season worth in the can. Yes, already one of the best debut episodes of the Fall 2014 season and
I like forward to seeing the first Gunpla Trios match.

duckroll

Damn, that was SO GOOD. The opening of the episode felt right out of the finale of the last series. Lol. Glad to see that even with a few staff changes and Sunrise working a gazillion shows in the same season, Build Fighters is still Build Fighters. :D

Yoooooooooooo dat Sekai/Domon blade grasp. Welcome back G Gun... Gundam Build Fighters :D

It's like it never left. Need that HG Build Burning Gundam nao. Also, Ral still randomly walking around schools like it's nothing again.

vareon

G-Reco isn't good, it is ironic.

I don't know why you have to actively show your dislike of G-Reco in every post you made (noticed it in other threads too)? I'd say they're good in a very different direction. If we want to I technical, I can't say if either is good since I only see very little of both shows. I'm just saying that I'm very, very happy with how both show opens and will gladly encourage other people to watch both :)

By far the best part. Dude is just randomly walking by the goddamn club room. DOES HE HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH HIS DAYS? HAS HE NOT AGED AT ALL?!

Well he's only 35 years old, huehuehue.

Also, I don't remember any Unicorn units being in the first one series, but I've already seen a Jesta and REZEL in the beginning sequence. More pls.

That was beautiful. Great opening, the middle moments really help set-up the characters nicely, and the last parts was glorious.

I'd dare say this debut tops UBW for me, personally.

Enron

Banned
Well he's only 35 years old, huehuehue.

Also, I don't remember any Unicorn units being in the first one series, but I've already seen a Jesta and REZEL in the beginning sequence. More pls.

Did everyone catch the Maguanac grunt and the Virgo in the OP?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I don't know why you have to actively show your dislike of G-Reco in every post you made (noticed it in other threads too)? I'd say they're good in a very different direction. If we want to I technical, I can't say if either is good since I only see very little of both shows. I'm just saying that I'm very, very happy with how both show opens and will gladly encourage other people to watch both :)

Well, it is because the first two episodes were a hot mess of confusing nonsensical something that nobody has been able to remotely being able to find anything coherent about. It isn't helped by the fact that Build Fighter TRY is here and is really showing me how bad G-Reco really is. If you enjoyed, G-Reco, that is fine, but handwaving things doesn't make G-Reco's flaws vanish.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Wait people hate G Gundam? What manner of bullshit is this?

Yeah the Build Knuckle is bullshit, but it reminds me more of SEED than G Gundam as far as it appears anyway.

duckroll

Well, it is because the first two episodes were a hot mess of confusing nonsensical something that nobody has been able to remotely being able to find anything coherent about. It isn't helped by the fact that Build Fighter TRY is here and is really showing me how bad G-Reco really is. If you enjoyed, G-Reco, that is fine, but handwaving things doesn't make G-Reco's flaws vanish.

It's funny how whenever you hate something you try to go out of your way to bring it up in any vaguely related context like your opinion is so goddamn important. Pro-tip: No one gives a fuck. Stop derailing.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
It's funny how whenever you hate something you try to go out of your way to bring it up in any vaguely related context like your opinion is so goddamn important. Pro-tip: No one gives a fuck. Stop derailing.

Alright, I am done with G-Reco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom