• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gunman Clive HD Collection coming to Wii U (Gunman Clive 1 and 2)

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Just bought 2 on 3DS. I own 1 + 2 on 3Ds now. 1 on Steam. I plan on getting 2 on Steam as well. I might just triple dip and get both on WiiU. I seriously love these games.

beril

the European eShop has updated,
Gunman Clive is finally out on Wii U! in more ways than one...
YMgwys0.gif

Beril, you have tons of controller options for this game. I just played through the first few stages of Gunman Clive 1 using the Wii remote held sideways.

I love you. Thank you for giving us options!

Hopefully a patch comes soon to fix the bugs (sounds like beril's already on it) but I honestly wouldn't hesitate to purchase this collection if you're interested in it.

Vena

I'll have to pick this up as I haven't actually gotten it on 3DS and that console is too backlogged for more.

SuomiDude

Bought the game(s). Played GC1 for about 15 stages I think. 3 bosses passed through. Haven't encountered any bugs yet, but good to know that if there will be, it's going to be taken care of. Been liking the game a bit, not quite what I hoped for, but not bad either. And it seems to introduce new stuff all the time, so maybe just a slow start.

jholmes

Beril, you have tons of controller options for this game. I just played through the first few stages of Gunman Clive 1 using the Wii remote held sideways.

I love you. Thank you for giving us options!

Yep, I played on the GamePad and then pulled out the pro controller later. Didn't even think twice. Some indies make it a big deal, but this one isn't one of those.

C'mon go buy it people!

locustlx

Went ahead and dipped in on this. For only 4 bucks, this is a pair of some good looking games. Nice work.

BTW how did you make this game? Just got into the developer program and was wondering whats the best way to make a side scrolling shooting game like this.

beril

I am real curious about the context of this

Chieftain Bob, who was a new playable character in GC2, has been retroactively added to GC1 in this version; this is the ending sequence when playing as him. Just like when you're playing as Ms Johnsson, Clive is the one who gets kidnapped, and you rescue him from the bandits.
And if you compare with the original ending where I was too lazy too give Clive a new animation as Ms Johnsson kisses him, it's pretty clear who he prefers.

First game I've purchased on the eshop in a very long time. Very generous price considering what's being offered. Two enhanced ports of highly regarded games and coming to Wii U first to boot.

Africanus

Chieftain Bob, who was a new playable character in GC2, has been retroactively added to GC1 in this version; this is the ending sequence when playing as him. Just like when you're playing as Ms Johnsson, Clive is the one who gets kidnapped, and you rescue him from the bandits.
And if you compare with the original ending where I was too lazy too give Clive a new animation as Ms Johnsson kisses him, it's pretty clear who he prefers.

Felt inspired by this post to finish GC2.

Dinjoralo

the European eShop has updated,
Gunman Clive is finally out on Wii U! in more ways than one...
YMgwys0.gif
Get a room, you two!

I may very well double dip on this, take the time to play through with some other characters. I'm impressed the Wii U can do 2xSSAA along with msaa, even if it's just on a hand-held game with hand-held assets.

The end boss in 2 is an homage I would never expect in this type of game. I enjoyed both games quite a bit, but the 2nd is the better game overall because there's a bit more variety. It's hard to believe one person was talented enough to make these two games himself. I'd like to see a 3rd, but I'm not sure where he go from here.

fernoca

Got this yesterday, finally. Now have both on 3DS and this one on Wii U. Keep the great work beril...
and moar gay Clive!! :p

beril

The patch for the EU version is finally up, not sure if that goes for the US version too but otherwise it should be up any day now.

sorry for the delay

jariw

I waited until now to play the game, although I got it once it first was available Wii U eShop. Fantastic game, with such attention to detail! It doesn't matter that it isn't the longest game in the universe, when everything is done with such quality.

beril

I did another, not quite so HD, release of the game that might interest people
CSvK-MCVAAAk_6a.png:large

it's just the first level of GC1, and honestly it's not that impressive for a gameboy game, but it runs well and has a decent amount of animation frames. It would be fun to try do some of the later parts of the game, like one of the bosses, and push the hardware more, but I really shouldn't spend any more time on it. I already spent way longer than I planned to or than I can justify, but it was incredibly fun to do

you can get the ROM here www.gunmanclive.com/gameboy

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.

it's just the first level of GC1, and honestly it's not that impressive for a gameboy game, but it runs well and has a decent amount of animation frames. It would be fun to try do some of the later parts of the game, like one of the bosses, and push the hardware more, but I really shouldn't spend any more time on it. I already spent way longer than I planned to or than I can justify, but it was incredibly fun to do

Mad respect!

beril, if you ever look into making physical versions of this I will buy a fully boxed copy :D

Shaanyboi

Banned

That's crazy!

I just so happen to download this for Wii U last night. Already played all the way through. The first one and a good chunk of the 2nd.

I had a blast playing the first one and so far #2 is even better. Best use of $4 in a long time.

Good job Beril!

beril

Love it.

Any specific SGB enhancements?

I like how this series of articles described the technology behind the SGB, what was feasible with it and how no one cared doing anything meaningful with it.

Nope, I only really tried it on Super Gameboy because someone mentioned it on twitter. No GBC enhancements either, It's not the right game to add extra colors to. The default SGB palette worked really well with the game though

fernoca

Amazing. Will give this one a try...this week.

Awesome!

Khaz

Nope, I only really tried it on Super Gameboy because someone mentioned it on twitter. No GBC enhancements either, It's not the right game to add extra colors to. The default SGB palette worked really well with the game though

Well, you do have enemies with different palettes though :p

Top Bottom