• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Musou 2 announced! (for North America too)

S. L.

Drkirby said:
Isn't that somewhat accurate since I think Haman did care somewhat about there reasons?

Also, its the far future, most likely by that time its grammatically correct :/
you party pooper :Y

lupin23rd

BTW will be up for some online this weekend. I uh, will need some help getting trophies LOL

Actually, should I be at high levels before jumping into multiplayer, or does it all even out?

A couple of trophy questions:

- For the all friendships one, does it all have to be with one character, or could you have a few characters all combined that have friendship with everyone? For some of the other trophies like all skills, it says specifically one character, but this one doesn't seem to AFAIK?

- For releasing all rank 4 parts, do you actually have to get all 4 rank 4 parts for each suit, or is it just making the parts gettable for each suit? I think I got one of them so far (Barzam?) but haven't actually seen the parts yet.

lupin23rd said:
BTW will be up for some online this weekend. I uh, will need some help getting trophies LOL

Actually, should I be at high levels before jumping into multiplayer, or does it all even out?

A couple of trophy questions:

- For the all friendships one, does it all have to be with one character, or could you have a few characters all combined that have friendship with everyone? For some of the other trophies like all skills, it says specifically one character, but this one doesn't seem to AFAIK?

- For releasing all rank 4 parts, do you actually have to get all 4 rank 4 parts for each suit, or is it just making the parts gettable for each suit? I think I got one of them so far (Barzam?) but haven't actually seen the parts yet.

Multiplayer stats are fixed. So your single player game won't affect it. It's just like previous musou games with extra modes.

Unlocking rank 4 parts makes them obtainable in the same way you get any other part. Play high difficulty missions for better shots at getting them.

S. L.

is it final when i join a fraction/organization in mission mode?
Bask wants me to join the TITANS which seems to unlock some friendship missions. can i join a other fraction later on? Want to join Neo Zeon.

S. L. said:
is it final when i join a fraction/organization in mission mode?
Bask wants me to join the TITANS which seems to unlock some friendship missions. can i join a other fraction later on? Want to join Neo Zeon.

Yeah just finish the friendship missions.

I hate, hate, hate fighting giant Gundams. It's just stupid and time consuming, especially when they're on their last legs and love spamming that AoE bomb attack again and again.

*sigh*

Pureauthor said:
I hate, hate, hate fighting giant Gundams. It's just stupid and time consuming, especially when they're on their last legs and love spamming that AoE bomb attack again and again.

*sigh*

You can stop them from doing it with a smash attack, just be clever with your timing and movement while charging.

i want to try this game so bad, but the demo of the first one was hard for me. i got to the boss(?) gundam and he owned me in SECONDS. was it supposed to be an undefeatable boss in the demo version just to make it end quickly?

Jamesfrom818 said:
I need my yearly musou fix. Is this the best one currently available?
I've been having a blast with it since I bought it. If you're a completionist whore, this game will suck up your time. WGZ is still way powerful, if not more thanks to the way they changed the musou attacks.

Anyone have any good skill farming tips?

I am trying to unlock small giant so I can finish the Soldier's Battlefield 4 mission where you have to fight a Devil Gundam.

I've heard the suggestion of using Gundam Fight missions because they are short, but are there any other variables to the skill gaining equation other than the learning percentage like difficulty?

Hmmm i only played this game for 12 hours but Zeta Gundam seems to be ridiculously powerful compared to the previous game. If not only because you can chain the dash attacks for so damn long but the musou attack is extremely powerful as well. Oh and waverider mode lets it get around the map incredibly quickly compared to other mobile suits.

pancakesandsex said:
Anyone have any good skill farming tips?

I am trying to unlock small giant so I can finish the Soldier's Battlefield 4 mission where you have to fight a Devil Gundam.

I've heard the suggestion of using Gundam Fight missions because they are short, but are there any other variables to the skill gaining equation other than the learning percentage like difficulty?
I'm not too sure about the skills themselves, but the Gundam Fight missions are the best for upgrade farming. Got all of my Part 4 stats to +100 for God Gundam.

BTW, I really don't see any difference between Part 3 fully maxed and Part 4 fully maxed besides the fact that Part 4's come with attachments already. It's nothing you couldn't already do by attachment farming with Part 3's.

And freaking Tech level 7 is going to take forever to finish. =(

Lostandconfused said:
Hmmm i only played this game for 12 hours but Zeta Gundam seems to be ridiculously powerful compared to the previous game. If not only because you can chain the dash attacks for so damn long but the musou attack is extremely powerful as well. Oh and waverider mode lets it get around the map incredibly quickly compared to other mobile suits.
Yeah, Zeta is way better because of that near infinite chain + the way the Musou attacks work. Wing Zero is in the same boat because of the Musou attack's length.

I wanna try out Musha Mk. II though. I've only found one part for it, but it looks really cool.

Wait till teck level 8 :/ Thankfully there are only 10 tech levels.

I'm currently maxing out Char, because he's fucking Char. Level 48, +100's / +400/200 on Hyaku Shiki with a full set of attachments at rank 3. Char's Zaku and Sazabi are also pretty disgusting.

I'm trying to pimp out some grunt suits. My Gaza C is pretty badass. On a related note, the Zaku Tank is the best thing ever.

I really don't like any of the Char's Counterattack MS. Sazabi's and Nu's musou destructive power are kinda lame in comparison to a lot of other MS. The only thing I like about Nu is that its #6 Charge Attack really eats up enemies.

donkey show said:
I really don't like any of the Char's Counterattack MS. Sazabi's and Nu's musou destructive power are kinda lame in comparison to a lot of other MS. The only thing I like about Nu is that its #6 Charge Attack really eats up enemies.

Sazabi charge 3 is awesome. Breaks guard, and with the appropriate attachment is deadly.

donkey show said:
I really don't like any of the Char's Counterattack MS. Sazabi's and Nu's musou destructive power are kinda lame in comparison to a lot of other MS.

Yeah pretty much. Mainly because the attack pushes away the enemies and most of the shots end up not hitting anything.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Picked this up because I love gundam, but have never played a dynasty warriors game. So far it's ok, but how does the part system work? I'm doing the official mode with Amuro now and at the end of the mission when it goes through the parts, it seems like the ones I'm selecting aren't appearing on the gundam. for example, I selected the better leg parts at the end of the mission, but when I go to the next mission it still shows the default parts. I've only done a few so far, am I just missing something here? anyway, definitely a fun game in spurts, but a little confusing since I've never played a game in the DW series.

You get parts for other mobile suits as well so the Gundam can't equip everything. You collect enough parts and you can assemble other mobile suits like GMs and Doms. Also the new parts are just stat increases, they don't look any different.

Kai Ozu

The Japanese DLC missions are a blast, better than most of the missions in the game. I'm pretty sure they are the same thing. I'll d/l them latter.

Cruceh

Banned
Is this game that much better than the 1st one that it's worth an extra $30? The only new Gundams I really care about are Freedom and Nu Gundam. :\ Just wondering since I'm so bored this winter break after I finished Tales of Vesperia.

Top Bottom