• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gunpoint [STEAM] A Rube Goldberg stealth machine

Hasney

I had no idea this even existed until I saw this thread. Caught the first 30 or so seconds of the trailer and the website and am downloading now. This should be fun

Same here, had more than enough in my Steam wallet so I thought I should grab it and I'm very glad i did already.

Wow, just played the first 6 or 7 missions. Fantastic game so far. Love the writing and it controls brilliantly. Already have had some solutions to puzzles that made me feel bad ass. Can't wait to play more later.

Akira_83

Banned
looks awesome its just a little more than i want to spend right now... 4.99 woulda been the sweet spot

its just hard to justify coming off buying FTL for 5 bucks and Alan Wake collection for 4

One of the best openings of a game ever.

Most replayable stealth game ever? Holy crap does it feel good to get ghost ratings in this, even more so than Mark of the Ninja were you could cheat with a certain power.

Dakota47

Just before I was done with work my girlfriend texted me and asked me to do some chores when I get home. But but but ....

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
looks awesome its just a little more than i want to spend right now... 4.99 woulda been the sweet spot

its just hard to justify coming off buying FTL for 5 bucks and Alan Wake collection for 4

Try the demo!

One of the best openings of a game ever.

Most replayable stealth game ever? Holy crap does it feel good to get ghost ratings in this, even more so than Mark of the Ninja were you could cheat with a certain power.

Ghost ratings might be more than a little tricky for some of these levels. Plate glass muffling upgrade will definitely come in handy.

Gunpoint is the top seller on Steam!

q339kVI.jpg

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Yea this is bloody awesome. Hopefully the community goes nuts with the level editor so I can play this for a long time.

SJRB

Gold Member
This game is great. I'm about 5 missions in after the demo segment, really enjoying it so far. Writing is great, music is great, the puzzles are clever.

Yep, awesome.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Could it be that charges dont reset after a level? Meaning whenever you use a charge, its $150 down the drain?

border

I wanted to try the demo, but the Windows Taskbar blocks the bottom inch of my screen. This means I cannot see any tooltops. I cannot get it to disappear, nor is the game giving me the option to run in Windowed mode. Once I selected resolution and Fullscreen at the beginning I guess I don't get to change my settings -- WTF?

antitrop

I wanted to try the demo, but the Windows Taskbar blocks the bottom inch of my screen. This means I cannot see any tooltops. I cannot get it to disappear, nor is the game giving me the option to run in Windowed mode. Once I selected resolution and Fullscreen at the beginning I guess I don't get to change my settings -- WTF?

Same thing happens to me in the full game, alt tab and then alt tab back into it, fixes the prob.

Damn the positive impressions are exciting. Can't wait to get home and sit down with this one.

How's the soundtrack? Any comparisons that could be made to describe it?

This wasn't addressed in the Giant Bomb quicklook, but are you able to zoom in the view? I was really struggling to make out some of the details without sitting with my laptop right up in my face. Granted, I wasn't watching it in HD though.

d00d3n

I am not able to get real fullscreen in the game. The windows 7 start menu is still visible. Anyone else getting the same bug? Is there a solution to this?

Toma

This wasn't addressed in the Giant Bomb quicklook, but are you able to zoom in the view? I was really struggling to make out some of the details without sitting with my laptop right up in my face. Granted, I wasn't watching it in HD though.

You cant zoom, but I didnt have any issues ingame. The graphics look way nicer than in the videos too.

I hadn't heard about this until popping into this thread, and despite not wanting to purchase new Steam games in an effort to knock some of my Steam backlog out...I'm getting this as a birthday present to myself.

Morpork

I am not able to get real fullscreen in the game. The windows 7 start menu is still visible. Anyone else getting the same bug? Is there a solution to this?

Same problem here. I just did "Auto-hide the taskbar" by going to the taskbar properties.

Toma

Same problem here. I just did "Auto-hide the taskbar" by going to the taskbar properties.

Does this help:
Same thing happens to me in the full game, alt tab and then alt tab back into it, fixes the prob.

?

Such a terrific little game.

So I guess story decisions matter? I been click start mission, skipping the whole dialog. But looking at later missions and the achievements...I guess they factor into the ending?!?

antitrop

Hopefully the taskbar problem will be patched soon, it is rather annoying as hell, but extremely simple to solve.

Just a quick question - the soundtrack has these bursts of static that seem irrelevant to the pace of the music. Is this normal? Do I need to reinstall?
Thanks.

iavi

This game is genius. The writing's hilarious, and the stringing together reactions is addictive as all hell.

Lol @ the demo ending.

border

Does this help:

?

Alt-tabbing does nothing for me. Taskbar stays at the bottom of the screen, blocking all tooltips.

Does the full version of the game at least let you change video settings? This is pretty ridiculous.

d00d3n

Does this help:

?

I solved the problem by changing the zero on the third row of the file resolution.txt (\SteamApps\common\Gunpoint\Settings) to one. This permanently fixed the problem. My solution makes me believe that I somehow enabled windowed mode during the one time only setup when you start the game for the first time. But this doesn't really make sense either, because the game was still fullscreen with the visible start menu when I tried to use a lower non-native resolution without changing the value on the third row.

SJRB

Gold Member
So I guess story decisions matter? I been click start mission, skipping the whole dialog. But looking at later missions and the achievements...I guess they factor into the ending?!?

I guess it does. I've had one instance where I could tell my contact the truth or straight up lie about the mission objective result. Not sure how that effects the story though, or if it even effects anything. Most of the text message options seem pretty linear.

Toma

Alt-tabbing does nothing for me. Taskbar stays at the bottom of the screen, blocking all tooltips.

Does the full version of the game at least let you change video settings? This is pretty ridiculous.

You can change it in the demo too, but you need to quit to the main menu, its BELOW options.

Thraktor

Just finished (my first runthrough of) the game. I was surprised at how good the story was, and it seems to warrant a few different runthroughs as well (and not just to mess around with different strategies on each of the levels). Messing around with different strategies on each of the levels should be fun too.

Also,

Top Bottom